Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Soong Family Thread

Right, that is why I have always believed Brent to be so versatile.

And on the differences seen in Trek, taht brings me to a good question I have always had. If it is so easy for us viewers to tell the twins, now triplets apart, why was it so difficult for the crew of the Enterprise to do this? I mean they work with Data day in day out, and they confused him with Lore....well, except for Super-Brat (I mean Wesley). And Troi, in Descent. Maybe we are more obseervant than they are....I don't know.

It's just like Troi's powers, Data's android-ity, and Wesley's smarts - it only matters if it suits the episode. Other wise...lalalala, what are you talking about?

But then how do real life twins and triplets fool friends and teachers when they impersonate each other.

I have a question: how often have you heard someone say something like "Lore, not an act!" about Brent Spiner? And I bet you these people never met him (I don't say anything about Brent except that he's talented. I don't know him, never met him. My other adjectives are directed towards DATA), so where are they getting this from? And why do they hate him so much?

I have read interviews where Brent has said that Lore is closer to himself (except the evil part). I would assume by this he is talking about Lore having emotions.

And why do they hate him so much?

I'm not sure who you mean here. Lore?

No, I meant Brent, actually.

I don't hate Marina Sirtis, or Robert Picardo (although I hate the Doctor and Troi in MOST episodes.) Alright, bed time for me now. Good night, see you tomorrow, and congrats again captain!

Yes, it ALWAYS seems like people hold grudges against Brent, and these people DON'T even KNOW him personally! That is so unfair!

As for him being like Lore, I have also read that of any of the Star Trek characters he is most like Data. And I read in the book "Finest Crew In The Fleet" that his inspiration for Lore came from an experience he once had with his slightly older brother.

I don't know, but from what I have read Brent seems to be quite the gentleman, and seems to be quite kind, silly and highly intellegent. He IS defensive towards certain subjects but then again, AREN'T WE ALL??? But I don't think he is bad or mean, or see why people should HATE him?!

Well here you guys are! :lol: I just did not scroll down. *duh*

From what i have read, i think that since Brent gaurds his privacy so fiercely he is believed to be stuck up. He and Data sing great.

Lore is just misunderstood.

Deanna could cheat in telling Lore and Data appart, she could sense emotion for Lore. This is why she had to be oddly missing for the "Datalore" episode.

I am (was) writing a story where this one girl can always tell the difference between Data and Lore and it flatters Data, but drives Lore crazy. He keeps trying to trip her up, but Her and Data have a code word just to make sure. LOL One day i'm going to finish all these stories.

I think that'd be a great story Lessa! And like I told you and the other girls, as soon as I can I will post my synopsis of my story here....I will be combining the stories of Yillara and my real self on this page(since I am not going to give my real name out on the boards, at least not as of right now!) Since as I once told my brother & sister... She is me and I am she. She is the most like me. And when we were younger, my siblings and I would do "TV shows" or "Movies" out in our yard. And Yillara is who I'd portray.

the story gets really complicated, and there is a lot of time travelling done...

Well, give you an idea.....other than Data & Lore appearing...

These are the others...Liara(Lore's mysterious girlfriend), Yillara-in the 24th century(Data's girlfriend), Yillara(me)-thrown back in the past and beginning her life again(Data's wife); Tasha Yar(We all know who SHE is), The unknown one (Became Rhea later on- the girl from Immortal Coil, that story sort of coincides with mine!);

Then comes the odd part of my story, and since it is a story anything can occur....The children: December (Tasha's daughter she never knew she was going to have); Lal (we all know her already); Aceisa(Liara & Lore's daughter); and then Yillara's (Elaera-in the 24th, and Brent, Aurylea, Rheanne, Jayde, and Natasha Skye-her children in our near future).

I may get back sooner than I though about the story, hmmmm :lol:

I know from reading the transcripts of his chats that Brent's humour can be so easily misunderstood by people. I really like it though as I tend to have the same type of sense of humour myself. I think in the season 6 DVD special feature he talks a little about playing Lore. I'll have to re-watch that.

At one time, I think in some ways he may have been a little insecure (like most actors) and possibly had low self-esteem. I say this by the way he would use humour to protect himself. In that special feature I mentioned Patrick Stewart said that it took him "the longest to get to know Brent" but now they're best friends. I can be like that too. You hide who you are from people because you become afraid of being rejected once they know you. Of course I am being an armchair pyschiatrist here and I may be just projecting my own insecurities into my "analysis".

For most of the years that I have read about/watched/listened to Brent talk, I have always thought him to be a very shy guy. One who wants to do his job, and then move on. I am not saying, he never tries to make friends....it's just that he doesn't bend over backwards to impress people. I think that "shyness", actually translated itself onto Data. He too, seems shy and a little unsure of himself....one of the things I find attractive in both men (Brent & Data)! They both are tying to figure out where they belong in life.

And his humor, seems to be always misunderstood, as you said! I found his remarks to be humorous, but, then the few times I have tried to be funny made people think I was being defensive. I guess it just depends on who you are.

Hi guys. I decided to pay a visit. :lol: I do not have much to say now. I am poster of few words. As I said, I will someday write more. I will stop by again quite soon. ;)

Welcome, Data! It is certainly nice to see you visit our family thread. Remember you are always welcome here, even if you only post a couple of words now and then!!!

Lessa, I like you new avatar. Where is that picture from? Is it a screen grab from Deja Q?

Edited by soong_girl

little_soong_sister has probably gone to bed by now, but I'll say good-night and welcome to her, too.

l_s_s received the belated welcome and say's "thank you! rainbow.gif ".

good night. sleeping.gif

I said it on the poll thread but, I will also say it here... THANKS Alterego and little_sister_soong for voting for Data! He is still in the lead as favorite TNG character. Looks like he may stay in the lead :lol: . Can't complain about that ;) !!!

These are the pictures I posted with the reviews of Life X3. If you want to read the reviews check out the Theatre thread in 10 Forward.

life.468.jpg

BrentandHelen_1048887210.jpg

Thanks for posting them here, so the other people don't miss out!

We have all said that Data & Lore look great in black. We definately can see that Brent sure does!

Soong girl, Yes- that picute is from the end of that very episode. I loved that laugh, but thought is was a bit of a small gift in return for Data saving Q's live....TWICE!

I did not know that Brent played with H. Hunt!

Soong girl, how many kids do you have? i know of your one daughter...any others?

I have three two girls and one son.

I too think that at times Brend is misunderstood. He is also rather well spoken and he may just be going over the heads of some of these people.

I think that is why WE understand Brent. He is well spoken. OK, so maybe it is partly because we think he's cute. :lol:

I just discovered where that pink smilie was, so, I can't resist this....

Data ;);) :lol: OK, I know that was silly but, hey!

Yillara, you're a nut, but we like you that way, dear.

Ok, Soong sisters, i know at least SG has season 7, so please tell me...in Decent, i know that Lore was called "THe One" by his followers, but when they addressed him to his face, what did they call him? I can't remember if they just called him Lore or what.

HELP!

Soong girl, how many kids do you have? i know of your one daughter...any others?

I have three two girls and one son.

Just one. My little sweetie is 8 years old - she'll turn 9 in July.

Ok, Soong sisters, i know at least SG has season 7, so please tell me...in Decent, i know that Lore was called "THe One" by his followers, but when they addressed him to his face, what did they call him? I can't remember if they just called him Lore or what.

I just watched Descent Part 2 yesterday and I can't recall them call him by name. :lol: They didn't call him "the One" or "Mr. One" or anything. ;) Hugh called him Lore when he was showing Riker and Worf the 2 Borg that Lore had experimented on.

Yeah, but Lessa...Sometimes you feel like a ;) and some times you :mellow: . I just discovered all the OTHER little smilies(that's why I used the pink heart one! :lol: ).

As for Lore's name, I don't recall the Borg ever ACTUALLY using his name. And that was the case even in the novelization.

Hi guys. I just wanted to let you know that VaBeachGuy was so kind to let me change my member name. So soong_girl is now Takara_Soong. I really wanted to have a name. I was feeling weird being a "girl" especially since I'm the oldest Soong in the group.

In case you're wondering Takara is Japanese for beloved jewel. I went to the baby name sites to try to find something I liked.

I don't know if you saw Alterego's post in the TNG favourite character thread. He mentioned that he calls his daughter Jem after a TOS character so I asked him to ask her if she would rather be little_sister_soong or Jem_Soong. He said he'll let her post her reply when she gets home.

Ok, here she is in her own words;

I’d like to be called Jem_soong. Now let’s talk about TNG, have you seen all the episodes of TNG?  I haven’t.  I’m trying to watch them all but there are so many.  there are 7 seasons and in each season there are 7 discs, at least I think there are 7.  Now let’s talk about Data.  Isn’t he so cute!  I just want to eat him up!!  :lol:

Ok, here she is in her own words;

I’d like to be called Jem_soong. Now let’s talk about TNG, have you seen all the episodes of TNG?  I haven’t.  I’m trying to watch them all but there are so many.  there are 7 seasons and in each season there are 7 discs, at least I think there are 7.  Now let’s talk about Data.  Isn’t he so cute!  I just want to eat him up!!  ;)

Jem_Soong it is. I have seen all of the episodes of TNG over and over again. I have all 7 seasons of the DVD box sets. Maybe your dad can get you those for your birthday or Christmas if you don't have them already. :lol: I agree Data is very cute.

Jem_soong; We have all seven seasons and we are getting DS9 episodes. We already have the two of the seasons. Are you going to get DS9 episodes?

She dictated and I typed to save time. Alterego

Jem_soong; We have all seven seasons and we are getting DS9 episodes. We already have the two of the seasons. Are you going to get DS9 episodes?

She dictated and I typed to save time. Alterego

I don't have any of the DS9 DVDs yet. I haven't seen very many episodes of DS9 so I am going to wait until the episodes start being shown on TNN before I decide if I am going to buy them. I am saving up my money to buy the Nemesis DVD and if any of the other TNG movies have special editions.