Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

what do you collect

I got a whole room dedicated to Pittsburgh Sports & Notre Dame stuff, including a super Bowl XI Iron City Beer Can, we are Family collectables, Super Bowl XXX Memorbila and the newest Super Bowl XL Championship stuff, with Pittsburgh Penguin Stanley Cup, also my bowling trophies are here

I tend to collect some coins (especially foreign) & candles are the main things I think. Well, and music too.

I like stuff with butterflies on them, and it does almost seem like I collect them (along with angel or faery statues/sculptures). I love getting & putting together jigsaw puzzles so maybe that counts. And I guess specific plants & trees could count for when I am gardening (bouganvilla, roses, strawberries, aloe, society garlic, orange, tangerine and grapefruit trees are the main ones)

I still have pretty much all of my gymnastics & school awards that I keep in a box in a safe place. But nowadays my dance awards are on display (where my gymnastics awards used to hang). To me those are not exactly something a person "collects" per se as one would collect memorabilia or coins and such... but I did save them over all these years.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I collect Old West memorabilia, Hard Rock Cafe pins and shirts and..........I think thats it.

Lets see i collect lots of things.

Baseball style hats (have about 90)

Tshirts (have about 150)

Knifes (have many all types all ages)

Old money (all countries, to many to count my favroite is

my 1852 half penney from the upper bank of canada

its huge. Then my 1938 to 1944 Germam money)

I used to collect stamps when I was younger, I still have the book, and now I try to get all the state quarters.

:laugh: I also collect AOL disks. I have 0ver 200.

Tshirts (have about 150)

oh I had forgotten about that one. When I was competing in gymnastics I tried to collect every one of the shirts for the meets I was in (Nationals & States included. Many more meets I did not get shirts from for one reason or another). Of course I outgrew many of them and also they began to be worn out so I had carefully scanned the designs in and recovered them. Sadly my old computer crashed taking about 40 shirt designs with it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nowadays, I am in competitive dance... so naturally I began collecting shirts from as many competitions as possible (so far I have three of the four I was in)

i collect star trek, a bit of stargate, stuffed animals, dvds and board games. the majority of my stuff is star trek related.

tm

Guest Ktrek

My largest collection I own is my Star Trek books and magazine collection. I guess it's around 800 books and around 300 magazines. I also collect the Star Trek DVDs and have everything released and eagerly awaiting TAS. Besides Trek my collections include classical music CDs, Stargate on DVD, classic movies, vintage sci-Fi and mystery books from the 40s and 50s. I also collect books and magazines related to classic films and the stars and directors who made them.

Kevin

Edited by Ktrek

Comics, my brothers old hockey cards, dragon statues, special edition coins (canadian), and coke cans.... i have a triangle of coke cans sitting in my living room that took me all of 2 weeks to collect

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

I collected baseball cards from age 8 to 16. I had hundreds and hundreds of season set boxes. Many unopened. I collected quarter-op arcade games. Comic books. Lots of things. Had to part with most of it over the past 5-years. Needed the money.

The only thing I collect anymore are DVDs. I have a small (well, relatively small...about 60) but growing collection of old sci-fi and horror movies. Mostly bargain bin stuff, but that's what I like. :laugh:

I also used to collect the Micro-Machines Star Trek starships. I had a lot of them, but being that they are so small, I lost most of them in moves, and by giving them away to whichever nephews or nieces (or their friends) who were visiting the house on any given day.

I have a verry nice collection of gijoe toys(the small ones) and I have some of the old transformers before they went all plastic. I also have about half of the old star wars toys. When I was young so my brother and I would not get the same thing I would get the bad guys(empire or cobra) and he would get the good guys. So now that we are older I am trying to get the other half.

Like many of us, Star Trek stuff, including lots of comic books and novels. Some autographed pictures too.

A little Stargate and Dr. Who stuff. Some cat figurines and some salts (small glass holders that held salt).

Also slides - some I took and some purchased ones.

If any of you comic book collectors out there want some comics, let me know. I have tons of Marvels and DCs, mostly the super-hero titles. I could sell them back to a comic book store but what they want to give you for it is insulting. I'd rather give them away for free to someone who would enjoy reading them. The deal is you pay the postage and I would be happy to mail them to you. I usually just read them once and put them in a closet. They are taking up WAY too much space!