Sign in to follow this  
removed

Year of Hell

That was a pretty good episode. It had alot of action and Voyager was wasted! It was pretty cool to see the ship so destroyed and falling apart.

The end of Part 2 was very similar to Nemesis (the movie) however. (The Nemesis writers must have liked this idea so used it in the movie). Voyager had gotten it's front blown off, so that the viewscreen was gone and Janeway could see the time-ship. Then she plotted a collision-course and rammed Voyager into the time-ship. Obviously the Enterprise-E is alot better built than Voyager, because when Voyager hit, it crumbled like a piece of paper. Lol.

But one thing. Anorax, the bad guy, (same guy who plays Red Foreman on That 70's Show) was doing calculations at the end for the time alterations. Wouldn't that mean that he has the same motives, so wouldn't he just build a time-ship and make all the same mistakes again?

Well I loved the episode, it is my all time favorite Star Trek episode. Also, let's just say that time, in and around itself can be pretty confusing and I'll say this as well and you listen good, There's no time like the present. So just.....forget about it. It's better if you just ignore it.

Well I loved the episode, it is my all time favorite Star Trek episode.  Also, let's just say that time, in and around itself can be pretty confusing and I'll say this as well and you listen good, There's no time like the present.  So just.....forget about it.  It's better if you just ignore it.

lol. ya that works.

just sharing my thoughts. :laugh:

Yeah, when the bridge smashed in and blew out into space, I thought of "Year of Heck" too! However, Voyager's forcfield poped in before Janeway was sucked out into space where as Picard and crew had to hang on for dear life for a good 10 seconds! :laugh:

As far as the ramming thing, I think there's 2 reasons why Voyager crushed like an egg:

1. The ship was so heavilly damaged, more than half the ship was considerred destroyed, as in unihabittable and unopperable. On the way to fight the timeship, we even saw that a massive chunk of the saucer, the back left curce, was gone! So, with all that battle damage, when Voyager rammed, it just crushed like an egg.

2. The other factor is that Voyager is a smaller ship, thus when Voyager hit, it was easier for it to crush, where as the Enterprise-E is a larger ship, thus more dense in structure. It'd be like if a Runabout and the Definat rammed something. The Runabout would shatter where as the Defiant would propably only crush in the front 3rd.

Anywho, that's my take on it.

Oh, and I loved Janeway's final line before she sacrificed her self and Voyager to reset the timeline. - "Time's... up!"

Would'a been more dramatic if we saw the ship shaking, her gasp, the bridge fill with fire, then Voyager explode, eh? Either way, that was one awesome special effect! Each series has that one "everybody dies, ship gets destroyed, but someone survives to reset the timeline" episode. Anyone think ENT will have an episode like that? With VOY's heavy use of time travel, we got 3 of them! :cheese:

"Year of Heck" / "Timeless" / "Relativity"

The Krenim 1st officer said they'd been at it for 200 years. If the timeship was erased from the timeline, that means it was never built... so, when we see Anorrax with his wife, working on the calculations... wouldn't that be 200 years go? :lol:

It depends on the context.  If I say Heaven and Hell, in religous context, it would be a place.  If I were to say "go to ****", then it is no longer in religous context, thus it becomes vulgar, aka cussing.

Well you can use 'Year of Hell' because it's a proper name.

I've never thought of hell as a "cuss". Seems out of date. Lol.

I loved this episode Year of HELL. I thought Year of HELL should have been develped into Voyager as a series. What I mean is, I always thought Voyager was too cheery and idillic. Perfect carpets. Champagne gatherings. Holodeck holidays. In Year of HELL we saw trauma. Hardship. A battered ship. A desperate crew. An evil insane villan. All the makings of a great multi episode arc. A blind Tuvok! Fantastic. No. Year of HELL was great.

Stardate:213578.1

Year of Hell was definitly my favorite Voyager Episode of all time and it ranks up there with the best Star Trek episodes ever!!!!Its ones of those episodes IMO that u can watch over and over and never get tired of it.

Great episode, I agree!!!

And, this proves onces again my saying

"Just don't mess with time travel"

You never know what can happen

Do you remeber what happened with Homer Simpson and his time travelling toaster....

They should have made that a full crossover Star Trek-Simpsons episode with Homer taking command of the bridge in an emergency and Bart with his skateboard racing Tom Paris and the Delta Flyer... :P

I loved "Year Of Hell", it was great. :rolleyes:

Can anyone recall the Earlier Episode this comes From??

Remeber when Kes Starts Traveling Backward In Time From The Far Future???

It was Because of a Krenim Torperdo Lodged in the Hull.

Nice To See That They Didn't Just Forget about that Future For Voyager

But I guess Janeway didn't Heed Kes's Warning, lol

"Before and After" is the episode in question. It's also the first episode where Kes dons her long hair, which I thought to be her best look before leaving Voyager.

Anywho, I wonderred why Kes's warning didn't come to Janeway's attention when they encounterred the Krenim. Maybe, durring the "alterred timeline", the crew were attacked before they knew it was the Krenim?

I believe that he could be restarting the plans of the timeship, but personally, it would be interested if this gets incoprorated with ENT's Temporal Cold War. If the timeship gets created again.... wait what if the mysterious guy is Anorx (sp?)!?!? He was the only one that really successfully created a large weapon of mass destruction, to alter the lives of civilization and even VOY. The times might be too seperated to make him the official bad guy, but yet again he could just place himself into stasis so his plans can be perfected in the future. I think it would be great to see him in ENT as the main nemesis, it would stir a deep darkness into the show and make us wonder what he really wants to do with causing such havoc in the 22nd century... or Anorx could of had a son which used the plans for his own purposes. If this is possible they might have a slight chance that we can see a VOY-ENT crossover, if the actual crew is incorporated into the show, we can have a flashback/flashforward memory of the temporal ship of when it was first used.

:look:

:lol: CHA-CHING Syperphobia! I have been thinking the same thing but been afraid to say it cause of the reasons you state for it not working but I'm happy I wasn't the only one to see that potential connection.

:look: