Sign in to follow this  
Data

I finally saw Endgame

It has been a really long wait. For some reason I never got a chance to see this episode. Until today. At Sam's Club I saw the theme set "Time Travel". It has different episodes in all the Star Trek series that had Time Travel. Endgame was on the last disk.

I really enjoyed it. I will need to watch it again because so much was going on. What do you think of Janeway's methods? Do you think she broke all the rules? After going all those years trying to live by the directive.

I think Janeway got a bit senile in her old age.

I honestly didn't think Endgame was all that good.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I was disappointed that we didn't get to see what happened right after they made it back home and how things changed compared to the way they would have been if they didn't find the shortcut home. No parties for them returning home seen and that was sad. I don't hate the episode, it just ended wrong

Just think, it gives possibilties for a movie. What happens after Janeway returns. It could involve the Borg. Unfortunately, the producers did not do anything with it. Since Voyager did not get the desired ratings. Another fine thing that can be blamed on UPN. Endgame is a very complicated episode. That may be one of the reasons it is criticized here. It is mainly a study of Janeway herself. The Janeway of the future verses the Janeway of the present. How Janeway may turn out differently.

Voyager had some really well written episodes. Another one in the Time Travel collection, Year of Hell, is one of the best Star Trek episodes ever. That could be another thread.

Edited by Data

Guest Voyager

I throughly enjoyed this episode. In fact it was my favourite. Yes, Admiral Janeway did break all the rules on the temprol time directive, but it shws how much she cared for her crew and what she was willing to do to get them home.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see what happened right after they made it back home and how things changed compared to the way they would have been if they didn't find the shortcut home. No parties for them returning home seen and that was sad. I don't hate the episode, it just ended wrong

That's why there's these relaunch books...

Homecoming.jpgThe_Farther_Shore.jpg

They're pretty plusgood I might add myself... Been a long time since I've read the first, and I've yet to get on with the second..

From Five-Minute Voyager....

Janeway: We've found a nebula full of wormholes.

Kim: But wouldn't the wormholes suck up the nebula?

Janeway: I said wormholes, not plot holes.

I liked it alot till the ending, I didn't feel like there was any closure. All they needed was 5-10 minutes

with no dialog. And then show some reunions. :bow:

i liked endgame. i actually have read both of the after novels and they are great. i had to buy a second copy of the one because my dog ate my first copy of it. if you like voyager and haven't read homecoming and the farther shore i highly recommend it.

another thing about endgame is that it's inspired part of my fan fiction story i'm working on it takes place during different parts of voyager but endgame made me think what if the some things didn't change in the timeline. yes i know the whole getting home thing changed but what about some of the other stuff and also how did chakotay die? and a bunch of other stuff what happened to seven? etc. i'm doing my own little take on things.

tm