MANVERU

The Vulcan salute

Who can do the Vulcan salute?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Can you do it?

• Yep
    • Nup
    • sorta, but it's a bit hard

Me too, I can aslo easlily do it with both hands.

:laugh:

Edited by 3 of 7

I can do it with both hands, My G/f cant do it at all, but I use the Stone Col Salute alot more :laugh:

Edited by dragonwrangler95

I can easlily do it with both hands.

I've been thinking and I've been trying it, and I tend to do it more with my left than my right. I'm right handed, but I can't do it as good as my left.

Hmm.....very lopsided poll and responses! Perhaps we are all part Vulcan.....:laugh:

I can also do it easily and on both hands.

I don't think 50% is an accurate figure at all. I think most people can do it, though, as portrayed in First Contact, it's a bit tricky the first couple times. But once you get it, you can do it no problem. Most of us, anyway.

The ring finger split thing that most people can't do is completely different. Lay your hand palm down on a table. Either hand, doesn't matter which one. Lift your thumb. Lift your pointer. Your middle finger. Your pinky. See how high you can lift them? How unrestricted? Now try the ring finger. Doesn't go very far does it? And if you keep trying, your middle finger might come up. With the middle finger up, the ring finger can go as high as any of them. With both ring and middle fingers up, try lowering just the middle finger. Not so easy, is it?

i guess this is an unfair poll, since this is a Trek site, I'd say that nearly all of its members have mastered it

I've always been able to do the Vulcan Salute since I first saw the Classic TOS on CBC ("reruns")in the mid 70's (and on Both hands as well).

Vulcan Salute in a few TOS eps and ST:TMP ST:TSFS-ST:TVH-ST:TNG-ST:DS9-ST:Voyager-ST:Enterprise Eps.

:tear:

I actualy had to learn how do do it when I was young. I forced my fingers apart. Now it's easy...

That's how I learned how to do it. My friend Luis taught me how to do it when I was 8 so I could join a club with him. I never did join though.

It just comes easy to some people without practice. My 17 year old brother isn't even a Star Trek fan and I asked him one time to do the salute and he did it easily with both hands in a second. Cruel fate, the non-Trek fan can do the salute and I can't except for one hand. :o :tear:

I guess I have no Vulcan genes