Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chewbacca

Favorite Moments In Star Trek The Next Generation

Guest Chewbacca

What are your favorite moments in TNG.

Lots of favs

The end bits of Best of Both Worlds parts 1 and 2.

Yar returning in Yesterdays Ent

Lal and Data

Data and Maddox

Barclay in Nth degree, I liked the ending and for some reason the end part of the episode sticks in my mind.

Sela

Spock

Q in all good things.

Data saving the day in genesis and picard getting chased by that frightening de-evolved worf. Oh but the best bit in that ep has to be Barclay as a Spider, I sometimes use that as my display pic on msn :tribble:

Worf in the ep parallels.

Datas head in Times Arrow.

Any time Data gets "some action" was a classic moment.

Also when Riker tells Picard to "Shut up" after he discovers he hasn't lost his memory but instead is part of an elaborate Romulan scheme.

Edited by Charface

Waiting for the Borg in Best of Both Worlds Part 1. Or Picard telling Wesley to shut up.... And his mother saying that too.

Waiting for the Borg in Best of Both Worlds Part 1. Or Picard telling Wesley to shut up.... And his mother saying that too.

I wonder if anyone sadistic enough will admit their fav moment was when Wesley got stabbed by those 'animal things' in Hide and Q B)

Oh and another fav moment was seeing Portal of the Tkon empire. I thought he was really cool. Especially the way he tests Riker citing the philosphies of Sun Tzu

Edited by morbius

Oh boy, Where do I start? There were so many of them that I can only remember one or two at the moment.

Probably, when Picard gets emotional after fighting with his brother in 'Family' after the effects of the Borg from 'The Best of Both Worlds' starts to catch up with him.

Another moment that comes to mind and this is only because I saw this episode the other day is when Picard starts chuckling at the end of 'Tapestry' and when Riker tears down the set at the end of 'Frame of Mind'

Another moment and this is actually even more a favourite of mine that I just remembered is near the end of Descent part I when Lore says "The sons of soong have joined together and together we will destroy the federation!". That is good stuff I have to say. In fact that two part episode is one of my favourites as well.

Edited by Sman

Those are also some of my favorite moments in ST:TNG as well Morbuis

including the Enterprise-C from "Yesterday's Enterprise" and a few of the scenes in "We'll always Have Paris" replaying certain events again as with the Fencing or when Data Picard and Riker are in the turbolift and they stop and see themselves before they get onto the Turbolift on one of the levels of the ship.

B) :borg2::spock: B)

Any major scene/episode that concerned Data... or pretty much anyone else in his family, but him first and foremost.

Wesley being told to shut up is a good one too. B) :borg2:

One of my fav's is Deanna in Nth Dergree, when Riker asks her if Barkley suceeded

when he made a pass at her 'a good one' .

I love the comedy relief:

Worf in the mud bath

Data and his cat poetry

Barkley's holodeck version of the crew

Riker in 'Perfect Mate' .. his trip to the holodeck after the kiss

There are so many, this is my favorite series!!! B)

Q

The line where Geordi tells Wesley "Every male on this ship is more knowledgeable than you!" (in regards to romance)

Picard using the treaty with the Shelliak to stop the Shelliak from wiping out the colonists.

Data's hot streak when shooting craps.

The portrayal of Twain in Time's Arrow.

Best Of Both Worlds

Barclay

So many good ones listed already.

When it comes to funny moments, that goofy smile on Data's face when he's dancing with the holowoman after his dancing lesson from Bev in Data's Day. When the barmaid, Annie, looks like Data (don't worry Yillara, I won't post the picture of Data-Annie again LOL). In the episode Liaisons when Worf is getting that one ambassador a new plate of food:

DATA: How is your diplomatic assignment progressing so far?

WORF:Fine.

Data watches as Worf hacks at the meat.

DATA: I have found that in moments of diplomatic tension, it is often helpful to find elements of commonality.

WORF: Ambassador Byleth is...demanding... temperamental...rude...

DATA: You share all of those qualities in abundance. Perhaps you should build on your similarities.

There are so many "pull at my heartstrings" moments I don't know where to start. Data and Lal, Lwaxanna and Deanna in Dark Page, Picard's experience in The Inner Light, when Picard has to announce Sito Jaxa's death to the crew.

For a scary moments, there are two for me. One is the startle type of scare when the morphing into a spider Barclay jumps up to scare Picard in Genesis. The other is the "make me pee my pants if he ever looked at me like that" kinda scare when we see Picard after Riker has given him his report on Ro jumping to the Maquis in Preemptive Strike.

Other favourite moments, Picard during the mindmeld with Sarek, Picard's little speech about history not forgetting the name Enterprise in Yesterday's Enterprise.

So many more...

Too many to pick a favorite, but ....

I love the episode where they're all trying to be encouraging with Lt. Barclay and Picard slips up and refers to him as "Mr. Broccoli." Everyone's face is just priceless and after Barclay leaves the bridge, Data starts going on about how "Metathesis is the most common speech error, blah, blah, blah ..." Then he sees the look on Picard's face and just shuts up in the middle of the sentence and turns back to the computer console.

Does anyone else remember that? Or find it as funny as I do?

My two favorites are when you first see Picard as Locutus and then the episode where Data dates a human woman (the whole episode was funny when Data tries to put what he read into use).

Q bringing the mariachis on the bridge and giving everyone cigars is definately one of my favorite moments in Star Trek history.

I really like the very end of "Menage a Troi" when Picard is forced to quote love poetry to get Lwaxana back from DaiMon Tog. Some of his expressions, and the other bridge crew, are priceless.

There were quite a few. But I must say that one of my most favorite moments in The Next Generation was Picard's defense of Data in 'The Measure of a Man'..

“Now tell me commander, what is Data? What is he? You see, he’s met 2 out of your 3 criteria for sentience. So what if he meets the third, conscienceness, in even the smallest degree. What is he then? I don’t know..Do you?”

Data's daughter.

nuff said

That was the sadest episode in history, it made me cry so hard!!!!

Those closing scenes are some of my all time favorites, a beautiful profession of familial love from the daughter.The special way that Data has to remember her, and then the expression on Data's face as he takes the helm. ( I think I saw a similar expression on Data's 'emotionless' face when Geordi and Rho turned up alive at their wake in a later episode.)

But one of my favorite Picard scenes is with Lursa and Bethor ( I may be spelling their names wrong) when they were serving Picard tea. At the end, with Picard's usual calm reserve, he tells the ladies that they have manipulated the circumstances with the skill of a Romulan, tells them when his decision will be made, and then says something like, 'Excellent tea."

The whole scene is fun in spite of the fact that some tricky politics is going on, especially when one of the sisters runs her fingers over Picard's bald head, and his calm expression slides into a frown. The other sister intervenes.

This exchange from Trek III:

Kirk: You should beam the Vulcan up too.

Kruge: No.

Kirk: But why?

Kruge: Because you wish it!

Kruge.....I love that guy!

Tough call-

I'd go with Picard deciding to go back in time and live his actual life rather then the way he'd changed it (with the help of Q).

It showed with simple dignity that oh-so simple truth: we are what we've done and what we do.