Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

A Couple of "Generations" Deleted Scenes

:laugh: VERY COOL!  But, there's no sound... :cheese: How can I fix that? :lol:

:laugh: Turn on you're speakers! Hmm, I'm not sure, it works for me in Media Player.

I like how in that opening sequence the editing draws a comparison between Kirk and the bottle of champagne both falling through space.

for some reason I can't get through.It says can't find page.I'll try it later.

That happened to me the first time I clicked on the link, in fact, it was taking so long I almost scrapped the idea of posting this thread but I waited and it did connect. Now I click it and I am viewing the clip within 10 seconds.

Stardate:213578.9

Those scenes were pretty cool.They are in the novel Generations.I downloaded the one about Kirk's death but it didnt show Kirk getting killed it just showed the rocket launching off the pad and blowing up in the air.Kirk just got knocked down by Soran but it didnt show getting vaporized like in the Novel.Although the scene was pretty choppy.

I could play the second clip but not the first. I didn't see Kirk get killed either, maybe he just got shot and died later? Of course this would be the saddest scene in all of trek IMO (big Kirk fan). I think a lot of people have never forgiven Berman for killing Kirk off. I wonder what Gene would have thought of it.

I should probably add here the quality of the clips is very poor and yes it is true, we do not seem to be seeing Kirk "die" in that clip. It was explained to me Soran had just shot Kirk in the back and that is where the clip starts, with Kirk slowly falling to his knees and then rolling over onto his back.

I like the death scenes as it was shown in the film, I always imagined all that tugging on the bridge anchor bolts was either Khans ghost or Fate trying not to be "Cheated" by Kirk again.

I love the skydiving sequence.

I can not seem to get it to work. Page won't come up. Is it no longer up? And where did these scenes come from?

I'm way interested. Too bad they didn't have a final scene in Generations with Kirk's hand shooting out of Picard's burial rocks grabbing his badge. He he. I kid.

Never Mind it just worked. :P

And where did these scenes come from?

They came from "Dynia" Thats all the info I have on the orign of the clips.

I'm way interested.  Too bad they didn't have a final scene in Generations with Kirk's hand shooting out of Picard's burial rocks grabbing his badge.  He he.  I kid.

:P

jdigs Posted on Aug 1 2003, 07:52 AM

Very col Alterego, Thx!

My pleasure, I'm happy you enjoyed them. :P

I never understood why Kirk had to die at all.That really upset me.I would have liked thinking that he was spending eternity in the nexus,forever in command of the pre-refit Enterprise having the time of his life.I enjoyed the deleted scenes,though.Especially the orbital skydiving.Previously,I had only read about that scene in particular.Sounds fun! <_<