Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Are you afraid of death?

I know some of our views on death may be affected by our belief in whether or not there is an afterlife. But the subject came up and I was curious how people feel about death...are you afraid?

Whatever God has planned for me, I shall accept, so I guess the answer for me would be "No". that is part of the reason why I volunteered to go to Iraq several times (though I never got sent, I did two tours in Afghanistan, though)

Death is a part of life.

If you are afraid of death, you may as well be afraid of breathing, or sunshine, or sleeping.

No. I am not afraid of death.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that when I die, I'll go somewhere that's probably alot more comfortable and tolerable than this world. Now, granted, I'm not going to run full steam at getting there, I want to enjoy myself while I'm HERE, but I think what's on the other side is probably not bad. Then again, I also read somewhere that the part of the population that fears death the most is the athiest community, since they believe there's nothing after you die. Weather or not that's true, an athiest would have to fill me in on that.

I'm more afraid of growing old and weak.

Growing old itself doesn't bother me, but I'd have to agree with being unable to get around by myself. To be a burden to any of my loved ones ever.....that worries me more than death itself.

I know what you mean about becoming disabled.

My mother was worried about being a burden to her children. As her cancer spread and she could no longer walk, she used to constantly apologize to me because she needed my help to move around the house and to make her doctor's appointments....and I used to tell her to stop it. She wasn't a burden. I can't remember all the times she was there for me when I was sick!

But I understand what she was feeling.

No, although I would like to have a peaceful death. A lot of my relatives who have died recently have died in pain, due to illness. Because of the disease I have, my death could easily be similar, if I have a life as long as they.

But I actually look forward to seeing loved ones again, especially my sister.

You are made up of molecules, you breathe them, eat them, excrete them all your life, this process is governed by self replicating molecules which give us life. When you die, your molecules are broken down again, to be reused.

Yes I'm afraid, I'm not done with my molecules yet..

Edited by ARMS

Death is merely a transition to a different state ot being. I am not afraid of this change, I have seen whats ahead, it warms me to know that there is something more than this brief flicker of the candle.

At times i am afraid to die ,but its part of life .Really scared me when my friend died last weekend and 2 of singers from 60's cowsill,then donknotts,dennis weaver.. its just part of life when your time its your time..oh al lewis died on munsters.. I just think its wild that all sudden lot of famous people dieing..Cause if we didn't die there be alot people on this earth...

it not nessary a bad thing just can me you go to beetter place.. leave happy memory..

post-761-1141157805.jpg

post-761-1141158379.gif

Appearently, for 98% of Northerners in the US, their last words during a Car crash before they are killed is "Oh (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)!" for southerners, it's "Hey, hold my Beer, I'monna try sumin'"

I believe in Heaven, and thus I am not afraid of death. Besides, there are much more important things to fear in life, like Friday's Calculus test. :borg2:

A senseless death, like being in an auto wreck or tripping and falling off a cliff or something stupid like that scares me.

to quote groucho marx "I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

I am in a middle ground, I was raised catholic but the practices have no real application in my life. (I live out of wed lock with my partner, i swear, i take the lords name in vain, and however many other things i am doing to annoy god) But i Feel if God loves me then he will not care whether or not i do these things. as for the question of fearing death. I fear the unknown, just like all animals.

So Yes, I fear death

I don't fear death. I just don't want the transition to be painful, so if I get into an accident, it better take me there :borg2:

Ever see the root of all evil on channel 4?

Religion keeps the mind in state of infancy, realise dying is a natural part of life. Look at the Q they were never born, will never die and know everything, but they aren't going to evolve, we will evolve past them, in time. New born children know nothing and so have to learn out of curiosity about the unknown, if you know everything you wont. People can't live forever, because if they did, nothing would ever change, and Humans would eventually grow stagnent, death is essential.

I'm not afraid of death per se. I am just afraid that I will only have once chance to die and I will probably muck it up in some way.

Tip: never say "Hey watch this!" before pulling a stupid show-off stunt. <_<

Appearently, for 98% of Northerners in the US, their last words during a Car crash before they are killed is "Oh (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)!" for southerners, it's "Hey, hold my Beer, I'monna try sumin'"

Well I'm not even afraid of those kinds of deaths. I am thinking more of intending to jump out of a plane without a parachute screaming "yeee=hahhh!" but ending up banging my head and stubing my toe on the way out kind of death.

Yes I am I would totally be scared to die I'm only 24 and I just have a lot left to live for so I am not even ready to die if I was dieing like say tomorrow that would be scary .

Considering I don't believe in a god or afterlife, I find the prospect of the unknown fightening.

After all, the ONE thing humans are afraid of is the unknown, and all in all, it IS the unknown, no evidence has been recordered of an after life, so everyone owuld be lying if they said they wern't afraid.

Unless of course they have a funny little word called:

"Faith"

Are you afraid of death?

I've given this question quite a bit of thought, and I'll have to say no. I see no reason to fear death. Death happens to everyone, and it will undoubtedly happen to me (unless a vampire gets to me first :angry: ), so what's the point in fearing the inevitable?