Stephen of Borg

Do You Speak With An Accent?

Accents  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Accent?

• yes
    • no
    • other

I voted Yes :) :P Born and rised in the North (Philadelphia, PA) and living in the South. Get caught evertime I open my mouth...

:) Don't be offended! I didn't mean too! :P

LOL, only jokin!

:)

*Sighs* Good. :) I was expecting the moderators to kick my *buttocks* again...

*Looks at AE and laughs* I remembered!

Sorry, I was just joking that he sounded like Worf (as Worf was the other voice I heard when I listened to the audio clip) & by 'little twang' I meant sort of a bit of a Southern accent.

xXTrekkieCaraXx QUOTE(athena28 @ Dec 22 2005, 02:41 AM)

Va Beach Guy...I listened to you (first I thought you sounded a lot like Worf ) & notice just a little twang.

xXTrekkieCaraXx QUOTE

Awww come on guys, VaBeachGuy ‘s got a nice accent in my opinion. . I like it. I like all Amercian-like accents, I think they’re cool.

We’re forgetting something here…he’s the coolest admin around and the best site I’ve ever seen. No nice comments, no STF.net!

I have 3. I'm a native Californian, but we lived in Texas for 4 years, and Long Island for 16 months, so I have a "CaliTexIsland" accent. Very few people believe me when I tell them I was born in California. :)

Sorry, I was just joking that he sounded like Worf (as Worf was the other voice I heard when I listened to the audio clip) & by 'little twang' I meant sort of a bit of a Southern accent.

I'm not offended in the least, no need to apologize at all. I've lived south of the Mason-Dixon my entire life, I've only gone north of it a few times in my lifetime so having a bit of a southern accent is only natural.

supposedly yes. back when i was in school a teacher said " we have an accent, we just don't notice it." it had something with how we say certain words or something. plus i'm okay at faking other accents.

tm

*Hears loud meowing by the door and gets up to pick up her cat*

I'm no good with faking accents although I've been known to speak a bit American sometimes, mostly picked up from the comedy "Friends".

Neither am I any good at telling what they are. Are any of you guys able to do this?

*Holds her cat like a toddler*

I would say that I have an eastern Kentucky/eastern Tennessee accent. It's quite strong, but not really "southern" ... much more harsh than that and nasally.

Very much like Loretta Lynn, I think. If you've ever seen Coal Miner's Daughter, that will give you a pretty good idea of what I sound like.

It's funny because I never lived in Eastern Kentucky, but my mom's family is from there. I grew up immersed in that accent from the time I was an infant what with my grandparents and aunts/uncles. I find that it really comes to the front when I'm riled up about something.

I hold a B.A. but nothing get's your point across like a good old-fashioned and well-placed "ain't."

Edited by gul_nodrog

EVERYONE has an accent of some kind. I have the classic midwestern nasal twang.

I suppose I have a typical Baltimoron accent......... :lol:

Edited by Kor37

I've just heard MrPsychic on Yahoo he called my modem. I couldn't talk back I didn't have a microphone; how I recorded my voice was on my laptop and transferring it over on my pen drive. I expected him to sound like VBG. He was in fact the total opposite of what I thought. Nice voice. :dude:

Here's a point Alterego brought up...anyone notice an accent between our posts?

French was my first language, but I do not have a French accent.

I lived in southern America all my life, but I do not have a southern accent.

I recently moved to midwestern America and people told me they detect a hint of the south in my sister's voice, but not mine. As far as I can tell, I do not really have one, or at least not a standard, recognizable one.

I really don't know...

Americans think I have a bit of a Canadian accent, but in Canada they think I have a slight American accent!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

OI!!! OI!!! OI!!!

I was just arguing with my boyfriend a few weeks ago about whether or not all people from Australia run around saying that all the time (after he went to a concert of The Living End, of course...). He tried to tell me they did, and I disagreed...

...but I'm beginning to think he was right!

Shhh... Don't tell him. :welcome:

Well, some people did vote 'no.'

I voted 'no' - my English sounds like the standard 'news anchor' English.

Just like my mum, I have a Birkenhead (very similar to Scouse) accent, but when I'm speaking to important people, speak like the Queen :biggrin: