Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Which cowboy movie will you/have you seen?

Pick one...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cowboy movie will you/have you seen?

• "Brokeback Mountain"-AKA the Gay Cowboy Movie
    • "Walk the Line"-AKA The Johnny Cash Movie
    • Seen both
    • Wanna see both.

I'd say Walk the Line. I have no problem with gays in general, but gay cowboys...just kinda rubs me the wrong way, no pun intended. I want to see Walk the Line, and Brokeback Mountain just makes me want to lose my dinner.

I'd love to see both, but I'll probably have to wait for the DVDs because going to the theater ain't cheap! :laugh:

I'd like to see Walk The Line. I agree with Jim. I have nothing against gays but I aint seein no gay cowboy movie!

I'm a western history fanatic and that movie just don't set well with me.

You forgot an option on the poll...how about none at all? These type of movies are oldy-worldy IMHO.

Definately Walk the Line, I am deeply in awe of Johnny Cash, if anoyone has a copy of his last single Hurt, canyou sebnd it to me. its the best version of the song.

Would "Walk The Line" really be considered a Cowboy movie though?
Seen it, and I'd say: no.

Anyways, neither is set in the olde or Ancient West (as referred to in A Fistful of Datas).

pretty effectively, cause the otherone is more about gay love than their occupation

Okay, so I did the poll wrong, but Doc, it should be stated that Cowboys didn't disappear at the turn of the 20th Century. You can go out to any ranch, and still see 'em out there. a "Cowboy" by definition, is someone who herds cows. Country Music, which Johnny Cash sang, just seems to have inherited the Cowboy image. Part of that may be due to other forms of Modern Cowboys, such as Rodeo riders (the late Chris LeDuex was a huge rodeo star before he ever released his first single).

I saw Brokeback Mountain and liked it but it was also a bitter sweet film it touched my heart deeply with a sad ending sort of ("And I rarely care to see Cowboy Movies in general but this was the exception")BBM gets a very big thumbs up from me. ("4 1/2 stars")glad it got at least 4 Oscars to the film

and in this case the Guys Herd Sheep instead of Cows.

:laugh: B) B) B)

I'd raither see Brokeback Mountain than Walk the Line, I've never been a very big Johnny Cash fan, I don't even know any of his songs. :borg2: But I do want to see Brokeback Mountain, it does look good, let's see if it's a tearjerker. The last movie I cried at was....well, frankly, Lassie, when Lassie fell down a waterfall :laugh:

I saw Brokeback Mountain and liked it but it was also a bitter sweet film it touched my heart deeply with a sad ending sort of ("And I rarely care to see Cowboy Movies in general but this was the exception")BBM gets a very big thumbs up from me. ("4 1/2 stars")glad it got at least 4 Oscars to the film

and in this case the Guys Herd Sheep instead of Cows.

:spock::laugh::borg2::laugh:

Wait...they herd Sheep? Doesn't that make them SHEPARDS, not COWBOYS?

Wait...they herd Sheep? Doesn't that make them SHEPARDS, not COWBOYS?

Well... they wear cowboy hats... :laugh:

As for me, I saw Brokeback and I didn't like it. Boring movie. And I never plan on seeing Walk the Line.

I'll see Walk the Line when it comes to cable, but I didn't run out and see it in the theatres and I won't run out to Blockbuster for it.

I have seen Walk the Line, but I won't call it a coyboy movie. Its a very good movie and I would strongly recommand it to anyone.