Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

A Question

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
abest8lg.jpg

I have always wondered what this was on his face on Best of Both Worlds, is it repairing his skin from the borg implants? What does it do?

It's sorta the same thing that Seven of Nine has.

it's basically a borg implant.

it NEEDS to be there until all of the Nano probes are flushed out of his system.

I can't really explain it very well, but; Seven will ALWAYS need her implants, because she still has heeps of borg stuff in her.

While captain Picard is recovering, he needs the implant to keep him alive while the nano probes are in him.

That's really the best explanation I can give you

Its to repair the damaged tissue from the removed eye piece, Seven has spent so many years with implants, she needs them, whereas Picard had all the major implants removed in top facilities, not just the 4 bed sick bay of Voyager :look:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
abest8lg.jpg

I have always wondered what this was on his face on Best of Both Worlds, is it repairing his skin from the borg implants? What does it do?

They're like bandages. you can't exactly use a dermal regenerator on a gaping hole a removed cybernetic implant would leave.

I'd always assumed it was a kind of dermal regeneration pad/bandage and in the script it just says that they're bandages.

Either its some sort of dermal regeneration device or Picard is trying to pull of a not so convincing impersonation of the Phantom of the Opera!

They're like bandages. you can't exactly use a dermal regenerator on a gaping hole a removed cybernetic implant would leave.

*shudder*