Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ktrek

Star Trek Books Reading Club

Guest Ktrek

Hey guys,

I want to invite everyone to come and join the Star Trek Reading Club. I think we will be reading one book a month. There are about 30 titles suggested for the first book and polls are now being conducted to determine what our very first book will be. If you like to read Star Trek, been curious about Star Trek books and didn't know where to start, or just want to escape into your favorite scifi universe, then please come and join. We would like to have as many readers to discuss their opinions about the books as possible. We even have some Star Trek authors on board! I think this will be a very fun and enjoyable group! Here is the link:

Star Trek Reading Club

Ktrek

Hi!

This sounds like a great idea. A group I'm looking forward to joining.

Could you give me a little more detail on this idea.

By the way, this is a great idea. :laugh:

Guest Ktrek

KayTroi,

I'm not sure that I can give you any more details but I'll tell you what I know. This is a Yahoo group and as such you have to follow the link in my previous post and sign up and join the group. You can have individual emails sent to you or you can recieve a daily digest. The actual readings have not started yet as we are trying to vote as to which book will be our first read. We hope to be able to read at least one book a month. Once you join the group you can access the polls from the front page of the groups website. Vote for whatever books you think you would like to read. This round you can vote on as many titles as you want to be included in the next round. The winners will be in a runoff round. If you join the group you will not be accepted immediately as any new members must be approved by the list owner to keep spammers out. It should only take a day or less for your approval. I have never been part of a reading club but I think it will be alot of fun having eveyone reading the same books and being able to discuss different aspects of the books. It will also be neat to hear other peoples perspectives since all of us view and read things differently. I'm hoping there will be plenty of room for thought. Come join us. If you find at some point that your life is too busy you can pass on a book or even unsubscribe although we hope that you will just stay on until you can join in the conversations again.

Ktrek