Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Re-discovering Enterprise

I know I'm a couple of seasons behind with my DVD buying but I recently picked up Enterprise's second season DVD set with gift cards I recieved for Christmas. I must say that I'm really enjoying these episodes, and at times even laugh..It had been a while since I had seen these..Of course I was very much looking forward to 'Minefield' and 'Carbon Creek'..I always liked those episodes and I see myself having the same reaction thru the rest of the episodes of this season..

Do you all have the same reaction when watching these Enterprise episodes..That they really are good and enjoyable to watch?

The second season had a lot of really unappreicated episodes in my opinion. It starts out great with Shockwave II, Carbon Creek, Minefield and Dead Stop. The next few are a mixed bag with A Night in Sickbay (which may have the most unfortunate acronym of any episode), Marauders, Vanishing Point and Singularity really the low lights of the season with The Seventh, The Communicator, and Precious Cargo being slightly better.

After that it is a run of fantastic episodes: The Catwalk, Dawn, Stigma, Cease Fire, Future Tense, Canamar, The Crossing, Judgment, Horizon, The Breach (this one is great and it really flies under the radar), Cogenitor, Regeneration, First Flight, Bounty, and finally The Expanse (in retrospect I think this episode and The Xindi should have switched names).

I really am loving the DVD collections (I have all of Enterprise now), just today I was watching Cogenitor (I'm slightly behind) and I spotted "Bride of Chaotica!" on the list of movies Trip is choosing from. Or course, all the rest of the movies seem to be made up except for The Day The Earth Stood Still.

You said it. The other day I was re-watching Fusion when the beauty of the lighting struck me, it looked as if still characters were hand painted! And the colors were used reminiscently of TOS only more muted. It was then I realized; we don't only have 4 seasons of ENT, now we have 7 of TOS.