Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Super Volcano in Yellowstone

Right, for those of you that don't know, Yellowstone park is built on a mountain. Actually mountain is the wrong word for it, Yellowstone National Park is on a volcano. Actually, volcano is the wrong word for it, Yellowstone is built on a super volcano. This volcano is due to explode in the near future and will wipe out America and cover the rest of the world in ash.

I am not posting this to scare everyone on the fourm. If you want to know more about your impending doom why not visit: http://armageddononline.tripod.com/volcano.htm

I, on the other hand, would much rather find out the NAME of this volcano. I've been looking into it and they just refer to it as the Nuclear volcano or Super volcano. Surely it must have been named like any other volcano, can any of you help me find out its name?

Wipe out America? That's hard to believe! When is it expected to errupt? I actually thought all the main Volcanoes were doormant. [sp?]

It's not a standard volcano, it's many times bigger, and it's "just" a crater, because then it erupts, it litterly blows up! Super volcanoes have regular erruptions, somethere between 200 000 years and 600 000 years between each erruption.

The super volcano in Yellowstone is overdue it's erruption!

By the way, the supervolcano in Yellowstone is called Yellowstone, because the entire place is the crater!

:dude:

Everything is overdue in happening. Massive earthquake along the San Andreas fault line, Mount Rainer will explode, Yellowstone... Why worry about it? If it does happen, sure the world will end, but there's nothing you can do to stop it. I say just live your life to the fullest.

How... reassuring :bored:

I guess you're right :dude:

Edited by sea trooper

If there nothing that I can stop the event from happening than I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to live my life one day at a time.

If there nothing that I can stop the event from happening than I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to live my life one day at a time.

That's my attitude as well.

I used to get all worked up whenever news of a "near miss" with an asteroid or something was mentioned, or predictions like that came up on t.v. But it's just dumb to worry yourself over things you have absolutely no control over. Which is why I hope, if Earth is ever days or weeks away from an extinction-level collision with something, or overdue for a super volcano, I'd rather the media didn't mention it. I don't want to spend my last hours alive in a panic.