Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

New Year's Goals

I long ago decided that resolutions were kind of a waste of time - most people don't keep them.

Yet, a new year does mark a time to consider our lives and our direction and set goals. Do you have a particular goal for the new year. It would be interested to come back on the end of the year and see if we accomplished what we post here.

I'm going to give this a little thought but I have a couple in mind - I just don't want to over commit B)

My resolution is that I be even more responsible in doing what I need to do to improve my health. This includes diet, exercise, and weight loss. This is because of my diabetes.

It is also because of the enormous health costs related to diabetes, which my state health plan has been harping on. They are right, of course. If those of us with this disease would at least now do what we should be doing, that could help control health costs in the future, as it could reduce or avert some of the worst consequences of being diabetic, and the costs of treating those consequences.

Good luck with your goals mj, I think TUH must be talking about me. When I was young I was a lot better at sticking to goals. Now I am a lot more talk and little action.

Yes, MJ, I need to exercise more as well and take better care in general. I am sorry that you have diabetes - I know I am at risk because of family history and my sedentary lifestyle etc. I'm really trying to cut back on drinking sodas partly for that reason. ( I have occasional chocolate binges but I have a couple of sodas a day.)

So starting to exercise again is one of my goals - the other is to find a hobby (one that doesn't involve the internet)

I need to be a better parental/guardian figure for my sister and nephew. Take my responsabilities as such more seriously. And take better care of myself. I'm putting on too much weight and not exercising enough....

I suppose I just want to be a better (healthier) person, for myself and for those I care about.

Good luck with your goals APW.

My goal is to improve my grades and find that perfect balance between school work and friends, now that I know where I want to go and that I have a chance to get in if I improve my grades and such.

be a good girlfriend to my new boyfriend.

Be a good friend

Be a friend to myself

Acheive my grades this year

and do what I say i will

Be more selfish, been looking after other people for to long, this year its about me and doing thigs I want to do.

Never thought about it actually.

My main target is to excercise more.

Get more independent.

Stop p'ing off my family.

Get more money.

Get myself better grades at college- handing work in on time.