Sign in to follow this  
removed

DS9...ROCKS!

The best Star Trek episode ever made on any series is a DS9 episode. Season 6's In The Pale Moonlight. That Episode was just awesome.

I acutally thought Pale Moonlight might be the most overrated episode of the series. You are right about DS9 having the best episode though...The Visiitor.

And its coming on DVD next week. :laugh:

Ok, I haven't seen In The Pale Moonlight yet, but I love The Visitor (can't convince my sister to watch it, though. :laugh: ) I haven't seen many eps but once, but a couple of my favorites are Starship Down and The Ship. Sorry, MQ, but my requirements for a good show are the characters, not the scifi (that's secondary), and those two eps ROCK as far as characters go. I also enjoy The Siege of AR-whatever-the-number-is.

Season 4 next week, and I just got 3! Anyone have any extra gold-pressed-latinum? I want it soon!!! :lol:

Well, I have not seen all DS9 episodes yet because when I started to like Star Trek DS9 was not on TV, but now it is. But I also start to like the show the more I see of it. But I am a TNG trekkie and will always be one (At least I think so...). But DS9 is also a great show :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Ok, I haven't seen In The Pale Moonlight yet, but I love The Visitor (can't convince my sister to watch it, though. :laugh: )  I haven't seen many eps but once, but a couple of my favorites are Starship Down and The Ship.  Sorry, MQ, but my requirements for a good show are the characters, not the scifi (that's secondary), and those two eps ROCK as far as characters go.  I also enjoy The Siege of AR-whatever-the-number-is.

Season 4 next week, and I just got 3!  Anyone have any extra gold-pressed-latinum?  I want it soon!!! :lol:

The Seige of AR-558 is the Nog episode you are talking about, another great episode. Billy Mummy, "Will Robinson" from Lost In Space is in that episode.

The Visitor was a great episode too but for me and a lot of other peoplr that have seen it and a lot of Star Trek Pale Moonlight is just the tops of them all.

Another Good DS9 Episode you might like..well...episodes

"In Purgatory's Shadow"

&

"By Inferno's Light"

Not Giving away Plot Details, but just Trust Me :rolleyes:

I thoroughly agree, Sam - they're also among the best of the best.

Another Good DS9 Episode you might like..well...episodes

"In Purgatory's Shadow"

&

"By Inferno's Light"

Not Giving away Plot Details, but just Trust Me :rolleyes:

I thoroughly agree, Sam - they're also among the best of the best.

Awesome episodes, has just about everything in it you could want from a 2 part arc!

Entrance into the Federation would not have to be one or two episodes. That’s just thinking this entrance would be clean and swift. It does not have to be. This whole process could be much longer then what you say. You have to think more imaginatively here. When I look at this I don’t see as you do one or two episodes. What I see is lots of episodes were this entrance into the Federation is a backdrop story which is slowly growing and addressing all the issues, results, and side effects of entrance and trying to get ready for that entrance. That could have been a big storyline. It makes no sense what you are saying because one of the things DS9 does is these backdrop storylines and this would be no different.

You said; “Sure they could have hit upon some other storylines and didn't but every series could have done stories that they didn't.” But that was not my point and I did not say that. If you read what I said I stated that the storylines were mismanaged in my view. The storylines that they had (when looking mainly at the end seasons) should have not been paramount to others. I just don’t see a good management.

For character development I would argue that VOY had more. (Shocking, huh?)

I’m going to quote someone that’s on SB12 because he is a much better writer then I and after that I’ll make a few comments.

Is this what DS9's creators called "realism"? Well here's a side note--Star Trek's universe is not real, and treating it like it's real and acting as if all these alien races' squabbles with one another actually mean a damn thing in the real world is a surefire sign of insanity. There is nothing to be learned from Deep Space 9, nothing to be learned from Cardassia and Bajor, or the way that DS9 constantly mocked and ridiculed religion; nothing to be learned from the Dominion War, except maybe that if your government tells you to go die for them because they said so you ought to go do it because it's your "duty;" and nothing to be learned from the Maquis uprising, except not to bother ever standing up for anything that matters because if you do the powers that be will just smash you back down, grind you into bits, turn their backs as you're slaughtered, and then be proud of themselves later. Considering that it's a part of a franchise that supposedly prides itself on being about individuality and personal freedom, DS9 is shockingly conformist and deceptively politically correct most of the time, hardly ever challenging the status quo of the real world, and never daring to make any statement that was out of line with the leftist Democratic party line that the rest of the liberal Hollywood propaganda machine so rigidly adheres to. DS9's messages on racism and intolerance are tired, hackneyed, rehashed, and out of date, and its attempts at tackling serious issues are less original and creatively drawn up than Enterprise's second season. Voyager may not have made any boldly conservative political statements either, like a pro-life episode or a show that trashed affirmative action, but at least it attempted to send subtler messages on morality most of the rest of the time, masked under a PC sugar-coating that most Star Trek fans apparently are too dumb to see through. DS9 can't even say that much about itself.

People just don't understand why I don't watch Deep Space Nine. People can't believe that I would prefer to sit in front of the TV and watch Voyager every night, being so OBVIOUSLY an inferior show that it is. Well...I'm used to it, you know? I'm used to being in the minority on everything. It's always been that way so I don't have a problem with it now. The reasons why this show is considered to be so grand by so many people will always elude me--and frankly, I hope it always does. The lesson that can be learned from Voyager is a simple one: some things are more important than protocol. Like family. And compassion. Voyager was a show that was about people coming together and surviving against impossible odds. A Starfleet crew, a Maquis crew, Vulcans, Bolians, Klingons, Betazoids, Bajorans, Humans...a Talaxian, an Ocampa, a Ktarian, former Borg drones, even a hologram....throw in a Ferengi and practically every Alpha Quadrant race was represented in some fashion on Voyager. But did they fight constantly, tear the ship apart, commit atrocities against one another out of hatred for one anothers' differences and ultimately destroy each other? No. They came together. They came together, they worked together, and soon, their differences faded away completely and they became one--while simultaneously retaining (and in some cases, attaining) their individuality. Despite everything that could have made them enemies, despite all the times when there could have been a mutiny that sent the senior staff out an airlock, they made it home in one piece. As one, in peace, really. And they made enemies of course, because not everyone finds it easy to welcome a stranger--but what's remarkable is how many friends they made. How many potential allies they created. Because in the end, that's what Voyager was all about--cooperation. Cooperation and determination to accomplish the greater good. Faith and loyalty--not to an organization, or a government, or any abstract philosophy that can be changed and misinterpreted at will...but to a woman with a remarkable strength of character, even if she lacked a strength of spirit. In a way, the Voyager crew's faith that Janeway would one day bring them home was the equivalent of the promise of the Christian religion, that Jesus would deliver us from evil and that by believing in him, we would one day reach the Promised Land of Heaven. Janeway would deliver her crew from the pain and suffering of the Delta Quadrant, and take them to the Promised Land--their home, Earth--as long as they had faith in her. In some ways, Janeway was a 24th Century Moses, or Abraham. But she was no saint, and she never took it upon herself like Sisko did to appoint herself a religious icon, or some kind of queen or mistress. She was a humble, sincere woman, flawed and imperfect and yet admirable in so many ways, dedicated to getting her crew home and willing to make any personal sacrifice necessary to do so--except her conscience. She did the best she could, and in doing so, she made some mistakes, but it was only because at that time she was doing what she felt was the right thing to do. And really, that's all we can ask of any human being. That they obey their conscience and not violate sacred principles when they become inconvenient, or unwelcome.

And that, at its core, I think, is what Voyager was all about. The characters, the experiences of those characters, and the choices that they made all are what make Voyager the most human of all Trek series, and, I honestly think, the best. The journey that the Voyager crew experienced mirrored all the trials and tribulations of life--pain, loss, sacrifice, joy, loneliness, humor, success, failure, mistakes, challenges, the temptation of evil and the overcoming of that evil, learning to put aside prejudices, learning to embrace change, love, parenthood, family, hatred, disputes, unrequited love, fear--it's a shame Voyager had to be cut short by the unnecessarily rushed and forced ending that was "Endgame," but for seven years Voyager did a good job of trying to educate the viewer on the reality of existence. Voyager did a better job than any other series--perhaps even better than the original series, because it had (contrary to popular belief) more character-driven stories and less concept-driven sci fi where anomalies are more important than characters--at keeping true to the core of the Star Trek philosophy and at the same time mixing action and drama to make it entertaining. Deep Space 9 meanwhile had the action, and the drama, and all the conflicts and intrigue and political machinations that any normal TV viewer could want--but in the end, did it really teach anything? Is there any moral lesson to be learned from watching Benjamin Sisko intentionally become a villian, torpedo a Maquis colony into oblivion, then laugh about it later with Dax who comments, "Sometimes I like it when the bad guy wins."? If there is, then I must be too dumb to see it. Because all I felt after watching those atrocious actions was rage, disgust, and utter contempt for the man who gave the order.

I agree with him, but at the end VOY went bad and the show did took some wrong terms. When I look at the show overall I would have to agree, but even this statement I still like TNG more because I think that they have better stories. Yes, characters go before sci fi, but I like TNG because they had them hand and hand sometimes. (But that’s another issue I won’t get into).

People these days like big battles and fireworks and shows that don’t make you think that much. There is really nothing I can do about that. DS9 did make us think and more then this person says, but it did not tackle issue like the other series. Oh, yes, someone says that it tackled issues like war and things to that nature, however, I don’t think they did. Sisko did not challenge issues; he obeyed them and this has been shown time and time after again when one watches the series and looks at it deep down. The Maquis is a big example of this.

It is all in the eye of the beholder

This really all comes down to someone’s opinion and what they like. I’m not here to debate how good this series is or is note and I’m not here to debate which series is better then which. I think it is pointless to debate about something like this. All I’m here is to state my opinions on DS9, but with that I guess that will make me go on the defensive.

One thing I stated is that I like good science fiction stories, but that’s not to say I don’t find characters just as important. My view on DS9 is that while it might have dug into the characters a bit more then the other series the actual chemistry which reflex in the presentation of the content is to me about the same as all the other series (Take or give a bit when comparing).

For story lines I don’t know why people are misquoting me or misinterpreting me because I thought I made clear is that my more negative view on this issue is not about several unfinished storylines or anything like that. What my argument was that it was not managed good enough. The priorities of the show were not set straight. It was a mismanagement of story line priorities.

TNG fans converting over to DS9 fans?

That’s more of an individual conclusion and to my mind biased conclusion, then fact. Numbers on a show like TNG I don’t care about that much. As far as I’m concerted TNG could have had the worst ratings and it would have made no difference. I seriously doubt that “TNG fans” covert over to “niners” after they have watched DS9, but this is not to say that this does not happen. From my view point and from my personal experiences in actively dealing in the school, science, and technology communities I have (the majority of the time) not seen this statement hold true. It is always interesting to talk to people that are in these fields of work (like I) or people that actively participate in them to see what they think of Star Trek. And like I said I always find it interesting to talk to these people who are not huge fans of the show, but like it. I think they have the most interesting looks into the show, then most of the fans. (For one I think that they have more of an objective view of the Star Trek universe.) From what I have seen the majority of people that watched or still watch Star Trek seem to portray that TNG and the TOS movies and the TOS series were always the most engaging. Many people have told me that they lost a lot of interest in Star Trek as time went by. In the marco sense or in this view I think this is demonstrated in the franchise. The franchise is hurting and we see that with secondary companies not putting money or investments into Star Trek. We of course all see the ratings on ENT and STX. Most of the people that I have talked to that have watched Star Trek (or still are) have said that they watched DS9, VOY, and parts (if not all) of ENT. These are the people that have seen several episodes of something like DS9, but have a slightly tipped view on DS9 more negativity. But of course there is always the exact opposite in people that I have talked to - However, this is not the majority. Not that long ago I was talking to a Chemistry professor (this is a different person then the one I mentioned in the workshop topic) and we talked about Star Trek. She has watched lots of episodes of Star Trek and this includes all of the series and no doubt all of the movies. The last time I talked to her we talked about the new movie (STX), but we did talk about how we believe that the franchise is hurting. This brought us about to talk about VOY and DS9. One of the things that I have stated many times is that Star Trek was screeched so thing by Berman. He took the success of TNG and then brought about DS9. If any one big thing hurt Star Trek is what putting up multiple series on TV at the same time. (But this whole thing will keep me going on forever, so I’ll leave that here and this has little reference to what I’m talking about now - or I should say some, but this is a different issue). Anyways, we generally agreed that DS9 was stale in many aspects. I know many like all of these storylines and so forth, but DS9 always showed someone like Sisko to go amuck on his character. One episode he says this and then another he does the exact opposite. There is relativity no correlation between the developments of this man. The story line of course is meant for dilating the development and transforming it, but even if I or the chem. professor matches the lines up (as in transforming the correlation to storyline) we still don’t see it correlate that good. That’s the main analogy we used in this character’s development for the visual reference. And it is somewhat ironic when I think (or the professor) takes in the comments by much of the die hard DS9 fans. DS9 has these inconsistencies in the story lines which don’t always correlate to Sisko’s “development.”

But like I said there are plenty of things I like about DS9.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

But she was no saint, and she never took it upon herself like Sisko did to appoint herself a religious icon

He's wrong about that, Sisko didn't do that, the Bajorans did :blink:

And Each Show Is supposed to be Different. I wouldn't want them all to be the Same Old Same Old...

Bringing A War Into A Star Trek Series was a Good Move IMO.

I love all the Series and DS9 is my favorite yes, and I don't mind if someone else doesn't like it, that's their Opinion, just like I have mine, but I don't need to be told reasons why I'm wrong for liking it. <---Not Directed at you Master Q

But she was no saint, and she never took it upon herself like Sisko did to appoint herself a religious icon

He's wrong about that, Sisko didn't do that, the Bajorans did :blink:

And Each Show Is supposed to be Different. I wouldn't want them all to be the Same Old Same Old...

Bringing A War Into A Star Trek Series was a Good Move IMO.

I love all the Series and DS9 is my favorite yes, and I don't mind if someone else doesn't like it, that's their Opinion, just like I have mine, but I don't need to be told reasons why I'm wrong for liking.

Well, I’m not saying why you are wrong for liking it and I do agree that the war was a good addition, but I think it should have been managed better. For “Sisko as a religious icon” the main point was by the writer and myself was that he accepted that role.

Master Q

That's a lot to read in one setting so I'll have to come back and take this a section at a time.

I believe that entrance into the Federation would have been a small arc of a couple episodes not from the standpoint of possible storylines, but from a real world business standpoint. It would have been harder to make it interesting to John and Jane Q. Public that aren't Trek fans already. That's a storyline that is more "administrative" then "Sci-Fi Action". It would have been interesting to me and you but how many others? TPTB know that we, the die hard Trek fans will tune in. That's almost a given. They have to try to attract the person that has only watched Westerns his or her whole life, or Cop stories. Kind of like a Christian Preacher, if he preaches only to Christians then what good is he doing? He needs to preach to the unbelievers. The "Trek Un-believers" will be attracted by the Dominion war faster then they will be by Bajors entrance into the Federation.

The comparison of DS9 and Voyager is (IMO) like comparing Cotton Candy (Voyager) with a Steak and Potatos dinner (DS9). There is just more to sink your teeth into on DS9.

There is social comment in all Star Trek series from TOS to ENT without exception. From the half black, half white man of TOS to the non-gender race of TNG and the Cogenitor of ENT. DS9( made a couple references to Race in Bada-Bing, Bada-Bang but I can't really think of many more then that.

If the writer of the Quote can't find meaningful comparisons in DS9's conflicts between Bajor and Cardassia he/she isn't looking very closely. As for this:

or the way that DS9 constantly mocked and ridiculed religion;

All Treks have dismissed religion at one time or another as "Myth", DS9 is the only series to seriously look at religious faith and give it a fair view. At first the Bajorans may be looked "down" upon for worshiping the Prophets but in the end Sisko is converted. How does this ridicule or Mock religion?

nothing to be learned from the Dominion War, except maybe that if your government tells you to go die for them because they said so you ought to go do it because it's your "duty;"

This is an entertainment Sci-Fi TV show, not a documentary. It wasn't created to teach anyone anything, it was created to entertain (and make money).

I'll go back and read section 2 shortly.

Well, after you get a Visit From One Of The WormHole Aliens/Prophets, telling you that it inhabbited a Women's Body to go meet your Father so you can be born...I think that's why he eventually, Truely accepted the Role

Well, after you get a Visit From One Of The WormHole Aliens/Prophets, telling you that it inhabbited a Women's Body to go meet your Father so you can be born...I think that's why he eventually, Truely accepted the Role

LOL true, that might convince me too come to think of it :blink:

nothing to be learned from the Dominion War, except maybe that if your government tells you to go die for them because they said so you ought to go do it because it's your "duty;"

This is an entertainment Sci-Fi TV show, not a documentary. It wasn't created to teach anyone anything, it was created to entertain (and make money).

No, that’s the wrong way to look at it. The big reason that I (and that this writer implies) like Star Trek is because I like a show that makes me think. I think that reason applies to many other people. The war was more passive then active when it came to this. I think that one reflection of this is Sisko. Sisko seemed passive in these terms. If he had been “active,” then I think the show might have been more entertaining.

I just don’t like non-active shows.

This is really just a matter of tastes. You might not like the fact that I see some negatives in DS9 or someone else does, but the reality is that everyone has different tastes. Some people think that one area “x” of a show is more important then another “y”, but then another person might think “y” is more important than “x.” I don’t really think one can really debate that in these kinds of issues and because of the limitations someone has in deciphering someone else’s tastes and intent...

Some people like big battles as a primary form of entertainment and some people like a show focusing on the adventure rather then other elements. Again, it is a matter of taste.

It is really up to you if you want to debate this topic with me because I don’t see a primary reason - Because you can’t debate these kinds of issues (it is a matter of taste) and limitations occur when someone is trying to decipher someone else’s tastes. I can’t really view or see what your whole view point is on this and you can’t see mine. Certain times I do think that I have been persevered by you wrongly and I think you can & I can account for that (Or at least I think you can to a degree)

Master Q

Ds9 truely was a great show. Like TOS and TNG, it was unique and special in its own way. The problem with VOY and ENT is that they are too much like the 1st too series (like a combination) and this aren't as unique. I think they need to scrap the starship thing again and go for something different. Perhaps a planet base... maybe even earth. I just would like to see a fresh setting. Enterprise accomplished this so some extent as it's in the past.

Deep Space Nine is what Star Trek was meant to be.Top notch series.The best trek ever.I loved all the regular characters,even the villains.I remember when the show first came on I wasn't overly impressed.In fact,I thought the show was a cheap Babylon 5 rip-off and not as good as Babylon 5.Boy,was I wrong.When I finally started watching DS9 regularly(in season 2 or 3),I was impressed by the quality of the writing,the depth of the major characters,and the great acting.I hated it when DS9 went off the air.I wanted to strangle the people behind ending it all!But,I figured DS9 would get a feature film and I would be able to enjoy watching my 'friends' at the station every few years from then on.Again,boy was I wrong!What's the deal?DS9 DESERVES a movie!!!

wow... i totally concur.... recently i had a lot of time on my hands because of summer break..but literall in a month i watched all seven seasons which i downloaded off of kazaa... i must admit...i watched it periodically, but to have a true appreciation of ds9, u have to watch it from season1 epsiode1 to season 7 episode 26....i suppose the easiest way to put it is that ds9 is like a space soap opera..and u cant miss one episode because each episode builds on all the charecters in plot line... i probably had a initial dislike because i did watch random episodes from time to time...u can get away with that with TNG and voyager but definitely not with ds9....next to TNG, im gonna have to replace voyager with my favorite ST series...although intrepid class still rocks defiant class

I loved DS9 since it first aired on TNN. Then that channel couldn't be trusted with putting them in order so I was forced to buy the seasons. I am currently waiting for my season 5 to come in any day next week. Thought, sadly, I know quite a bit of spoiler information (thanks to this site!!! :P). I'll still keep watching it though, at least season 6. Don't know if I'd be interested in 7 :wink2: :P

^^You'll like Season 7 in spite of Ezri. There toward the end, that big push is a wild ride. All those secondary characters -- Damar, Weyoun, Gul Dukat, Martok, Gowron, Sloan, heck even ol' Vic Fontaine ... OMG you're gonna love it!

In response to other commentary:

We just watched an interview with Ira Behr on the special features of the Season 3 DVDs ... he mentioned that unspoken but very much understood "taboo" of going into a serialization mode on a Star Trek series. Quite frankly, I think that it made DS9 way more interesting than any of the other Treks in that we weren't just doing an "alien of the week" series anymore.

We became much more acquainted with all sorts of races, most particularly Klingon, and of course the Romulans toward the end. Then you had a real multi-facted development of Cardassians. Not to mention an in-depth look at the Bajorans.

And I completely disagree with the whole needing to resolve Bajor's Federation application status. Who says that everyone has to join the Federation? Perhaps it's good that some species opt not to join. Bajor seems to be the only planet left in the galaxy that still holds to some sort of religion ... do you really think that such a species has any place in the more or less agnostic and uber-politically correct Federation?

In spite of lip-service paid to the Klingon belief system, do you really think that any of the other Federation members honestly believe in or respect the belief in Stovolkor?

Do you think that other members of the Federation believe or really respect the belief in Bajor's Prophets?

Why would either of these races want to join an organization which in reality would seek to eliminate or push aside the faith of the race? How would that be in the best interests of the Bajoran faithful (who are most certainly in the majority)? The Klingons?

In regard to Voyager, it was a decent show ... I watched it faithfully. Eventually, I did find Janeway's rigid adherence to the prime directive kind of tiresome. I thought the addition of Seven and the elimination of Kes misguided (although getting rid of Kes made Neelix a heck of a lot less annoying!). And I hated how they dropped the ball on Janeway and Chakotay's potential as a couple, much the same as they dropped the ball on Picard and Crusher.

At least on DS9, relationships between characters were thoroughly explored, allowed to flourish and resolve. Main characters got married on DS9 (Worf/Dax; Sisko/Yates; Rom/Leeta). Main characters became lovers, friends, and enemies. And we got to watch it all unfold over a seven-season story arc which was awesome to watch.

God bless Ira Behr, Robert Hewitt Wolfe, Michael Piller, Ronald Moore and every other single individual who put pen to paper in writing those DS9 episodes. Thank you for sticking to your guns and slipping that "serialized" story right under the noses of TPTB.

^^You'll like Season 7 in spite of Ezri. There toward the end, that big push is a wild ride. All those secondary characters -- Damar, Weyoun, Gul Dukat, Martok, Gowron, Sloan, heck even ol' Vic Fontaine ... OMG you're gonna love it!

I doubt I will even try to get used to her... :lol:

Though I only know half the characters on your list, I guess I'll take your word for it. I also want to know what happens to (almost) everyone. I've already learned what happens to some of the crew.

^^You'll like Season 7 in spite of Ezri.  There toward the end, that big push is a wild ride.  All those secondary characters -- Damar, Weyoun, Gul Dukat, Martok, Gowron, Sloan, heck even ol' Vic Fontaine ... OMG you're gonna love it!

339688[/snapback]

That was the great thing about DS9, wasn't it? We had a great cast of regulars and then there were the secondary characters that were just as great. Then you get the weekly guests to round everything out. DS9 was just awesome with it's character development.

I used to watch star trek when i 7 10 years ago. I would watch TOS,TNG and the DS9. I would love to watch all of them but DS9. I just never understood. How can people live in space station? Where does the food come from? Why are there so many of them? I never understood what a ship was. After that i didn't see star trek until 3 years ago. i started to watch Voyager and i fell in love with it. Then TNG. Sky One would never show DS9 on decent time. I remember how i kept getting caught watching ds9 at 6 am. Then suddenly they decided to show it at 4 pm several months ago. I am watching it and i realise that Voyager was crap. When i compare DS9 and Voyager i noticed Voyager was full of technobabble that made no sense. They could fix there ships like that out in the middle of no where. :dude:

With DS9 it is a great tv show with quality added and then sliced into 176 episodes for us to enjoy. I loved every season of it even the ones alot hate 1-3. Quark made me laugh, Sisko was cool and my favorite, the Cardassians were the second best race to be invented after the Klingons. Garak the master of liers was a brilliant character. I loved how he would spin tales of deceit for young bashir to fall into. What is Ironic about DS9 is they developed there charactes more then Voyager did for it's regulars. Harry never got a promotion after 7 years of good work while Tom did. Chakotay started to disappear and the Maquis members forgot that they were Maquis and became Federation officers. In my opinion BattleStar Galactica is the way Voyager should have been.

By the way to everyone are complaing about the Bajorans. Paramount wanted them to keep some stories open for a possible movie.

The studio wants us to leave some door open, and we tried to leave it open a crack.

http://trekweb.com/stories.php?aid=J8hN9bImJRfH.

Sometime Soon I Hope, I'm Gonna Go Visit A Friend Up North. She Loves TNG, So I'll Be Bringing My TNG DVDs With Me. I Would Also Like To Get Her Into DS9, As She Has Never Really Seen It.

She's A Star Wars Fan First And Formost, So To Give Her An Idea Of How Different TNG & DS9 Are In Terms Of Character Development, Storyline Focus & Drama, I Used This Analogy.

TNG=ANH Where As DS9=TESB

Make Sesne To Anyone Else?

It makes perfect sense to me too.

I was only watching the Empire Strikes Back yesterday and listening to the commentary by Kershner.

The things he said DID remind me of DS9.

In structure, more complex and challenging.

In tone, darker and more serious.

And in character, deeper, more layered and emotional.

I like the comparison. My favourite Star Trek series and my favourite Star Wars movie.

:hug::rolleyes: