Sign in to follow this  
Madam Captain

40 YEARS OF STAR TREK: 1966 - 2006

2006 marks 40 years of Star Trek. Obviously there will be some huge celebrations. Does anybody know if there will be any tv specials, like the one they had for 30 years of Star Trek in 1996?? Just curious,

Madam Captain out!!

I don't get UPN, Spike or the Sci Fi channel so hopefully they show something on free to air tv. For the 30 year anniversary, a documentary type program was shown on free to air tv and it was great!!! I think just about every Trek actor was there, apart from Patrick Stewart.

Madam Captain out!!

They might make something on DVD, hopefully you can play those, or something on the local Sci-Fi channel, I don't know Australian tv.

i think it would be nice to have another tv special i own a copy of the 30th one on tape. if they couldn't air it on tv at least put it on dvd. i'd like a special especially if some of it was taped at the big convention in vegas just to give those of us who don't have the means to get there a little taste of it.

tm

I hope something gets produced for airing since no Cons are planned in this neck of the woods and with our sons graduating college this summer; money's too tight for us to go to one anyway.

The unveiling of a completely new series? One to better Voyager and Enterprise, one to the standards set by Deep Space Nine? One can only hope.

I really hope that Enterprise is not the "last" Trek we get and that it's all over, but that's what it feels like.