Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Medtation

Hello there once again,

I am wondering if any you do meditation in here! It is very good for the mind, body, and sprit. If any of you don't you should start. For me I noticed that the Bajorians do alot of it in order to maintain peace in there body also as a religous. The same thing would have to go for the Minbari on Babylon 5. I enjoy it a lot, to be able to clear your mind and be at peace. Let me know, if you like it or hate it?

Lursa

I meditate occasionally, but only for short periods of time. Never more than a couple of minutes. I use "mini-meditations" when I get frustrated or stressed out - usually at work, and they're very effective. I get bored and too distracted when I try to meditate any longer.

i took a class in college in meditation. also one in guided imagery both were really great classes. i enjoyed meditation. i haven't done it much since but occasionally i will. sometimes in my house it's a little two rowdy to meditate.

tm

I try to do it as much as I can. Just like the food pyramid, I think that it should be a daily requirement for the body.

I have tryed, but it is very hard to stop my mind from think jump. ADD and ADHD can do that to you. The best I can get is listening to Zelda game music and clearing my mind a few minutes at a time.

My religion requires one to be in complete control of their life. and to accomplish that, one must enter ones sub-consious self in order to gain complete control and to relax and stimulate ones body.

So....

Yeah, I do it!

I meditate a lot. It helps me focus my aura, and also to calm my nerves. It helps to think of stress as a bunch of blackness, if you can vent the blackness, then it'll calm you down.

I have to meditate to survive...my life is pathetically busy with minutia and constantly doing 30 things, all of them annoying... Meditation helps me forget all that and get writing done, much less post on here which I am finding more therapeutic the more I do it.

I find a 6-pack of Budweiser is a very effective way to relax........... :)

Now you see, we are both attaining the same goal, but we are employing different means to get there. :angry:

.....reminds me, it has been awhile since i had a budweiser. Perhaps i will have a few this weekend. :)

yeah well now that i am trying to get pregnant i can't drink anymore

Thats not quite right. You can't drink AFTER you get pregnant. Its a proven fact that many women get pregnant while loaded........ :nono:

i find out soon if i am pregnant, i want it so bad. But i promise myself that i wont be disapointed if i'm not. I mean its only the first month of us trying

i find out soon if i am pregnant, i want it so bad. But i promise myself that i wont be disapointed if i'm not. I mean its only the first month of us trying

Don't you have any of those pregnancy tests that you take at home? You can find out immediately.

Don't you have any of those pregnancy tests that you take at home? You can find out immediately.

still too early

I've been told that this would benefit me.

Maybe one day, I will give it a go.

Getting pregnant???.... :nono:

Getting pregnant???.... :nono:

i think he may have actually been on topic

Getting pregnant???.... :P

*looks down at huge belly*

ummm....one would think that.... :nono:

Meditation can work wonders.

I started doing it as a kid, around 12 or 13 in order to alleviate stress from things going on at home, and to help me focus on my studies at school. I was taking a karate class at the time, and my sensei taught the whole class. I don't do it regularly anymore. But I should.