Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

What is your favourite Gerry Anderson television production?

What is your favourite Gerry Anderson television production?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Gerry Anderson television production?

• Supercar
    • Fireball XL5
    • Stingray
    • Thunderbirds
    • Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
    • Joe 90
    • The Secret Service
    • UFO
    • The Protectors
    • Space:1999
    • Terrahawks
    • Space Precinct

I've just been watching UFO recently and I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the Gerry Anderson productions.

Personally I think they were great for the time and could rival some of the US productions easily. For me UFO is my favourite live action Anderson production, with Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet at the top of the puppet shows. For me I would say the top 5 are:

1) Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons

2) UFO

3) Thunderbirds

4) Space:1999

5) Joe 90

Space: 1999 was good but personally I was more of a UFO man, although of the two I think Space 1999 was the more popular with a bigger audience. There was also a film, not very well known mind you, that had a similar feel to both shows. It had several titles and can't be found on Amazon, but I think it was called Doppleganger.

It will be interesting to see how many of these productions have crossed the water to America and which one's did not.

UFO is my second choice then Thunderbirds. I heard of and always wanted to see Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons but could never catch them playing anywhere. Never heard of the rest.

5 4 3 2 1...THUNDERBIRDS ARE GOOO!!!!!...lol thats my fav gerry anderson tv show,i still watch it everyday on BBC2 my little girl loves it :blink: ...i also liked space 1999 and still have an org ship my uncle gave me when i was about 6 years old...you press on a button and the cargo hold drops off <_<

I love the new Thunderbird movie Directed by Frakes project(Comdr. Riker)!!

I voted for U.F.O., I liked it better than Space:1999. I like the premise better and enjoyed the humor that they injected into a lot of the episodes, it was very subtle but was there. I especially liked the episode called Mindbender where part of Straker's hallucination is that he is an actor playing Commander Straker in a TV series and you get to see a lot of the behind the scenes things like the sets as they would appear to the production crew and the actual show production crew. U.F.O. had some episodes that were not full of action but full of things to provoke thought.

I am familiar with UFO and the girls with the purple hair. I watched a few and couldn't get into it.

Space 1999 was serious hard core sci-fi Martin Landau was an excellent actor as well.

I've seen Supercar (I have the stupid theme stuck in my head now), Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds, Space: 1999, UFO, and Stingray and The Protectors both seem familiar.

It was a tough choice between Space: 1999 and UFO, but I voted UFO. I got into UFO a little more, and I really didn't like Barbara Bain in Space: 1999. BTW, I loved the line in UFO about "hereditary sterility".

*edit*

I just found out a few minutes ago (after Googling Gerry Anderson) that Ed Bishop from UFO died in England on June 8,2005. :congrats:

Ed Bishop

Edited by BakulaBabe