Picard or Riker

Who is hotter Picard or Riker?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is hotter Picard or Riker?

• Picard
    • Riker
    • Neither

Hello.

Who do you think is hotter Picard or Riker?

Why?

I like Picard cause he is older.

His eyes are awsome, and his British accent rockz.

Sorry RC but I had to vote for Picard! He's my second favourite after Data and to quote Captain Philippa Louvois he's "a damn sexy man"

Riker!! Hottest man ever, period, end of discussion. love-smiley-015.gif Why? Tall, dark hair, blue eyes, beard (I have a thing for facial hair), plays poker, loves jazz, great sense of humor, that smirk (God I love that smirk!)......want me to keep going? :(

Riker!! Hottest man ever, period, end of discussion. love-smiley-015.gif Why? Tall, dark hair, blue eyes, beard (I have a thing for facial hair), plays poker, loves jazz, great sense of humor, that smirk (God I love that smirk!)......want me to keep going?  :(

My thoughts exactly RC. I couldn't have said it better!

There is absolutely no doubt for me!

Jean-Luc is the HOTTEST man ever! He is the hottest man on the Enterprise. Ah, no, wait, not just this "little" starship... He is the hottest man of all 4 quadrants! :wub:

Jean-Luc :( :( :(

And why? Because he is just amazing! I don't need to explain this further... :dude: might get censored.....

Mrs. Captain Picard

Ok, don't kill me RC, but I vote Picard too. Riker just never did anything for me!

I can't get upset with you cause Data never did anything for me either. party-smiley-004.gif

Don't think any of them are hot since I'm a bloke myself :rolleyes:

But the best is Picard, british like me :lol:

Riker?!? :rolleyes: He was, although being rather a good, if shallow character towards the end, a poor 1st officer and he never engaged or interested me. Picard however...

Picard trumps Riker anyday. Picard was a powerfull, compassionate intriguing man. Riker was a chump.

Riker?!? :blink: He was, although being rather a good, if shallow character towards the end, a poor 1st officer and he never engaged or interested me. Picard however...

Picard trumps Riker anyday. Picard was a powerfull, compassionate intriguing man. Riker was a chump.

You don't get put on the Federation Flagship by being a poor first officer and a chump.

He appeared to be. He was rash and he wasn't intelligent. He was a loose cannon. Picard didn't seem to trust him to command the Enterprise often.

When I said poor I meat that he was nothing speacil. He was adequate, nothing more, nothing less.

He didn't get chosen primarily for any skills or qualification that he might have had. Picard says that he was not really considering Riker to be the First Officer, Riker was one of several cadidates, until he saw that Riker had been disciplined for disobeying a direct order from his (Riker's) commanding officer but in doing so had probably saved the ship and the crew. Picard didn't want someone who would merely follow orders, he wanted a First Officer who would think for themselves and who would protect the ship, no matter what.

I forget the episode name, but it is the one where the discover the Pegasus and the secret phasing/cloaking device...

I have to disagree here...

Riker is VERY intelligent and one of the best officers Jean-Luc ever had (like Jean-Luc often said himself).

He always trusted Riker and he would have trusted him with his life if that had been necessary.

Riker saved Jean-Luc's life more than once. He helped him out of the meeting with the "alien" admirals/captains in "Conspiracy", he saved him from the Borg ship, he got him back from the Cardassians.... and so on... So I really don't think Riker was "loose cannon".

He is able to command the Enterprise (as we could see in many episodes, especially in "best of both worlds" and "future impact") and all other ships, he was offerend an own command more than once.

Buuuut.... the question here is... who is hotter and not who has got the better skills (both questions have, at least for me, the same answer -JEAN-LUC- but I do not think Riker is bad or not worth being First Officer)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Depends on who you ask....

My oldest daughter thinks Riker.My youngest likes Picard.

:klingon:

Edited by Sirius

Oh its so hard! I love Riker's 'poker' face and Picard with his tempers at Q...hard to decide so I've not voted.

Picard. Although Riker is good-looking, Picard had maturity, class, and sophistication, which make him nuclear hot! :nono:

(Archer is still my #1 hottie, though. :dude: )

I can't help but wonder, and ladies I'm hoping you can give me some answers, how Picard's complete ineptitude and plain uncomfortability with the fairer gender make him such a stud. Picard had social graces and could be a good host, but a lover he was almost never. We really only see his amorous side with Vash (I think that was her name), and of course with Beverly. Jean-Luc has to be ganged up on just to send him on vacation, for crying out loud. Almost a text-book definition of a workaholic.

Riker, on the other hand, had charm, a sense of humor, some artistic talent, and obvious virility. Granted, at times, he could be quite transparent, and we might in our time call him a player. However, as an romantic pursuit, Riker seems the obvious choice.

Why does Picard lead this poll, then? The only things I can think of that Picard has over Riker is an accent, more power, and more professional maturity. And perhaps a better understanding of history, which stems from his love of archaeology.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

I might not exactly be the most objective woman in here, since I am madly in love with Jean-Luc Picard, but I'll try to answer your question anyway.

Jean-Luc doesn't need to be the kind of guy who's always dating various women, he doesn't need to be the kind of guy who's always flirting around with them (he was such a guy back at the Academy - and I would have hated him for that if I had known him back then :lol: ) , all he needs to be is himself.

He is not uncomfortable when it comes to women, he's just a little uncertain on how to handle the fact that his feelings get in his way, he's always worried that feelings might interfere with his job as a Starfleet captain, that personal issues might make it difficult for him to command the Enterprise. And, of course, he's afraid of being hurt, but to show him that one is not gonna hurt him in any way makes him even more desirable IMO. :P

I agree with you that Riker is perhaps the better choice if someone's looking for some erm... *cough* adventures, but, just because he is such a "player", as you say, he's not the one I would choose. I'm a woman who's much more into guys who are exactly the way Jean-Luc is: mature, faithful, intelligent and so on and so on...

I voted for Jean-Luc because I don't want a guy who's staring at other women when I'm with him, sorry. :P :inlove: I don't want a guy who's a master at flirting and then just walks away if he sees another good-looking woman.

Of course, the question is, who's hotter, and not "who's the one you want to spend your life with", but I'd say, if it's only about being HOT, so be it - Jean-Luc also LOOKS much better than Riker (sorry, Will, I like you, too, but...) :P