Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Serenity - Film 2005 Film of the Year

I rabidly agree, serenity was outstanding!! I bought the soundtrack, the visual companion and the novel!!! Rabid fan???? You betcha!!! I am a browncoat I wear it with pride!

Browncoat is the term for Serenity/firefly fans.

I disagree. Alot of films are way better than this one, especially on that list. Goblet of Fire was the best in my opinion, which I value higher than any website's.

I am the last Firefly fan to see this movie, but guess what, I finally bought the film and watched it this morning! Serenity is absolutely amazing. Fans of the series will surely enjoy the film. It has action, a well written story and wonderful special effects. I was surprised who was killed and who I thought would be killed during the movie. The coolest part of the film is that it tells the origins of the Reavers and the planet where it all started is visited. But my favorite scene is when the Reaver ships follow Serenity and attacks the enemies waiting for them. Really, really cool movie

I wouldn't say it's the best movie of '05, but it is in the top three

Yay! Serenity deserves it. It is a miracle film. In all technicality, it shouldn't exist. But the fans were just so passionate about it, and the movie didn't disappoint. I think it may have been the most overlooked film of the year, as well as one of the best.