Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Does it make more of an impact?

I just saw "Family" a few days ago. A very emotional episode on all fronts. In regards to the situation with Picard and his older brother, I always thought this was wonderfully done and sort of sad too.

What I do want to know is, does it have more of an emotional impact on you when you see it when you know about what happens in Generations? I thought it did to me at least, everything seemed more sad.

Another interesting thing I noticed was (and maybe you all noticed this already) but in the episode, I think when the Picards are having dinner, there appears to be a fireplace somewhere since you can see the glow of flames. I highly doubt they would have some holographic fireplace, so I'm pretty sure it was the real deal. So, could that have been the source of the fire that ended up killing both him and Rene? And if so, wasnt it ironic that the resistance to technology was the cause of their demise?

I never saw that episode until a few days ago. It was pretty sad thinking about what happened to Picard's brother and nephew in Generations after the events here. Very tragic.