Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

A few pics of me

With all of the talk about the Moon and all that I decided to dig these out. I have some more someplace but I have to find them.

That's the launch pad that Apollo 11 and 13 took off from behind me. They use it for the Shuttle now. (Photo 1997)

NASA1_.JPG

This is in front of the Apollo-Souyz capsule, the final Apollo flight.(Photo 1997)

NASA3a.JPG

This is right before Thanksgiving of last year (2002)

kevin2.JPG

I almost forgot, my brother went to Vegas last week and went to the Hilton. He e-mailed me this:

Bruce.jpg

That is sooooo cool! I can hardly wait to get a picture like that at the convention!!!

I see your brother got all the hair in the family eh VBG!

inc.gif

Woo hoo! New pics. You stud muffin you. mwink.gif And don't worry, I won't do anything evil with them. eplus2.gif

:( Somehow I funny feeling I know where this is going to go.??????? :(  :(

You think we might misuse the pictures Chataeya? RC and I are little angels. We would never do that! Good%20and%20Evil.gif

baldness is not something to be laughed at, im 16 and already have a nice big receeding hairline!

and takarra, i know your an angel! RC not too sure about you......

hehhee...oh...nice pictures VBG, i want to go to Cape Canaveral

baldness is not something to be laughed at, im 16 and already have a nice big receeding hairline!

Ouch! That's gotta suck! :clap:

I thought I'd add a few more Army Pictures that I just recently found and scanned.

This is a picture of the barracks building I lived in at Fort Hood (Texas):

hood.jpg

THis is me at Fort Gordon (Georgia) in the post's Burger King hamming for the camera:

kevin_gordon.jpg

This is also Fort Gordon with several of my friends, we're trying to get Angela to show her face for the camera:

gordon2.jpg

Ever wonder what military boxer shorts look like:

fortgordon.jpg

me.jpg

This is me and 2 friends at Fort Hood in 1990:

kevin_hood2.jpg

Ever wonder what soldiers do on the weekends? (My room mate Rob)

rob.jpg

VBG you look a little like Hitler with the mustash. :dude:

Military regulations don't allow a mustache to go beyond the corners of the mouth. On a couple of occasions I, by accident, shaved a little too far in and made the mustache a slight bit too small but it wasn't a "Hitler" mustache. In person you could see it better.

I think it pretty funny though. I thought for a second could this be the man who shot Kennedy? I was just joking anyway.

You are allowed to drink on base?

Oh yeah, in fact in the picture you see there we had several cases of beer in the refrigerator. Remember, even though it's on post it's still our home so we have the freedoms that anyone else would have in their homes off post. Not only that but we had an enlisted club (bar) about 1/4 mile away then another one a mile away and another 2 or 3 miles away. All on post (Only Navy and Air Force have Bases lol). In fact if I recall properly, the night that picture was taken I think we were throwing the beer bottles out of the third story window into a drainage grate below the window just to watch them break lol

I found my Basic Training Video yesterday (coincidentally the same day as the 20th anniversary of leaving for Basic Training).

I posted it on YouTube for anyone interested in what Army Basic Training was like in 1988. I'm in it in a few spots, but I doubt anyone will be able to pick me out (if anyone even watches it lol).

I'm in it in a few spots, but I doubt anyone will be able to pick me out (if anyone even watches it lol).

Aren't you the one in the green?

No, no one is wearing "green".

Actually, except for the beginning (in civilian clothes) and the end (parade in Class Bs) I couldn't see anyone. It's the camoflague.

After re-watching it I wish I could do it all over again, especially if I can go do AIT all over again too. AIT was a blast!

Where did you do your Basic?

Basic: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO

AIT: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO

First permanent duty: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Right across the street from my Basic brigade. I ran into my drill sergeants all the (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing time.

VBG you look like a Skinny Version of one of my Best Friends from back home named Bill, He gained weightbecause he is on prednasone, like me, but for Chrones (SP) disease, but wow, I wish I had a pic of Bill to post to compare

Hey the NASA pic where was it taken at, I've been @ the Smithsonian and Cape Kennedy and they both have similar exhibits there

First permanent duty: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Right across the street from my Basic brigade. I ran into my drill sergeants all the (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing time.

71L? 71B? Those are the only 2 that I know from Leonard Wood.

VBG you look like a Skinny Version of one of my Best Friends from back home named Bill, He gained weightbecause he is on prednasone, like me, but for Chrones (SP) disease, but wow, I wish I had a pic of Bill to post to compare

Hey the NASA pic where was it taken at, I've been @ the Smithsonian and Cape Kennedy and they both have similar exhibits there

I gained weight to, but it's due to 20 years having passed since some of those pics have been taken lol.

The pics in this thread were taken at the Kennedy Space Center. I have some from the Smithsonian of those displays (in the Photo Gallery) but they're just of the displays because I was alone when I went that day.

71L? 71B? Those are the only 2 that I know from Leonard Wood.

12B, Combat Engineer. They renumbered the MOSs some time ago so I don't know what it is now.

Combat Engineer is normally OSUT (One Station Unit Training) where Basic and AIT are combined. Not in my case however. I was supposed to be 43E, Parachute Rigger, but I had to be Airborne qualified for that. I broke my wrist in Basic (Pugil stick training) and spent the last half in a cast. I lost my Airborne slot so they had to reclassify me. I chose 12B because I figured that would be the best way to eventually get another slot but that didn't happen.

Plus, explosives are COOL!!!