Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Who's Your Favorite Between The Two?

Two Great Artists  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Like Between The Two?

• Prince
    • Morris Day and the Time

For those that like this kind of music, who is your favorite between the two? I know a lot may not know who the Time is but they were one of the great Funk Rock bands of the 80's, Prince has played with them many times. I love both, but I think Prince is still my favorite. Yep, I'm a guy that likes Prince. Great songs

Morris Day is a one trick poney. His music all sounds the same.

Whereas a lot of Prince's early music was revolutionary. No one else has really combined rock, R&B, and Funk the way he has over the years.

When I was a young kid I was a big prince mark. Owned all the casettes, had books, posters, etc. But I got really mad when he dumped the Revolution and my interest in his music began to slowly fade from there. Now-a-days, I don't really even pay attention to him anymore. Of course, my musical preferences have changed a lot in the past 20-years.

There is no comparison. The Time had about 1 or 2 hits that didn't sound all that different. Prince has continued to make good music to this day.

Prince's early stuff was great, so is his stuff now, but in the early days wow. My favorite Prince song is "I wanna be your lover" cool song. Makes me wanna dance even though I can't ha! :dude:

:borg2:

Reminds me of an argument I had with my brother david when we went to see "Purple Rain" back in '85 (or was it '84?). He liked Morris Day, I liked prince.

I still like Princes early recordings. I also liked Wendy & Lisa, which was why I got ticked when he dumped the Revolution. But, I lost interest around the time he was having the fight to get out of his contract with (was it Sony?) and started calling himself by that symbol, rather than his name.

Even though I saw him on BET the other day (A new video) and it sounded good.

Oh, this is so HARD for me....but ultimately, I went with Prince. His stuff was just so inventive (still is).

Not to mention if Prince hadn't helped The Time get their big breaks in movies like Purple Rain, they wouldn't be as well known as they are now. :laugh:

Never heard of Morris Day... Dorris Day, but not Morris Day. Never liked The Artist formerly known as the Artist formerly known as Prince.

I like Prince better than Morris Day.

That is not saying I like Prince.

When I was in high school the local radio station had a "most requested" song of the day. For like 5 weeks straight all you heard at 8 PM was Jungle Love. It sucked! But that was like Morris Day's ONLY HIT!