Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Has Hades frozen over?

Here it is the 25th of July, the heat of summer should be starting to set its yearly new records but instead, it's raining :wow: not that I'm complaining, in fact I love it, I was just out dancing in it :hug: but it is very strange. It seems me to be the opposite effect a 'Global Warming' would produce but who knows. Is your weather acting out of character as well?

Alterego you are suggestion what I think:

Click for Spoiler:

23234702.jpg

I KNEW IT! :hug:

Lessa_Soong Posted on Jul 28 2003, 12:58 PM

Here in Georgia, we have had sooooooo much rain and for the first time in like 10 years, we are not in a drought. :hug:

That sounds like a change for the better and I'm pleased to hear it. :hug: Time to hit all the newly filled swimming holes! (clothing optional :wow: )

Alterego you are suggestion what I think:

Click for Spoiler:

23234702.jpg

:hug::wow::hug:Good one Takara! I just somehow knew that pic would show up.

Raining here to in the Northwest corner of South Carolina. Mud that's what we have,mud.

Stardate:213570.6

I live in Western Washington where it rains all the time.Right now its 104 degrees F and I am dying of heat stroke.Give us back our rain!!!!!

Here in North Florida, it is raining nearly every afternoon. It hasn't done that in at least the last few years. True the storms are a lot stronger then they usually are it seems. Hey, and a record was also made this year...the earliest formed Tropical system formed in the Atlantic in mid April. Ana also broke another record by becoming the first April hurricane on record to form(that counts as odd in my books)

The weather here in WI has been a bit odd, but in a good way. The daytime temps have been mid 70's to low 80's and very low, in fact, almost no humidity. In the past, July and August are so hot and sticky that we start longing for the cold winds of January. The nighttime temps have been in the mid 50's for the last week or so...also unusual. By no means, am I complaining!

yeah its been odd, my first summer vacation since tenth grade, and it SUCKS. its been wet, mostly cool, really cool nights, just downright not summer. i want my summer back. i love the sun, and heat. i need it. im solar powered. lol. :wow:

Actually our weather is back to normal in Southeast South Carolina. Thunderstorms almost every afternoon thru the month of July into August. Thank God the drought has finally broken for the first time in years.

Ya' know someone told me today that since the dogwoods didn't bloom this year, and the wisteria was sparse, that means we'll get hit by a hurricane. Sorta makes you wonder. Do these old signs of nature really mean anything? Well, I guess we'll find out.

Doesn't global warming mean that as the poles get hotter it pushes the cold air further down south? That would explain why it isn't as hot as usual in some places.

There has been alot of rain here in Cenral Ohio that I no longer know what the sun looks like.

its hooooooooooot here in alberta. it was 35 degrees Celsius here in Alberta (95 degrees Fahrenheit). thats hot for here!

and last Christmas, there was no snow on the ground! theres usually at least a foot or two. it sucked.

It's not to bad here, and we get plenty of rain when it does rain, however, our central air conditioning unit is dead as a door nail and our wall-unit air contintioner is fizzling out. It's not hot, but it sure is misserable... Allways sweaty and greesy. :wow:

It's been averaging about 110-112 through July and now it's humid too. Very normal for Phoenix this time of year. Why do I live here again? :wow:

I suppose so.

It's not that It's been Too Much Rain...Just seems like it's been an awful lot.

And I do Like to go hiking in the woods alot....but I prefer to go when I won't sink in the mud :wow:

Well we have wonderful weather here. There is no rain, it rained only three or four times in the last two months. The sun is shining and it's so hot that I just want to have some snow here... Or just a little cooler weather... You can have my sunshine I take your rain :hug::wow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Ha! Now the PERFECT wheather is in GERMANY! It´s so rare we have the weather everyone loves, so it´s ok that it´s still here, in my town, around me and my beloved ones!

But still a few people keep complaining: Too much sun...hehe, can there be too much of it when you feel a cold breeze and a bit of cold and fresh rain during night? NO!

End of story.

Its been raining so much here in LA (Lower Alabama, that is) that we've only had 12 dry days in the past 60, and we're 12" above the normal rainfall for the year. And Hurricane Season hasn't really begun! (I need a drowning smiley to go here!)

edit:sport-smiley-027.gif

Wow, this thread took off overnight! :dude:

Stardate:213570.6

I live in Western Washington where it rains all the time.Right now its 104 degrees F and I am dying of heat stroke.Give us back our rain!!!!!

:devil: Bwahahaha, its ours now! You could come and visit Ca.; perhaps it would follow you back. :laugh:

The weather here in WI has been a bit odd, but in a good way. The daytime temps have been mid 70's to low 80's and very low, in fact, almost no humidity. In the past, July and August are so hot and sticky that we start longing for the cold winds of January. The nighttime temps have been in the mid 50's for the last week or so...also unusual. By no means, am I complaining!

That sounds like Paradise to me, enjoy! Btw, did you know that according to a commercial that airs in CA, Good cheese comes from happy cows, happy cows come from Ca. :cheese:

yeah its been odd, my first summer vacation since tenth grade, and it SUCKS. its been wet, mostly cool, really cool nights, just downright not summer. i want my summer back. i love the sun, and heat. i need it. im solar powered. lol.  :lol:

You sound like very much the sun worshiper, perhaps a prayer will bring back the sunshine. :lol:

Actually our weather is back to normal in Southeast South Carolina.  Thunderstorms almost every afternoon thru the month of July into August.  Thank God the drought has finally broken for the first time in years.

Ya' know someone told me today that since the dogwoods didn't bloom this year, and the wisteria was sparse, that means we'll get hit by a hurricane.  Sorta makes you wonder.  Do these old signs of nature really mean anything?  Well, I guess we'll find out.

Doesn't global warming mean that as the poles get hotter it pushes the cold air further down south?  That would explain why it isn't as hot as usual in some places.

Sweet!

Do the dogwoods and wisteria need a certain amount of rainfall every year to flourish, did they get it or did they get too much rain thus, the lack of blooming?

Your explanation of the poles is interesting, that could very well be the answer.

There has been alot of rain here in Cenral Ohio that I no longer know what the sun looks like.

Same here in fact, we saw more sunshine during this past winter than we have all spring or summer combined. :huh:

its hooooooooooot here in alberta. it was 35 degrees Celsius here in Alberta (95 degrees Fahrenheit). thats hot for here!

and last Christmas, there was no snow on the ground! theres usually at least a foot or two. it sucked.

Well there goes the warming of the poles pushing the cold air south theory right out the window, if that were the answer then the cool air would have passed by you in Canada first on its way south. Its totally whacked out!

Here in centrel Mississippi, the weather's been scewy for years. I'm used to it. Last year in December, It was pretty Warm for a few days

Years huh? Not so here, every thing started going haywire just this last fall with the start of normal rainfall amounts.

It's not to bad here, and we get plenty of rain when it does rain, however, our central air conditioning unit is dead as a door nail and our wall-unit air contintioner is fizzling out.  It's not hot, but it sure is misserable...  Allways sweaty and greesy. :(

AC? Thats lucky for you, too bad its busted. We just use fans.

Sweaty and greasy sounds like high humidity. I hate humidity! Give me dry 100-degree heat over humid 80-degree heat any day.

It's been averaging about 110-112 through July and now it's humid too. Very normal for Phoenix this time of year. Why do I live here again?  :blink:

I would not last a day there. Hows the rent there, affordable? Our little 2 bedroom shack has risen to $675 month, why do we live here? :laugh: Oh yeah, It's California! (dumb reason)

Well we have wonderful weather here. There is no rain, it rained only three or four times in the last two months. The sun is shining and it's so hot that I just want to have some snow here... Or just a little cooler weather... You can have my sunshine I take your rain  :)  ;) Mrs. Captain Picard

Perhaps you have mentioned before where you are and I wasn’t paying close attention, sorry.

Ha! Now the PERFECT wheather is in GERMANY! It´s so rare we have the weather everyone loves, so it´s ok that it´s still here, in my town, around me and my beloved ones!

But still a few people keep complaining: Too much sun...hehe, can there be too much of it when you feel a cold breeze and a bit of cold and fresh rain during night? NO!

End of story.

I remember Germany, I was there in the Mannheim/Worms area back in … 74-75, something like that, I can remember no particularly harsh weather the entire time I was there, it was very nice.

(I need a drowning smiley to go here!)

(couldn't resist)

sport-smiley-027.gif

:rofl:

Thanks for sharing everyone! sun_smiley.gif

(I need a drowning smiley to go here!)

(couldn't resist)

sport-smiley-027.gif

Thanks RikerChick! :laugh:

yeah its been odd, my first summer vacation since tenth grade, and it SUCKS. its been wet, mostly cool, really cool nights, just downright not summer. i want my summer back. i love the sun, and heat. i need it. im solar powered. lol.  :laugh:

You sound like very much the sun worshiper, perhaps a prayer will bring back the sunshine. :lol:

yeah i guess i am a bit of a sunworshipper, thus why i want to move to norfolk, right by the beach, usually longer warmer sunnier summers, but not this year. but at any rate, ive done everthing short of make a deal with the devil to bring the summer weather back around. i love summer spring and fall, even winter. but the hot sunny days are the BEST. when its 90 -95 degrees out, i am in heaven. :cheese: but the weather weve been having makes me feel like :laugh: that.

sun_smiley.gif

Well someones prayer made it through to the Power that be, today the temp outside my door was 84 with a touch of mugginess to boot, lots of sunshine for a change.

In the 4 hours since I posted the above the weather has gone from not a cloud in the sky and hot to raining and 62 degrees :laugh:

AAAAACCCCKKKK! These "phantom" storms are driving me nuts! Go from sunny and warm to thunder and lightning, and the sky going dark! Then I shut off my computer so it does not get fried in the incoming storm....it rains for about three minutes and the skies clear. *runs around screaming*