Stephen of Borg

Do You Speak With An Accent?

Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Accent?

• yes
    • no
    • other

Even though I put no some people say I've a Accent ( in this case though I figure I have a German accent ) since Europe (West Germany is where my mom and her 2 brothers-My Uncles came from).

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

I've been accused of speaking with several accents, sometimes during the same conversation.

Multiple personalities??? :laugh:

Southern girl here... and it's not a sweet, Scarlett O'Hara thing...more like a watered-down Loretta Lynn thing. Think the 'meow' interlude in Super Troopers. It comes out more when I'm mid-rant.

I've actually uttered the sentence "I'd cuss him 'till a fly won't light on him."...good frickin god.

Oh, I also have a touch of Valley girl...I say things like "Oh my GAWD!" and "I know, right?" and "Whatev".

Edited by Dabo Queen

Southern girl here... and it's not a sweet, Scarlett O'Hara thing...more like a watered-down Loretta Lynn thing. Think the 'meow' interlude in Super Troopers. It comes out more when I'm mid-rant.

I've actually uttered the sentence "I'd cuss him 'till a fly won't light on him."...good frickin god.

Oh, I also have a touch of Valley girl...I say things like "Oh my GAWD!" and "I know, right?" and "Whatev".

Sounds good to me. :laugh:

I've been told I have a New York accent, and later on it turned into a Bostonian accent. But the strange thing is I have lived in Northern California for most of my life, never been to New York, and was only in Boston once for a conference.

Does Alaska have enough people to have it's own accent?

Yeah :laugh: From what alaskans have told me, i have an accent like the Eskimo and Inuits that live their. I have been there and i just don't hear an accent.

Inuit, eh?

That is a rather weird accent for people to attribute to my Milwaukee boy. But then, I have what I like to call the hillbilly speak, so I can't judge anyone else. :laugh:

Inuit, eh?

That is a rather weird accent for people to attribute to my Milwaukee boy. But then, I have what I like to call the hillbilly speak, so I can't judge anyone else. :lol:

I have always liked Southern accents. I find them very ........cute :laugh:

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

When I get worked up, I can fall back on the typical Baltimoron accent.

"Hey Hon, we're all goin to de oshun. Come along, why don'tcha!"

I'm Italian. Some people said to me that I have a Venetian accent, perhaps because my mother comes from Venetium...

Personally, I don't understand very well the American accent. I prefer British accent, better if it is of London.

but I'm stranger, it doesn't matter what are my opinions...

:laugh:

Edited by star_rose

NOT TRUE Star Rose your opinons matter a very very lot. That is why we read and post to explore other opinions and the people that come with them. Thank you for yours. :laugh:

Us English don't all talk like the queen.

About 80% talk slang now we use a lot of Australian words and French words together.

Interesting read. Everyone should upload a sample of thier voice, if they have that ability.

I have no idea how I would do that.

Interesting read. Everyone should upload a sample of thier voice, if they have that ability.

It's simple if you have a lasar mouse.

1. Go to the thread in question (this one)

2. Start a new post

3. Type "Attach Audio"

4. Hold the Alt-Shitf-Control keys down.

5. Pick up the lasar mouse and speak into it.

6. Post your posting and there you go

It's simple if you have a lasar mouse.

1. Go to the thread in question (this one)

2. Start a new post

3. Type "Attach Audio"

4. Hold the Alt-Shitf-Control keys down.

5. Pick up the lasar mouse and speak into it.

6. Post your posting and there you go

You are such a snot. :biggrin:

I'm sure I have some sort of accent but heck if I know what exactly. I've lived in California and Arizona for most of my life but I've also lived in Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and New Mexico