Kor37

"Where Have All The People Gone?"

I'm really upset that this board seems to be dying a lingering death. I usually log off around 7:30 pm est. I then get back on around 8:30 am the following day. It used to be that I would have to go through several pages of posts to catch up. These days there may be about 6-7 posts during that time. Why have so many people that used to regularly post deserted us? Has it become boring? Is the fact that there is no new Trek part of the problem? I love everyone on this board....even you, Capt_Picard...lol, and I miss all of those former regular posters. Where has everyone gone? Any thoughts from those of you who are left?

WEll I dont post for a few reasons, 1 Is that im addicted to a game called Worl of Warcraft, 2nd is that ive been rather busy latly and 3rd is that theres not really anyhint new so theres not as much point in comining anymore. Ive been hear for so long most topics that are poping up have already been seen or just doesnt intrest me.

Perhaps part of the problem is the fact that there is no new Trek. For me there are often not many topics that are of high interest to me at times. I also personally find some comments made recently and the language, phraseology and often absolute certainly of those who make some statements a real thread killer imo. There is often not much else to say beyond disagreeing strenuously and starting a fight and I want to discuss not argue. But that's just me. There also seems to be a sameness of opinion at times that may not be conducive to discussion. I too wish more of the old posters would return. Is there any way to invite them back, perhaps a reunion of sorts?

Perhaps part of the problem is the fact that there is no new Trek. For me there are often not many topics that are of high interest to me at times. I also personally find some comments made recently and the language, phraseology and often absolute certainly of those who make some statements a real thread killer imo. There is often not much else to say beyond disagreeing strenuously and starting a fight and I want to discuss not argue. But that's just me. There also seems to be a sameness of opinion at times that may not be conducive to discussion. I too wish more of the old posters would return. Is there any way to invite them back, perhaps a reunion of sorts?

I presented the idea of a startrek.com chat reunion to VBG a while back, and he encouraged me to follow up with it, but then I got too busy to do anything with it.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I've been spending a lot of time at the 3 Christian boards I belong to.

There are a lot of "unique" individuals there with whom I've been discussing (arguing) and debating (jihad) theology with. :spock:

I do love butting heads with atheists and pagans. I should be ashamed of myself. NOT!!!! :borg2:

Anyhoo, I still visit STF everyday, but I don't post much anymore. I just can't think of anything new or interesting to say. B) And since I don't like Spam, I don't post unless I have something to contribute to a thread, or have a question to ask.

Edited by APW

I'm here every day (though I might not log in...) and there isn't really much discussion going on. I might have to start making more threads! B)

Hmmmm.....a common theme in your responses seems to be that there is nothing interesting here anymore. Well, I for one, will try my very best to be less boring..... B)

I am on the board everyday. At least I try to post as much as I can, but if the topic hold little interest or someone else has stated my point I won't post.

I don't post much simply because others don't post much. I can't respond when no one says anything.

I presented the idea of a startrek.com chat reunion to VBG a while back, and he encouraged me to follow up with it, but then I got too busy to do anything with it.

I do think lack of new trek makes a difference -

Perhaps a reunion and celebration of Trek might be an idea. Maybe the month of September, or the first two weeks of Sept near the actual TOS anniversary date, could be official STAR TREK Celebration month at STF.net (in honor of the 40th anniversary). Is there a way to contact old members and ask them to come back for a reunion?

I also do think the lack of new Trek IS a factor (and I disagree with those who said that TV and/or movie Trek needs to be off for a while to rebuild interest. My interest is plenty built-up, thank you very much B) )

I try to come to Stf.Net as often as I can and do some posting at least to topics that catch my interest and be in the chat room as well but as I said in another post I do other things as well so I'm not in here as often as I might like to be was even thinking of doing a post from my older brother's media center in Dallas Texas (he has a wireless keyboard) but instead I decided till I got back home to Montreal to do a post again.

I am just not online at message boards much anymore. I probably will come to the boards (and actually sign in) a bit more when Wolf 359 Trivia is going on.

I am nowadays online long enough to check my email and read a few news articles, and possibly play a game or two at Pogo. But that is about it.

Kor, I know you're married, but still I don't swing that way. Anyways, for me it's college. I try to post, but I am zapped from college everyday. I get up at 430, out by 520, and at best I'm back by 1200, but I have to do at least 30 minutes of bicking. I tend to sleep from 1300 to 1800, be up for some hours doing homework, then back to bed at 2300 to wake up again at 430. Also add to the fact of my computer problems, my family finding out where I live, and a great deal of side paper work I just don't have the time for the forums anymore. Even my own website has gotten a backlash from this. Just give me until Wednesday... My finals will be over and summer will soon start.

Yep... unlike most teans that go of trips and are outside during summer in college, I'll be right here on my computer.

Well, I haven't even visited the site in about six months (BAD Narana, BAAAAD Narana!), so I couldn't post at all. B) I signed on yesterday b/c I got the email about the trivia session, and realized there were over 130 pages of material I hadn't read yet. Needless to say, about 128 aren't going to get read, unless they're commented on again. I'm going to try to do better...

Notice the word "try."

i come here most days. but i post on other boards too and i am working more. At one stage i was here so much it hurt my relationship with my boyfriend so i cut down

i come here most days. but i post on other boards too and i am working more. At one stage i was here so much it hurt my relationship with my boyfriend so i cut down

Your boyfriend got jealous of your cyber buddies?..... B)

Something similar happened to me too. My significant other felt I was tying up the computer too much (which I was :borg2: ). It wasn't just this site, it was Panda cam website, Yahoo mail, Yahoo and Aol news, Greatest Presidents etc. So I have somewhat tried to cut down, but also do more of my site surfing etc when she's not home or early or late at night. B)

I actually used visit everyday, My favorite series is TNG, but I really got into ENT when it was on.

Seems most Star Trek fans hated ENT and trashed it alot, which is fine and first it was just talk and

joking back and forth and then a few people got a bit too personal. I stopped coming, it was me,

I was probally too sensitive... and when ENT got cancelled I didn't want to face them. Kind of silly

really. But I'm back now. B)

Welcome back, v_seven! I'm sorry to hear that you left for a while because you took statements here too much to heart, but I understand. I have on a couple occasions here briefly considered leaving. I was partly being too sensitive myself. I respect the right to give one's opinon on this board, but if a very few imo would show a little restraint on occasion, it would be far more pleasant here, but that is only my opinion. I'm Very Glad you are back and wish more members would join you in returning.

I know everyone has been wondering where I have been, I am inthe middle of Moving and don't have Internet till next weekend, so don't worry the great one will be back

I actually used visit everyday, My favorite series is TNG, but I really got into ENT when it was on.

Seems most Star Trek fans hated ENT and trashed it alot, which is fine and first it was just talk and

joking back and forth and then a few people got a bit too personal. I stopped coming, it was me,

I was probally too sensitive... and when ENT got cancelled I didn't want to face them. Kind of silly

really. But I'm back now. B)

there are more ENT fans now, it's good to meet you

I have been here only hit and miss in 6 or 7 months

but the problem i see is people get stuck on the same

treads (ie. What are you drinking, what are you wearing,

what are you doing)

How many different ways can you say drinking a soda

beer,shorts,pants,tshirt. nothing, movies, tv. ect.

I think one of the main reasons that people do not come to this site anymore (at least the chatroom) is because the moderators keep an eye on what is being said. I was thinking about that the other day and it has occurred to me that is the reason. After the startrek.com chatroom was removed everybody came here and for a while the place was booming (around xmas of 2003). But then the new rules were implemented and nobody ever goes in there anymore. That is my take on it anyway. People like rick alverado etc. are never here anymore.

That is a good point that you made about the treads Odo.

Yeah, the chatroom has always been pretty deserted. I could never understand that. Its so much more fun than just posting

This board is like a representation of my life .. once popular, now desolate ad seeing the tumbleweeds. But like me it remians, and so shall I

I have been here only hit and miss in 6 or 7 months

but the problem i see is people get stuck on the same

treads (ie. What are you drinking, what are you wearing,

what are you doing)

How many different ways can you say drinking a soda

beer,shorts,pants,tshirt. nothing, movies, tv. ect.

I agree that just doing the same threads is not very exciting. Yet maybe people do that because they are "safe" threads and no one will, or can really argue with them about what they are wearing, drinking, doing, etc.

Yeah, the chatroom has always been pretty deserted. I could never understand that. Its so much more fun than just posting

I really agree with Kor. I just loved chatting at the old lounge when it was jumping. Chat is so fun when there's a bunch of people interacting imo. I really wish we could get the chatroom reenergized here. I'd be willing to lose some sleep to chat with those in other time zones (up to a point B) )!