Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Peldor Joi

What's the correct spelling for this greeting used in celebration of the Bajoran Gratitude Festival? STF's banner up there has it spelled Peldar Joi. But in the Star Trek Encyclopedia and on the site 'Memory Alpha' it is spelled Peldor Joi. The term is not listed at StarTrek.com that I could find..

Anybody know??

In the script, and on the subtitles of the episode 'Fascination,', it's spelled Peldor Joi. Evidence is mounting for Peldor Joi.

You have access to a script Indy? That's cool..Seems to me that Peldor Joi is the correct spelling or the spelling most sources use..

I have all the scripts of DS9 and TNG on CDRom. There is a disclaimer on them, however, saying that they are shooting scripts and may not be exactly word-for-word because of changes made on the set. I don't think that would effect the spelling, though.

If I recall correctly, when I made the banner I watched the subtitles of 'Fascination' to make sure I had the correct spelling. That's been a couple of years ago now though so I'm not positive on that. I do remember looking into how to spell it though.

I just checked out the subtitles on the 'Fascination' DVD I have and they do spell it peldor joi. That and the Star Trek Encyclopedia as well as the 'Memory Alpha' website plus Indy's scripts convinces me that's the correct spelling..So that's what I'll go with..

I like that picture of Kira...

436B.jpg

That's one of the reasons I used it in the banner.

STF's banner up there has it spelled Peldar Joi.

I just realized that I had the wrong one up. I made 2 and corrected the spelling on the 2nd one, now I can't find the correct one that I thought I was using... this will drive me crazy till I find it now. :)

Ahhh, that's explains the error..Hope you find the other banner..It is a great pic of Kira..Trekcore made their DS9 screencaps available for Christmas so I downloaded a bunch of pics..

Ahhh, that's explains the error..Hope you find the other banner..It is a great pic of Kira..Trekcore made their DS9 screencaps available for Christmas so I downloaded a bunch of pics..

I have a back-up of all the banners PSD files on a DVD someplace, I just have to find it. I'll search it out once I get all of last week's NFL games off my TiVo's and onto DVD.