Sign in to follow this  
athena28

'The Last Outpost'

I noticed, in this ep., the Ferengi use phaser-like whips & wear fur vests. I don't recall seeing them again. Does anyone else know where they might've seen them in any other eps.?

Those phaser whips were probably never used again because their plan of the Ferengi being serious Federation enemies fell thru with that episode..I like the way the Ferengis ended up being portrayed..Not as tough guys at all..

Thanks, Takara_Soong.

You're prob. right, ST. The Fed. did have tons of really nasty villains so I guess the Ferengi didn't need to be that way as well.

That episode certainly dispelled them as a worthy enemy. They came across as quite weak, immoral and a little too single-minded (even for Ferengi). Enjoyable episode all the same.

That episode certainly dispelled them as a worthy enemy. They came across as quite weak, immoral and a little too single-minded (even for Ferengi). Enjoyable episode all the same.

I agree. The PTB said the Ferengi came off as too comical to be considered a threat. At least they were able to capitalize on the comedy aspect while still making them a well-rounded species overall.

I noticed, in this ep., the Ferengi use phaser-like whips & wear fur vests. I don't recall seeing them again. Does anyone else know where they might've seen them in any other eps.?

The fur vests were seen again in the battle but they had been replaced with the dull-green uniforms by the time of "Peak Performance." That episode portrayed the Ferengi as adversaries but only because they were able to capitalize on suprise.

::whispers:: Yankee trader...