As much as I love Rock music, I also really enjoy Country music. When I realized that the only thing that seperates the genres are the way the instruments are played differently, I began to love all music. Now country is my second favorite type of music. Right now, I'm more into the newer bands (from the 80's to now) but I like it all. For those that like it, what bands or artists do you like? Like I said, I'm really more into the newer stuff with some that still have a little Rock in it. So the people I like are

Rascal Flatts

Kenny Chesney

Toby Keith

Shania Twain

Brad Paisley

Tim McGraw

what do you guys like?

T.K. definately. He rocks. Big and Rich are also awesome.

I also like Lonstar, Brooks and Dunn, Garth, King George, Clint Black, Hell, I like 'em all. Cowboy Crush actually has a pretty catchy tune out, haven't heard it on US99, but I've heard it on Music Choice.

And of course, Joe Nichols. A man who's not afraid to tell you that "Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall off" and that yes, contrary to popular believe, "Size Matters".

"Country music"--contradiction in terms.

ok not really. But so much of the modern stuff, that is played on the radio, just turns me off. It's got absolutey no backwood feel, which imo defiles the term "country." I heard Lucinda Williams' "Get Right With God" and I thought "Yes! THIS is what country should be!!"

Plus, a lot of the mainstream country just gets OVERPLAYED to death. The first time I heard "Redneck Woman," I thought it was clever. The 50,000th time I heard "Redneck Woman," I wanted to take a sledgehammer to the station's transmitter and pour holy water on anyone who uttered the name "Gretchen Wilson."

Toby Keith, Big And Rich, and Brooks And Dunn.....they all irritate me to no end.

I'm hesitant to say I like any modern artist. I hear certain songs that catch my ear, and some I like. Among 'em: "Songs About Rain," "Cadillac Tears," "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere," and "Prop Me Up Besides The Jukebox If I Die."

Fav artists of mine: Johnny Horton, Buck Owens, Elvis Presley, Everly Brothers (they were country, don't deny it), Johnny Cash, and Ray Stevens.

Basically, I don't want country music to sound like "Southern rock" that sounds like massive production was done on it to twang it up. If I want "Southern rock," I'll listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and the Traveling Wilburys.

And drop the fake accents, they're poorly done. And ditch the cowboy hats and boots, they don't look country on you.

The thing about Country for me is, yeah, maybe it's not the same style as Buck Owens or Johnny Horton, but it's like Trace Adkins said. "They're songs about me, songs about who I am. Songs about lovin' and livin' and good-hearted women and family and god." THAT to me is what Country is. I don't connect with any other form of music the way I do Country.

I love classis country. Coe, Willie, Haggard, Cash, Jennings...

Some new artists I like are Nickel Creek, Kevin Fowler, Pat Green, Hank Williams III

Don't even get me started on Bluegrass...

Alright, Classic Country folks, name the song this line comes from...

"There only two things in life that make it worth livin'

That's guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women.."

I'm not a big fan of most country music, but I love Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Dwight Yokum, and some Rockabilly and Bluegrass. There may be other country music artists I would like if I heard them. I'm open to suggestions! :dude:

I like Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw and Johnny Cash... I really enjoy country music though I'm actually a fan of rock music... I just need something to relax from time to time. :dude:

My end all favourite song is Hurt by Johnny Cash Mainly because it is well sung and aptly done by the right age rather than the giuy from NIN.

I like Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney andf other Modeern people. I actually share my Birthday with the pseudo country woman LeAnn Rimes

Edited because i think my brain was on a different planet and I said name nope not My name, birthday!!!

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

"They're songs about me, songs about who I am. Songs about lovin' and livin' and good-hearted women and family and god." THAT to me is what Country is. I don't connect with any other form of music the way I do Country.

And with the possible exception of god, this also describes folk music, independent label rock, hip hop and rap (outside of mainstream booty lyrics), jazz, blues, soul, even gospel (which would include god). So, if that's what country is to you, then all these are country.

Alright, Classic Country folks, name the song this line comes from...

"There only two things in life that make it worth livin'

That's guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women.."

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I'm Old School Country; Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride etc.

Same here.

Bluegrass, traditional country, and Texas Swing are all great. I'm also a fan of "Cowboy Music" and groups like the Sons of the San Joaquin.

"They're songs about me, songs about who I am. Songs about lovin' and livin' and good-hearted women and family and god." THAT to me is what Country is. I don't connect with any other form of music the way I do Country.

And with the possible exception of god, this also describes folk music, independent label rock, hip hop and rap (outside of mainstream booty lyrics), jazz, blues, soul, even gospel (which would include god). So, if that's what country is to you, then all these are country.

I have listened to Rap, Jazz, Blues, Soul, Gospel, alot of those, but like I said, nothing quite connects with me like Country. And I really can't stand alot of the hard rock/Metal/Industrial stuff. with that I can't tell where the noise stops and the music is supposed to start.

For me personally my top favorite of all music is Elvis, second to Elvis is Alabama. From there I like all kinds of different music.

In country I go all the way back to Hank, Sr. as my favorite old school country. That man could write and sing like no other. I like Johnny Cash, George Jones, some Conway Twitty, John Conlee, Reba, Loretta, Barbra Mandrell, The Oakridge Boys, The Statler Brothers... basically all country music lol

Of the "newer" artists I'd have to say my favorites would be Tim Mcgraw and Kenny Chesney.

I listen to almost anything if I think its good. Most of it is country though it doesn't matter if its old of new. I'll listen to it either way.

Ok, country fans, I was scanning the dial today and came across a country song that absolutely floored me. I have no idea what it's called though, nor who sang it. That's where you guys come in. Three major things to help you help me: 1) The song had an incredible walking blues rhythm line. 2) Judging by the synthesizer imitating sax on it, I'd put the record sometime in the 80s, maybe early '90s. 3) The chorus talked about taking things and "I'll send them off in a letter to you."

Your help would be appreciated.

VABeachGuy, I think you'd like this song as well, because as I listened I thought, "If Elvis had been around for this song, he'd have gotten himself in the studio and gotten the Jordanaires to back him on this, and he'd have REAL sax players in on it, too."

That and the Johnny Cash cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" is the closest I will get to country.

i love that song

Ok, country fans, I was scanning the dial today and came across a country song that absolutely floored me. I have no idea what it's called though, nor who sang it. That's where you guys come in. Three major things to help you help me: 1) The song had an incredible walking blues rhythm line. 2) Judging by the synthesizer imitating sax on it, I'd put the record sometime in the 80s, maybe early '90s. 3) The chorus talked about taking things and "I'll send them off in a letter to you."

Your help would be appreciated.

VABeachGuy, I think you'd like this song as well, because as I listened I thought, "If Elvis had been around for this song, he'd have gotten himself in the studio and gotten the Jordanaires to back him on this, and he'd have REAL sax players in on it, too."

I think you're talking about Shakin' Stevens. He was a rockabilly singer during the late 80's and had a song titled "A Letter to You"