Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Was Garak Bi-Sexual

Exactly. The more we discuss this, the more I am beginning to believe Bashir was "involved" with O'Brien and Garak. :look: No guy in his right mind would just give up Leeta. :lol:

Seriously...even Jake Sisko tapped a Dabo girl.

Considering how many hot women were always strutting around Quarks and the Promenade, it doesn't seem possible to me..

This does bring up another interesting point..How do you think an openly gay character or relationship would have been accepted by the fans of Star Trek??

Now, I am convinced that Garak and Bashir were involved and lovers. It makes sense. If everyone else has the sense to be with a beautiful woman, then why would Garak and Bashir enjoy each others company so much that they eschewed relations with the likes of Leeta and Ziyal? It is obvious to me now --Garak and Bashir were lovers.

Now, I am convinced that Garak and Bashir were involved and lovers. It makes sense. If everyone else has the sense to be with a beautiful woman, then why would Garak and Bashir enjoy each others company so much that they eschewed relations with the likes of Leeta and Ziyal? It is obvious to me now --Garak and Bashir were lovers.

I'm just saying...there's a reason Garak and Ziyal never got past chaste kisses. :look:

For everyone that says "Garak wasn't bi cause he didn't hit on men" it really does beg the question of what the perception of being bi is. I'm bisexual, I don't go out of my way to have sex with guys, yet it's on my mind, just like with girls. Garak could have been flirting with Bashir and bisexual, yet he's not jumping Bashir's bones, like some straight women would want to do. If you ask me, straight guys and girls tend to want to jump more people than gay or bisexual people.

Oh, did I ever actually answer this question?

Garak is NOT bi...he is straight up gay. Ziyal was a cover.

I mean, come on...he and Julian gossiped over luncheons, for the love of god!

Great point! :yahoo: You just listed another reason why you have me convinced he is purely gay and not a bi-sexual.

I'm fairly certain I could convince you of anything, dear...but I digress. :dude:

I am getting way more information here than I need. :yahoo:

Would you be saying that if someone posted that they were straight and liked the opposite sex?

Garak was so gay, not bi. Just my opinion.

I picked up on it right away. To be honest, I assumed he was homosexual from the start. But the Trek producers being spineless, wouldn't dare show homosexual characters (so much for IDIC and tolerance), so they hooked him up with Ziyal. But I'm not going to start my rant against Trek for marginalizing homosexuals. I think Trek's record in this regard speaks for itself. Shameful.

For everyone that says "Garak wasn't bi cause he didn't hit on men" it really does beg the question of what the perception of being bi is. I'm bisexual, I don't go out of my way to have sex with guys, yet it's on my mind, just like with girls. Garak could have been flirting with Bashir and bisexual, yet he's not jumping Bashir's bones, like some straight women would want to do. If you ask me, straight guys and girls tend to want to jump more people than gay or bisexual people.

You know, after getting to know you...coming back and reading this just has so much more resonance. In a good way.

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

I think the fans would have had no problems whatsoever with an openly gay character. It was the gutless powers that be that refused to include such a character in Star Trek (and still refuse to include any in movies). A lot of fans have included such characters in fan made films and fan written stories. If the studio refuses to live up to the ideas of Trek, then we'll march on without their official sanction. Long live IDIC. <_<

true, they never had openly admitted gay characters, but they had at least one gay character. The one I am referring to the man who kidnapped Data on "The Most Toys". Remember how he threw the acid on Data clothes and told him that he needed to change before the acid ate his clothes away, but he wouldn't mind Data being naked. So, he will always be the only gay character that I know of on Trek. They have had smbolisms about being gay on Trek, such as Soren on The Outcast wanting to be accepted as a female on TNG

I wouldn't mind gay characters on Trek, since that's real life. It would make the series even more realistic

Edited by Gamera

Maybe O'Brien never got around to repairing the station's gaydar.

He was too busy getting jealous over Bashir and Garak's little lunch dates.

Miles was SO the butch of the O'Bashir coupling!

Yeah, but how do you know what Garak was thinking?

There was nothing on DS9 that showed that Garak was Bi or gay! I think Garak was straight being there was nothing that showed or said otherwise.

he never did say, but you know how he always, enjoyed his work, but also the roles he played while in the obsidian order. however, he did have a nice little romantic fling with ziyal before damar killed her. so im guessing he's straight.

No worries here... I adore the idea of Jean-Luc being bisexual. :elephant: And Mr. Stewart said that in an interview with "The Advocate". :elephant:

Oh and btw, Garak/Bashir makes a lot of sense to me, too. I don't really read DS9 fan fiction, but I know G/B fan fic's out there since I've seen it. <_<

ok then, what the (bleep) was he doing with ziyal? having innocent coversation on how he wishes to go for the reach around on bashir?

Well to be fair, Garak and Ziyal never got past a kiss on the cheek. Garak and Julian were like ALWAYS together.