Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Kai Winn vs Gul Dukat

Best Baddie  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Best Baddie

• Kai Winn
    • Gul Dukat

Kai Winn: Bajoran, political manipulator. Scheming, plotting, and so two faced.

Gul Dukat: slimey, also very scheming. Rising and falling and infinitely mad.

Who did you prefer?

I've made no secret of my disliking of the Winn character, I think the series could have been done just as well if not better without her character.

Gul Dukat, to me was a much more interesting character. He starts out as a "possible" bad guy in the beginning. We don't really know what to think of him, he's a mystery but we know he's not a friend.

He turns into somewhat if a bad guy and then becomes a friend. We almost start to like him in the war with the Klingons, even feel sorry for him at times. Then he sides with the Dominion and becomes a bad guy again. The final season and a half solidify his part as the ultimate bad guy for DS9 and he winds up getting his just rewards for it.

So my answer, after being so long winded is Dukat.

Gul Dukat is one of the best charechters in all of star trek, and thier is nothing wrong with scheming, it it how you get things done when ethical people stand in your way or people with twisted values stand in your way. i think that exept for the mass killings that he was ordered to carry out and that if he dident carry out then someone even worse would take over for him, i thinm he was an ok guy.

VBG, that's a very good description of the ride we took with Dukat and it is imo, the same way I saw Win. She annoyed me from the start but for some time, I could not besure about her true nature or intentions. Eventually she did convince me of her true evil nature but she then evolved a little, I began to think she was going to turn to the good side of the force (and I was rooting for her to) but it turned out she was only showing how good of a liar she was. I can't decide between them, she and Dukat was a match made in the Fire Caves. :rolleyes: Ok, I vote Dukat.

Edited by Alterego

I just love Dukat Character.

He's my favorite vilain in all the series.. He really well developped.

And you all said the rest :-)

Hey, at least Kie Winn tried to stop Dukat when she realised the Pah-Wraiths were evil after all.  Too bad Dukat fried her. :rolleyes:

Too little too late though, she got what she had coming. I only wish they had fried her in "In The Hands Of The Prophets".

I've also made no secret of it.  I love, love, love Dukat.  And I don't, don't, don't like Wynn.

Stardate:213556.7

Dont even get me started on that stupid caniving son of a *****.I hated her so much :bow: I just wanted them to :rolleyes: her(I love that smiley)

But I loved Dukat.He was awsome Bad guy.He was the first bad guy in Star Trek I rooted for half the time.Dukat and Sisko were so perfect together.

Definitely Dukat. He was a great baddie. Never could be exactly sure which side of the fence he was gonna be on.

Dukat for me. Dukat was a villain, but a complex one. You never knew quite what he would do. Kai Winn always struck me as very shallow, and she annoyed me terribly.

Dukat. A more complex, twisted and darn right charismatic villan I have never seen. To me he is the only evil guy Star Trek has ever produced who is really intelligent and coniving. (all the others Q (mostly bad), Seska, Whatisface, that weak eyed dominion guy who was chums with Dukat etc were smart but flawed) He was a 3-dimensional charcter who developed and learnt (always good) and for most of the time he was a complete mystery to the actors in the story and viewers. He also had a past which may not seem much, but made him more alive and real.

I also loved the fact that his character was an inverted Sisko. Did anyone notice that? He had many of Sisko's qualities and traits (intelligent, calm under pressure, strong, decisive, he had a sense of humour, need I go on...) but approached life from a completely opposite direction.

:rolleyes:

Dukat. A more complex, twisted and darn right charismatic villan I have never seen. To me he is the only evil guy Star Trek has ever produced who is really intelligent and coniving. (all the others Q (mostly bad), Seska, Whatisface, that weak eyed dominion guy who was chums with Dukat etc were smart but flawed) He was a 3-dimensional charcter who developed and learnt (always good) and for most of the time he was a complete mystery to the actors in the story and viewers. He also had a past which may not seem much, but made him more alive and real.

I also loved the fact that his character was an inverted Sisko. Did anyone notice that? He had many of Sisko's qualities and traits (intelligent, calm under pressure, strong, decisive, he had a sense of humour, need I go on...) but approached life from a completely opposite direction.

:blink:

I have to completely agree. A villain that has been developed and we know something about their past is always better than the one that shows up for just a couple episodes and we never really get to know them.

Ah, I couldn't stand Kai Winn, she was so self contrived. Well okay, maybe Dukat was too, but he was fun to have around. The only time I ever liked Kai Winns character was in the last 10 episode stint when she and Dukat were plotting together.

Dukat is my Favorite Star Trek Villian. and I completely agree with Sasooni's View of Him.

Another Great Thing about the Villian He was is that he didn't see himself that way.

He saw himself as a Good Man.and in an odd way, he was, yet he wasn't.

I hated Kai Winn,the witch(that slur wants so bad to start with another letter... :thumbs: ).She was more pathetic than anything.

Gul Dukat,now there was a true villain.He had a dynamic personality,and he was convinced of the "righteousness" of his own cause.To tell the truth and shame the devil,as we say down here,Dukat might have convinced me to switch sides (Marc Alaimo is a doll :blink: ).

Nah.Maybe not,I'm too much a believer in the Federation and Starfleet.But I wouldn't have minded him tempting me.Sigh...

i thought dukat was an excellent villain. i didn't like kai winn. i much preferred the first kai, what was her name? Opaka? she was much more believable as the head of a religious order

Edited by trekker

I hated Kai Winn,the witch(that slur wants so bad to start with another letter... :( ).She was more pathetic than anything.

Gul Dukat,now there was a true villain.He had a dynamic personality,and he was convinced of the "righteousness" of his own cause.To tell the truth and shame the devil,as we say down here,Dukat might have convinced me to switch sides (Marc Alaimo is a doll :( ).

Nah.Maybe not,I'm too much a believer in the Federation and Starfleet.But I wouldn't have minded him tempting me.Sigh...

I think Kai Winn was a much more subtle villan though. She was equally as evil yet kept up an efficacy of being a good religious leader. This made her a lot more dangerous. Sisko could tell Dukat where to go: he knew where he was with him. But he had to keep friendly with the sceming Kai, knowing what she was capable of. I find the secretive schemer the most dangerous.

I would have to go for Dukat. But, Louise Fletcher did play the 'smarmy politico' well...all the references to Kira with the 'My child', and etc...with the smile that got under poor Kira's skin, as she knew so well who was the woman beneath the robes...and dealing with a man who epitomized everything she depised...played well by Marc Alaimo

Who do I prefer? Dukat of course. He's an excellent character. He really was a bad guy, but it was often very hard to see him as such. And then when he did something truly evil, you were surprised because you didn't think he had it in him. But all along you should have known he was capable of it. I'm a little bit sad that he went all crazy at the end and ended up ultimately being the bad guy who died. I was sort of holding out for a reversal from him. But then I guess he just wouldn't be Dukat if he had come around. Plus he's so darn attractive... his voice and looks and that charm... gosh. :)

I always hated Kai Winn. But it's not that I hated her and wanted her to die or wished she wasn't on the show. She was a great baddie and I hated her because that's how she was written. She was just so great at being bad and I think Louise Fletcher was so awesome in that role. She's the kind of character that you love to hate. I always thought she was actually more evil than Dukat, but at the very end, I wasn't sure. She did the right thing when it mattered the most and Dukat, well, didn't.

I would have to go for Dukat. But, Louise Fletcher did play the 'smarmy politico' well...all the references to Kira with the 'My child', and etc...with the smile that got under poor Kira's skin, as she knew so well who was the woman beneath the robes...and dealing with a man who epitomized everything she depised...played well by Marc Alaimo

Good statement. I agree with that.

Oh, there is no doubt in my mind, it's Gul Dukat.

He was the ultimate "bad guy" of DS9. He had a complex personality, to be sure. On occasion it almost seemed that he was not as "bad" as one would think. But that probably was only because of his truly psychotic personality. At the end, his evilness was unambiguous.

Kai Winn was an excellent character on the show, too; even though I despise her personally. She represented the (almost archetypal) ambitious politician, hungry for power and fame. That is what solely motivated her. She loved to wield power and to put people down. In no way was she "spiritual."

Gul Dukat. I'm only upto S3 (first few episodes) of DS9 but Kai Winn just.... rubs wrong on me.

Though I hate Winn more....Dukat was a way better bad guy, he was a big reason I found DS9 so interesting, such a complex character and he was important throughout the whole show, I wouldn't miss Winn in the spells she was gone, but if Dukat was gone more than a few episodes I would notice!