1. 1. Favourites from the ops ensign.

• Emanations
    • Non-Sequitur
    • The Chute
    • Favourite Son
    • The Disease
    • Ashes to Ashes
    • Nightengale

I think you're talkin about "Deadlock" where Kim is killed but replaced by his duplicate from the Duplicate Voyager along with the duplicate infant Naomi Wildman.

There were a couple of them where he died, weren't there?

The Harry Kim episode I never understood was the one where the Borg Queen addressed Harry by name and then said she would see him soon. The writers never revealed what that was all about. I don't think anyone from Voyager had been assimilated by that point, and Kim wouldn't even have been a Cadet yet by the time other Starfleet personnel had been assimilated unless maybe someone who knew him was assimilated in First Contact.

What I also never understood was how he got the senior Ops position as an Ensign. Ops is sort of the 24th century equivalent of "Network Administrator". Since Kim was an Ensign it is unlikely he had anyone working beneath him. Sure he was top of his class at the Academy, but I don't think Starfleet would staff the Ops function with just one person even on a small ship - especially if that one person is just entering Starfleet.

What I also never understood was how he got the senior Ops position as an Ensign. Ops is sort of the 24th century equivalent of "Network Administrator". Since Kim was an Ensign it is unlikely he had anyone working beneath him. Sure he was top of his class at the Academy, but I don't think Starfleet would staff the Ops function with just one person even on a small ship - especially if that one person is just entering Starfleet.

I didnt understand that myself but then again a lot of people died when the caretakers grabbed them so maybe his superior officer was killed.

Those would all be my favorite Harry Kim episodes then........ :elephant:

Those would all be my favorite Harry Kim episodes then........ :elephant:

And you were just dying to ask that question, right Kor? :o

Which Episodes did Harry Kim die?

In: TV Programming and Commercials

Answer

Ensign Harry Kim was killed in an episode of STAR TREK: VOYAGER entitled "DEADLOCK". The ship and it's crew was duplicated due to a spacial anomaly. Every member of one crew was killed when Captain Janeway ordered the self destruction of the duplicate Voyager in order to defeat a Vidian vessel, except for Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman (a newborn at the time). Just before ordering the destruction of the duplicate voyager, Captain Janeway instructed Ensign Kim to take the child and go to the original Voyager so they could replace their counterparts who died earlier in the episode.

See, Kor? Other have had EXACTLY the same question!

In Emmanations, Harry was exchanged, for a time, for a dead body. Does that count? :(

In Emmanations, Harry was exchanged, for a time, for a dead body. Does that count?

His greatest acting job ever........was as a dead body............ :elephant:

Of all the eps listed, I chose "Chute". It was a great ep that offered insight into Harry and Tom's friendship and it showed the viewers that they would be their for each other in the end.

"Non Sequitur" is the best Kim episode.

OK, I know that many fans dislike "Favorite Son" but I think that one is a good one too.

I think you missed the best Harry episode. TIMELESS. That's the one in which I think Garret Wang did the best job, the episode that I think its best for the CHARACTER is The Disease in which he stands up for something he wants, and isn't afraid to get in trouble or to take the punishment like a man