Sign in to follow this  
zipkirk1966

Kira's Hair

OK

Here is something I seen on DS9(yes I have WAY too much time on my hands right now lol since I'm out of work since the hurricane hit here but don't worry I'm doin ok here) Kira had long hair when she started on the first episode and at the last episode she has long hair but inbetween she has short hair. ya something stupid I know lol just me being bored :-D

Brian

She always looked like a lesbian with that hair.

Plus she had a huge *buttocks*, infact most trek women did, with the exceptions of Dax(s) and 7.

She looked good with either short hair or long hair. I doubt that she ever looked bad.. :welcome: And I did like the short-haired look. Seemed more fitting with being in military service..

I hated Kira and her hair...if you want an example of short hair done right Nerys, take a memo from my girl Leeta.

And if EVERYONE wanted to find out have the most fabulous Star Trek hair ever, they need to all take memos from Deanna Troi. :P

I hated Kira and her hair...if you want an example of short hair done right Nerys, take a memo from my girl Leeta.

And if EVERYONE wanted to find out have the most fabulous Star Trek hair ever, they need to all take memos from Deanna Troi. :P

I always kind of liked Janice Rand's hair.It was exotic yet very feminine... :P

I always kind of liked Janice Rand's hair.It was exotic yet very feminine... :P

Oh honey...for me, it's all about the utter fabulousness of second generation fox Deanna Troi. She earned her fabulousness honest from her gorgeous mom!!! <3

The only time Kira's hair looked decent was when she was seen via a flashback to the days of the occupation. Some ladies can wear short hair, she was not one of them. Longer hair was far more flattering on her.

.........and I agree with SeeingEyeBorg that it should've been Ro. :laugh:

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

I have never really been a fan of Short Hair on women, so I liked it better in the few episodes when she had longer hair.

I never liked nor disliked her hair, the only time I can really remember even thinking about it was near the end in the final season when it was somewhat longer.

She's a pretty woman though, the lenght of her hair wouldn't really matter to me.

I think that initially they wanted to create this strong female persona that was on a par with "any man". Shouler pads, short hair, big boots, polo neck. Yes - butch indeed.

However, then they probably thought, hey this Nana Visitor dame is a foxy piece of kit, we need to get a bit of Seven of Nine a la Troi action moving here to brighten this bicycle wheel up.

So - one brown cat suit with a plunging neck line, stilettoes, long hair, lippy and few love interests later and bam, the girl is bad as ...

so to speak.

Hmmm, I've always said that Kira looked good no matter the hair style..But, as I continue to re-watch DS9 as I do, I must say that longer hair looked better on her..

nothing wrong with that. i mean hell, i prefer the same thing. she looked better with her hair longer and not like someone thats gonna have mood swings ever other episode

I prefered her with Short hair she looked like one of those women that would be cold until they got to know you but when you have them alone and you can open them up well you could be in for a hell of a night :screwloose:

Well, what can I say. I'm just a fan of the vaguely androgynous look. Or completely androgynous, but that's not really Kira.

There is no poll here, however I'd say the long hair is ahead by a lot.

I too am a fan of long hair Kira as well.

I'm sure they went with the short hair to get across that 'hard a _ _" image. But Kira was that with or without the short hair.

2549254444_d3b909a72c_m.jpg

I liked her with the short hair best but she's a lovely woman with any length hair.

Not to offend any of you, but I'm honestly a bit taken aback at how judgemental some of you are being...hasn't ST instilled any sense of acceptance into you?

Personally, I find her very attractive, with all length of hair. Her look, to me, was neither butch nor feminine...it was just attractive. :whistling:

Edited by Eratosthenes