Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Patrick Stewarts Wants To Be Picard Again

TNG  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think They Could Do A TNG Movie Without Picard?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should They Have The Death of Picard On Film?

• Yes
    • No

STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION star Patrick Stewart told Yahoo News UK more about his meetings with the studio for a proposed STAR TREK XI featuring Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise-E crew.

"Weighty people in Hollywood have come up with a very interesting proposition." he said

He insists the offers would be tempting, if only he were a little younger. "But they told me it was still two, three or four years down the road, by which time I would only be able to sit in the captain's chair and not have the energy to get out of it!"

I was just thinking that if they do in fact do one more TNG movie, should Picard die in it? As Pat has said, he is getting too old for Star Trek. I wonder if Jean-Luc Picard should be killed off in the next film, that way the TNG cast can continue to appear in future movies without the worry of Patrick Stewart being too old to play Jean-Luc Picard. With the death of Picard on film, it would also be a nice introduction into the Titan film series if they wanted to go in that direction.

just thoughts I've been thinking

He insists the offers would be tempting, if only he were a little younger. "But they told me it was still two, three or four years down the road, by which time I would only be able to sit in the captain's chair and not have the energy to get out of it!"

He could always bring along his Professor X chair........... :tear:

I would rather not watch the movie at all if another main character dies again. I really don't see the whole point of it killing off the main characters if its that last movie.

I voted yes (the star trek saga will go on with or without one person)

And then i Voted no cause i really had no other option, i really don't care. Whatever is best for the story line

I voted No and No. However, I think it would be better to see Picard's promotion to Admiral Picard. Its high time. The next movie could feature him as Admiral as how Janeway was portrayed. It opens up possiblilities for writers to come up with stories on how Picard eventually got the promotion.

I wonder if the same people are voting "yes" and "no" on both questions. After my vote they were both 3 yes and 10 no.

I voted no on both. There is no way to have a TNG movie without Picard in it in some form. Maybe like they had Sulu in The Undiscovered Country not be on the Enterprise crew but still playing a key role. Admiral Picard would work best plot-wise.

I don't think seeing Picard die will go over with the fans very well. In fact I don't think any Captain's death will. There will always be some faction who thinks the death will be handled badly, such as in Generations, and there will even be some diehard fanaticals (Bring Back Kirk campaign for example) who will work to bring back the dead hero in canon.

It opens up possiblilities for writers to come up with stories on how Picard eventually got the promotion.

Maybe he slept with Janeway.

No and No. If it doesn't have Picard in it then it wouldn't be the Next Generation it would be a new generation or a spinoff. The generation split up and nothing about that will change. A movie with the new generation would be cool but the Next Generation is gone. And if Picard would have to be killed off it should have been in Nemesis. If Picard were to die in a new movie then it would be for no reason, and would look as if shadowing Data's death.

I voted No and No. However, I think it would be better to see Picard's promotion to Admiral Picard. Its high time. The next movie could feature him as Admiral as how Janeway was portrayed. It opens up possiblilities for writers to come up with stories on how Picard eventually got the promotion.

I agree here a promotion would be alot better then death I go for this also.

Brian

Do You Think They Could Do A TNG Movie Without Picard?

no

Should They Have The Death of Picard On Film?

no

hm ,interesting.

Could they make another Trek movie without Picard?

Defintly

Could they make another TNG movie, without Picard?

No (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't) way

He's the Captain for god's sake!

I don't like the promotion to Admiral idea because he would be breaking his vow to Kirk when Kirk told him not to let them promote him to Admiral

I don't really remember Picard agreeing to it.

Why does every person have to be killed off? Why not retire? People NORMALLY do so.

Become that archeologist he wished to be or make wine in France?

i would love to see a star trek vs. xmen movie with stewart playing off himself.

They actually did make an X-MEN/Star Trek comic book at one time.I have it around here somewhere.

i would love to see a star trek vs. xmen movie with stewart playing off himself.

They actually did make an X-MEN/Star Trek comic book at one time.I have it around here somewhere.

It was a book called X-Men. Very good.

i belive they've had several crossovers both with TOS and TNG.

I think they should do another movie, but say with a mixed crew, like DS9/TNG. I dunnow. And if it came down to it, Picard could get promoted to Admiral, but be confined to a Hover Chair or something.