Sign in to follow this  
Madam Captain

New Frontier books

I've been reading The New Frontier books and I just finished book 8. I have ordered books 9 and 10 from Amazon but I'm a bit confused as to the title of book 11. When I tried to find it at Amazon, it came up with book 3 but in brackets it said 'book 11'. I didn't want to order it in case its the wrong book but I've read book 3 and it had a different title. Does anyone know if this is book 11?? I really want to order books 11 and 12 aswell.

I hope this helps:

Restoration completes the three-volume Excalibur adventure (along with Requiem and Renaissance). This third volume ties up the loose ends from the two earlier volumes in which the former crewmembers of Captain Mackenzie Calhoun's USS Excalibur carry on their lives after the destruction of the Excalibur and the apparent death of Calhoun. In fact, Calhoun survives and is marooned on a technologically and socially backward planet. Meanwhile, Captain Elizabeth Shelby, Calhoun's former First Officer and fiancée, takes command of a starship and finds herself acting more like Calhoun than she would like. Calhoun, for his part, begins to behave more like Shelby as he acts very much in accordance with the Federation's Prime Directive. In the end, the old crew of the Excalibur is reunited at the christening of a new USS Excalibur just as Calhoun suddenly arrives. (Star Trek: New Frontier, #11: Excalibur, Bk. 3)

Apparently, Excalibur is the 3rd book of a 3 book story. It is still the 11th New Frontier book.

From the inside cover of Stone and Anvil -

Star Trek: New Frontier novels by Peter David - in chronological order:

Book One: House of Cards

Book Two: Into the Void

Book Three: The Two-Front War

Book Four: End Game

Book Five: Martyr

Book Six: Fire on High

Captain's Table #5: Once Burned

Double Helix #5: Double or Nothing

Book Seven: The Quiet Place

Book Eight: Dark Allies

Book Nine: Excalibur: Requiem

Book Ten: Excalibur: Renasissance

Book Eleven: Excalibur: Restoration (hardcover)

Gateways #6: Cold Wars

Book Twelve: Being Human

Book Thirteen: Gods Above

No Limits - ed. by Peter David

Book Fourteen: Stone and Anvil

Some of the books listed seem to be attached to other series, but apparently they are part of the set.

Just a suggestion, but most of these books may be available at the public library if you want to read them before you buy.

Call me crazy, but I don't like Peter David's style of writing.

I know he's a huge comic book/sci-fi star. But he just doesn't do it for me.

I read the first few New Frontier novels. Thought they were okay for the most part. But I didn't continue with the series after book 3 or 4.

:welcome: