Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KIMIMELA

My first driving lesson soon

On 14th February, Valentines Day, at 2:00 I'll be having my first driving lesson!

I can't wait to get in a car and .... after that I don't know. Crash, maybe? :laugh:

So please guys, gimme a wave!

And keep off the roads, please!

I fear roundabouts. I'm developing a kind of phobia about them.... :fear: And motorways are too fast

Don't you mean keep off the footpath? :huh: :rofl:

*Laughs so loud she disturbs her classmate*

:laugh: I wont be able to drive straight. But I guess it's a bit like riding a bike. Except that you get second and third chances on a bike!

Kor, mopeds are just as bad. How about a motorbike?

*Imagines herself driving into the wall*

Hang in there, Cara. Just try to relax over the lesson. Trust your feelings. If you are nervous, driving on motorways and roundabouts, practice a bit. If you still hate them, try to avoid them, though that's easier said than done! In Ireland on vacation, I have to admit I avoided driving the roundabouts. In Ohio, there are less intense versions of them which I cam handle. Good luck!

B) Don't be nervous B) beside it's not what you do behind the wheel it's the other guy I've learned to look out for. B) :laugh:

OMG! :laugh: Cara learning how to drive! I should stay off the roads if I want to safe. What a minute your in England and I am Calinfornia. I am very much safe now! - j/k Good luck and I know you will go a good job. B)

OMG! B) Cara learning how to drive! I should stay off the roads if I want to safe. What a minute your in England and I am Calinfornia. I am very much safe now! - j/k Good luck and I know you will go a good job. B)

I wonder what you did say before you edited :laugh: B) :o

OMG! :o Cara learning how to drive! I should stay off the roads if I want to safe. What a minute your in England and I am Calinfornia. I am very much safe now! - j/k Good luck and I know you will go a good job. B)

I wonder what you did say before you edited :laugh: B) :)

It actually didn't change at all. I just forgotten a word in the first sentince. B)

OMG! :) Cara learning how to drive! I should stay off the roads if I want to safe. What a minute your in England and I am Calinfornia. I am very much safe now! - j/k Good luck and I know you will go a good job. B)

I wonder what you did say before you edited :laugh: B) B)

It actually didn't change at all. I just forgotten a word in the first sentince. B)

Yea right on...:bored: B) :o

Good Luck, Cara. Just beware snow and ice...I don't know what the weather is like in England this time of year, but 'round about these parts, it gets snowy, which makes the roads about 1000 X more dangerous.

And don't worry about driving on the Freeways. just keep your eyes open, and the car in your lane, and you should be fine.

My lectuturer was telling me about the "blind spot" today. He said its when you loose control of the car and cover your eyes [blind] and drive into a [spot] in the wall :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My lectuturer was telling me about the "blind spot" today. He said its when you loose control of the car and cover your eyes [blind] and drive into a [spot] in the wall :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is hilliarious. I'll have to remember that one. I am teaching my neice to drive a stick shift soon.

Hey I'm waiting for my instructor now I'm so nervous...any minute now... oh he's here... here's the car....

Ironic or what- my neighbour built a new wall the other day!

:laugh: :lol:

I'll let you know how it goes later, if I get time

:VBGal2:

Have fun with that hope u do well. Last time I got behind the wheel (last year on my 15) I almost crashed my families truck into a telephone pole. I get to do it again this summer. :laugh: You would definately want to stay off the road when I drive.

My instructor drove me to a quiet industrial estate. The route was a straight road, then turn left at a small roundabout, down a straight road with oncoming traffic and back round the corner to the beginning.

I set my mirrors, seat, steering wheel. I got used to the gears easy enough and I use the mirrors and the indicators automatically. I couldn't keep the needle on the speed dial still- I had to rest it on 10 but it went to 20 to 30 to 10 to 30 *tsk*.

I turned off ok and I drove slowly to the roundabout. Indicated ok, checked mirrors ok, missed the island by inches- I didn't steer properly! My instructor had to slam the brakes and grab the wheel *tsk*.

I went round the block over and over for the hour. I just could not steer. My instuctor said I held it too tight and I needed to loosen grip. B)

I improved quickly. I need to practice my steering. He said if I can steer, change gear and use the clutch without thinking I can pretty much drive. I need to watch that speed!

My auntie has an old steering wheel for a PC with the pedals that I can practice with. B) :(

I have my next lesson the same time next tuesady.

HEY- just remembered- I forgot to use my glasses!!! :laugh: :lol:

Thank God that you will be driving on a whole other continent.........j/k.. :laugh:

Seriously though, why in the world is the driving instructor teaching you to drive in a car with a manuel transmission? Learning to drive is hard enough without having to whift gears all the time. Don't they have any automatics?.... :lol:

I remember my first driving lessons. I drove first on a manual and had to learn to how to work that, then drive. I couldn't keep the speed constant either Cara. Went I took behind the wheel for my high school, they had an automatic and it threw me completely off.

The other problem is that you DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!....... :laugh:

*Frowns*

I do drive on the wrong side, I am too far over.

The other problem is that you DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!....... :laugh:

*Frowns*

I do drive on the wrong side, I am too far over.

Thats OK because everyone in England DRIVES ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!!.. :lol: