Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A new way to watch TV and Movies

another thing is websites like www. hulu.com which is put on by fox and nbc is to have it so you can watch tv shows including just aired epsiodes with a few commercial breaks that last about 30 seconds or less. right now their beta testing. i don't need to download or pay for anything. the quality is really good. and i can catch episodes that i've missed or want to see again. they also have classics like the a-team and doogie howser. etc..they also have their new shows like heroes and simpsons. i wish more networks had sites or like it especially for movies.

i love that its free, i can pause fast forward except through the short commercials, the variety of programming, and the quality.

I was just reminded of this thread by the technology that we now have available.

You can now get a box from Netflix that will let you watch streaming video of about 10,000 movies and tv shows.

Also, if you have a Tivo you can go to Amazon and have movies and TV shows downloaded directly to your Tivo. You can either do these as rentals or buy them. If you buy them you can redownload them pretty much any time you just don't have to keep track of them at home.

Amanda Tapping (Carter from Stargate) also has started a series last year that was completely online and you just paid for each episode to watch it.

Also, most network stations put many of their shows on their websites for viewing with just a few short commercials. I use this alot at work, since it is convenient and I can watch it anywhere I have a net connection.

With these things in mind it only reinforces my belief that standard programming as we know it will become a thing of the past, and most likely it will happen during most of our lifetimes.

Yeah, it's just a shame I couldn't cash in on it back when I started this thread... I know they stole my idea! :dude:

:dude:

Yeah, you should sue. You have a timestamp to prove you had the idea first, lol.

Yeah, it's just a shame I couldn't cash in on it back when I started this thread... I know they stole my idea! :dude:

Yeah, you should sue. You have a timestamp to prove you had the idea first, lol.

Yeah, but I also control the database... lol

Yeah, but I also control the database... lol

Shhhhhhh..... You weren't supposed to admit that in writing, lol.