Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

Which is your favorite classic Sci-Fi Movie?

Which is your favorite  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Movie?

• The War of the Worlds (1953)
    • This Island Earth (1955)
    • Forbidden Planet (1956)

1.Forbidden Planet

2.The War Of The Worlds /and the spinoff was a very short lived T.V series that picked up where the flm left off

3.2001: A Space Odyssey (Modern Sequel 2010:The Year We Made Contact)

4.Metropolis

:laugh: B) B) B)

My favourite listed is Forbidden Planet... I grew up on that movie.

Earth vs. The Flying Saucers is good, although I remember hearing Harryhausen says it's his least favourite he worked on.

I prefer more The Day That the Earth Stood Still primarily for Klaatu's haunting speech which ends:

Either join us and live in peace or continue on your present course and face obliteration...

The choice is your's. We await your answer..

Or something like that.. It's been awhile since I've dedicated it to memory, but I remember Klaatu's language was based a bit on Swahili.

<------Really needs to see all-of non-MST3K This Island Earth and Fritz Lang's Metropolis, to which inspired Dark City a new favourite film of mine about a city constructed out of stolen memories.

Of the three listed I'll pick This island Earth.

But my favorite of all time is probably "Message from Space".

Just love those starfish aliens with the (obvious) cardboard cutout "eyes".....

:laugh:

You should have had an 'other ' category. I chose War of the Worlds, but I would have preferred my true classic favorite: The Day the earth Stood Still

From the three in your list...Forbidden Planet (1956) :laugh: ...great film,i watched half of it last night on TCM B)

Of the 3 listed my favorite is Forbidden Planet. One of my favorite classic movies is The Thing (From Another World) the 1951 version not the John Carpenter remake. (the Carpenter version does follow the original short story)

So far Hollyweird's plans to remake Forbidden Planet have fallen through.

BTW they are remaking the Carpenter version of The Thing, so Hollyweird will be giving us ANOTHER remake of a remake ala` War Of The Worlds.

War of the Worlds, not the new one that Cruise put out, it wasnt bad, but the old version was a clasic, personally I loved The Day the Earth Stood Still but its not on the list