Stephen of Borg

Do You Speak With An Accent?

Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Accent?

• yes
    • no
    • other

I was just wondering, how many here have an accent? I have a little Southern USA accent since I have lived in Georgia all my life. If I had to compare to what my accent sounds like, I guess the closest to me would be Trip on ENT.

My accent isn't as bad as those on Blue Collar TV and Foxworthy is from Georgia too. I'm just glad it isn't that thick :assimilated:

so what kind of accent do you have if any?

I am from Buffalo, New York. I was born and rised there. So I was told my accent is very strong.

I suppose living in Baltimore all of my life has made me somewhat of a Bawlamoron...lol.

We have a unique way of speaking here. Books have been written on it.

Example:

See ya Hon, I'm goyn downy osun

Translation:

Goodbye, I'm going down to the ocean.

Yes, I know.......we are weird.....

:assimilated:

Yes, VBG.

I have no idea what mine would be considered. I lived in different places while growing up. Probably a combination of Boston, Maryland and Southeastern Pennsylvania.

MB, Whats that aboot?!

I'm Frum Pittsburgh, Pittsburghese Yinz should come on up n' sit doun and have a Primanti's Samitch n' At

New England. If I ask you for a quarter, what you'll hear is, "Ey, guy, do you 'ave a quatah?" Well, that's the closest spelling I could get, anyway...

*Listens to Kevin's Accent*

I like American accents :assimilated: We had a American/ Canadian computer teacher back at school.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

People tell me I do. I get asked where I'm from a lot (especially over the phone).

My dad was from southern Louisiana and had a thick accent. My mom was from the Arkansas Ozarks, and had that regions' accent. My own is a combination of the two.

If I spread it on real thick I can make myself dang near incomprehensible (like Boomhauer on King of the Hill).

I used to do that a lot at School to substitute teachers, just so they wouldn't call on me for anything. :assimilated:

MB, Whats that aboot?!

I'm Frum Pittsburgh, Pittsburghese Yinz should come on up n' sit doun and have a Primanti's Samitch n' At

:assimilated: I have no clue. I don't quite say aboot. I think it's because my Dad and his family are from England, and the neighborhood my Grandparents lived in was heavily Cornish. I think it's just a small something that reminds people of Canada.

Yes, VBG.

I have no idea what mine would be considered. I lived in different places while growing up. Probably a combination of Boston, Maryland and Southeastern Pennsylvania.

I do not know.. I never noticed you having an accent when we talked on voice chat.

In my case, I swear I do not have an accent but so many people have said I sound "foreign" in some manner. Mostly they say I sound like I have a mild Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, or German accent... which is not a worry for me since those are all in my ancestry. Some say I sound slightly Russian too.

None of my family seems to have an accent, at least IMHO. Mom's side of the family are mainly from Wisconsin, and my dad is originally from New York (my grandfather on his side was from Norway). Well occasionally mom will say something that actually has made people say "You're from Wisconsin arent you?"

Edited by Yillara_Skye

After spending the first seven years of my life in germany i got quite a strong german accent but then since i moved to england 10 years ago it sort of sounds like a mix of german and North East England (Not many people understand me)

Va Beach Guy...I listened to you (first I thought you sounded a lot like Worf :assimilated:) & notice just a little twang.

I have a mixture of accents from several states I've lived in (plus I had to take lessons to rid myself of one of them many years ago so I could do my job).

GAH!

VBG has a weird accent!!!!

GAH!!!

I'm gonna get myself banned for saying that!!!!

GAH!!!!

I shouldn't have said that!

No-one speaks without an accent. Everyone has their own specil one. I have some weird southern-english-american accent that I made for meself.

I am told I speak with a Bostonian accent even though I never visited Boston until I was 35.

GAH!

GAH!!!

GAH!!!!

What is wrong with GAH?

Va Beach Guy...I listened to you (first I thought you sounded a lot like Worf :P) & notice just a little twang.

GAH!

GAH!!!

GAH!!!!

Awww come on guys, VaBeachGuy ‘s got a nice accent in my opinion. :) . I like it. I like all Amercian-like accents, I think they’re cool.

We’re forgetting something here…he’s the coolest admin around and the best site I’ve ever seen. No nice comments, no STF.net! :)

I'm just not used to US accent's

They scare me

:)

Ay? Y- you are American, right?