Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Quark-A-Thon

Ok, I'm going to put together a good Quark-A-Thon for tonight. I just watched "Lookinf For Par Mach. I should have at least 2 of season 3's DVDs today too.

Oooh, that sounds like a good Idea.

Here are the choices for my Quark-a-Thon :lol:

The Nagus

Rules of Acquisition

The House of Quark

Little Green Men

Ferengi Love Songs

Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places

and Who Mourns for Morn?

woah, I better be heading to bed now, im gonna have a busy night. :laugh:

No Quark-a-thon is complete without "The Magnificent Ferengi", IMHO, the best Ferengi episode ever. This episode had well-executed comedy and really got to the core of how Ferengi differed from other species (as if we didn't already know)--they're not soldiers, they're negotiators, and darn good ones at that.

No Quark-a-thon is complete without "The Magnificent Ferengi", IMHO, the best Ferengi episode ever.  This episode had well-executed comedy and really got to the core of how Ferengi differed from other species (as if we didn't already know)--they're not soldiers, they're negotiators, and darn good ones at that.

I agree 100% I was just trying to think of my favorite part of the episode but there are so many classic moments.

Click for Spoiler:

Like when Gaila trys to shoot Quark but hits the Vorta instead, killing him. Just before he dies he looks at his wound and says "I Hate Ferengi!" then falls over dead. lol

Or

Click for Spoiler:

When Nog wants to see if Moogie is a changling, he walks to her calmly pulls out his knife grabs her hand and slices her palm all in one smooth action so he can test her blood.

Quark looks at the knife and says "Yep that's blood". Moogie then says "Now lets see if YOU'RE a changling" and grabs Nog by the lobes and starts hitting him on the head.

Rom says, "That's no way to tell if he's a changling!" and Moogie says "You're right! Give me that knife!" LOL

Now I have to watch that epiosde again lol

I think my favorite scene from "The Magnificent Ferengi" is the ending:

Click for Spoiler:

After taking Yelgrun prisoner, the Ferengi leave the reanimated Keevan corpse walking into the wall on Empok Nor. One wonders if Dukat and his followers just left Keevan there when they moved into the station. :clap:

If you want a good Quark-a-thon... read the Millenium Trilogy. He has some awesome scenes.  :D

I've only read a couple of Star Trek books before. I enjoyed them but I would really rather see the show or a movie. I don't have that much time to read and with this site taking a lot of time it's all I can do to read the book I am reading now.

No Profit and Lace in your list? heheh

I could sit and watch all of the Quark Episodes and love it, I also liked Ferengi Love Songs and Family Business as well.

I saw The Nagus for the first time ever thanks to Season 1 on DVD and I must say, what a great episode. Quark owns in that one and it was interesting seeing Zek for the first time, since I've seen every other episode he's been in.

I saw The Nagus for the first time ever thanks to Season 1 on DVD and I must say, what a great episode. Quark owns in that one and it was interesting seeing Zek for the first time, since I've seen every other episode he's been in.

They couldn't have picked a better person to play Zek. He's so annoying that it's funny.

I need to get the DS9 season sets now. Have my own Quark-a-thon. lol.

They couldn't have picked a better person to play Zek. He's so annoying that it's funny.

I need to get the DS9 season sets now. Have my own Quark-a-thon. lol.

bysty you sound like a converted man. Don't be bashful, put DS9 at the top of that list B) B)

The first thing I ever saw the Nagus play in was The Princess Bride, he was good in that too. He also played in several episodes of Murphy Brown in the 90's.

bysty you sound like a converted man. Don't be bashful, put DS9 at the top of that list  :bow:  B)

The first thing I ever saw the Nagus play in was The Princess Bride, he was good in that too. He also played in several episodes of Murphy Brown in the 90's.

it would be on the top of my list but ive watched tng since before i was in school, in its original run. (which is alot because i wasnt born until 1987, the first year of tng) so ive watched it for more than 10 years. but ds9 is closing in.

Ya I saw him in The Princess Bride. "INCONCEIVABLE!" B)

DS9's season 2 has an interview with Quark AND a feature on Zek himself! Now they really are spoiling us. The producers also talk about the Ferengi in depth in a seperate interview! :rolleyes: The DS9 series is really the Ferengi's series. They steal the show...

I think I may have to do a Quark-a- thon again soon.

I just watched "The Nagus" the other day so maybe I'll start with "The Jem'Hadar" and move on from there... :hmmm..."

Quark,is very cool even his brother and kid and the negus...I thought quark had a cool barall those wild drinks that came from there..

post-761-1215582884.jpg

post-761-1215583738_thumb.jpg

You know, when the Ferengi were first introduced in TNG, I wasn't impressed. But with Quark and Rom and Nog and the others in DS9, they became some of my very favorites. I especially love Moogie and her take nothing from no one attitude. :blush: