Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Proof the Lunar Landings happened

There are people that believe that the lunar landings never happened in the late 60's and early 70's.

Well there's photographic proof that at least 1 landing did take place. In the late 90's a probe was sent into space that was called Clementine. It orbited the moon for some time taking pictures, in a series of the pictures the landing site for Apollo 15 has been located. Check out the site below for details, also comparethe picture from Clementine and the picture taken in the early 70's with a map of the traverse of Apollo 15.

h_apollo_site_02.jpg

A15site_traverses.jpg

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/missi...tos_010427.html

:lol: That is Cool. :laugh: Do they think that , that trench was a river at one time? :lol:

That's Hadley Rille, they believe it was a river of sorts. Not like a river here on earth of course but a river of flowing lunar lava. Hadley Rille was one of the features that attracted Apollo 15 to that site. That along with the Appinine Mountains.

This was the site that the oldest moon rock to be brought back to Earth was found. It was dubbed the "Genisis Rock" because it is believed to be as old as the moon itself.

This was also the first mission to carry with them the Lunar Rover, a somall electric powered car. Three of which were taken to the moon. (Apollo 15, 16 and 17).

I think we won't really know for sure until someone else goes there.

Neil Armstrong quotes " Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies "

While I am not one that believes we did not go to the moon but I remember an odd thing about some of the live TV coverage I watched; There was a shot being taken from one of the journeys away from the Lander in a rover, the words on the screen said LIVE FROM THE MOON but even at my young age I could see it was a film loop, the same images would parade by over and over. To this day that same footage is all that is EVER shown during all the documentaries done about the voyages.

I was sat on the fence for a long time about this subject, but I've now come down. I don't think that there ever was a man moon landing. I've studied film clips and come out on the side of the sceptics.

Flags blowing

Shadows all wrong

No blast area

A view showing a scene that was supposed to be 3 miles away, and it was identical to the one that was shown near the Lunar Module. Even the rocks were the same, and in the same place.

And crappy photos ! You would think that they would have taken the best camera's money can buy.

lollypop, the flag waving was becuase the guys hands where moving and thier is no friction where thier is no atmospere, how do you know the shadows are all wrong, it desant show the vector of the sun in any of the pictures, of couse there is no blast area, an engine that is pushing down on the moon makes dust push down, not blow out like on earth, the veiw that is three miles away could esaly be a doctored by a suppourter of the no landing theary, and it all photos are gonna be grainy when none of the suns radiation is blocked with no atmosphere.

The shadows .... rocks , lunar module, and other stuff. All the shadows were going in different directions, like they where under many arc lights.

There was no one standing near the flags when they were blowing.

I still think it was filmed at area 51 :laugh:

Stardate:213537.9

I remeber reading this article about the proof they had that no landing took place.I thought all the evidence the presented was pretty bad and i didnt really belive it.

The shadows .... rocks , lunar module, and other stuff. All the shadows were going in different directions, like they where under many arc lights.

Have to address the shadows issue. I saw the show I think you're talking about and I can tell you as a photographer that argument holds no water. The surface of the moon is reflective, the metal from the ship is reflective.... If I go into my studio right now and set up one main light and a bunch of reflectors you better believe the light going to be going in all sorts of directions. That's the point of reflectors, to shoot the light in a different direction when you don't have an extra lightsource. With that many reflective surfaces there's going to be weird shadows.

As for the flag, maybe they just put some wire in it. I mean somebody at NASA had to say "You know, if we go up there with a limp flag it's gonna look kinda dumb." You can go to any craft store and buy pretty wired ribbon for your packages, why not the flag too? There's obviously a rod at the top of it, that's very clear in the picture, I'm betting the bottom is wired. The folds in the star part of the flag are hanging down slightly, not blown crisp. If it was really being blown they wouldn't hang.

And crappy photos ! You would think that they would have taken the best camera's money can buy.

I own a Minolta SRT 101 from 1969. It's in near mint condition and was one of the top of the line cameras of that year. I've taken countless rolls of film with it in many different settings and believe me when I tell you there's only so good you can get. And that's using today's film. The technology, not to mention the film quality just wasn't as good as it is now. Not to mention the high contrast of the moon's surface is crappy lighting for photography. Besides, even with my passion for photography, if I were the first human to step foot on the moon I can tell you the last thing on my mind would be "I wonder if I've chosen the right F-stop for my shutter speed?" Todays camera's you turn it on and click. Then you had to focus, choose your f-stop & shutter speed to match your film's ISO. And try to do that in a way that won't wash out your bright areas or make the dark areas so dark you can't see detail. It's tricky, and they weren't professional photographers. That lighting would be hard for Ansel Adams to get right let alone some guy who takes the pics at the family BBQ.

Added by my sister: You know, if NASA was really going to fake it, they wouldn't have made it stand out straight at all. Wind is created by atmospheric reactions and interactions. The moon has no atmosphere. So if this organization full of scientists is really going to fake a moon landing, you think they'd have made such a basic mistake as that?

Good point sis. :laugh:

Click for Spoiler:

moonflag.jpg

Have to address the shadows issue. I saw the show I think you're talking about and I can tell you as a photographer that argument holds no water. The surface of the moon is reflective, the metal from the ship is reflective.... If I go into my studio right now and set up one main light and a bunch of reflectors you better believe the light going to be going in all sorts of directions. That's the point of reflectors, to shoot the light in a different direction when you don't have an extra lightsource. With that many reflective surfaces there's going to be weird shadows.

As for the flag, maybe they just put some wire in it. I mean somebody at NASA had to say "You know, if we go up there with a limp flag it's gonna look kinda dumb." You can go to any craft store and buy pretty wired ribbon for your packages, why not the flag too? There's obviously a rod at the top of it, that's very clear in the picture, I'm betting the bottom is wired. The folds in the star part of the flag are hanging down slightly, not blown crisp. If it was really being blown they wouldn't hang.

I own a Minolta SRT 101 from 1969. It's in near mint condition and was one of the top of the line cameras of that year. I've taken countless rolls of film with it in many different settings and believe me when I tell you there's only so good you can get. And that's using today's film. The technology, not to mention the film quality just wasn't as good as it is now. Not to mention the high contrast of the moon's surface is crappy lighting for photography. Besides, even with my passion for photography, if I were the first human to step foot on the moon I can tell you the last thing on my mind would be "I wonder if I've chosen the right F-stop for my shutter speed?" Todays camera's you turn it on and click. Then you had to focus, choose your f-stop & shutter speed to match your film's ISO. And try to do that in a way that won't wash out your bright areas or make the dark areas so dark you can't see detail. It's tricky, and they weren't professional photographers. That lighting would be hard for Ansel Adams to get right let alone some guy who takes the pics at the family BBQ.

Added by my sister: You know, if NASA was really going to fake it, they wouldn't have made it stand out straight at all. Wind is created by atmospheric reactions and interactions. The moon has no atmosphere. So if this organization full of scientists is really going to fake a moon landing, you think they'd have made such a basic mistake as that?

Good point sis. :laugh:

Click for Spoiler:

moonflag.jpg

Wow! Great points RikerChick!

I may not have been born until 1980, but I have been a fan of space exploration most of my life...I have seen these pictues and films...they really...well RC, you put it best. And my mom is a commercial artist, she'd agree with you completely, I am pretty sure of that!

lollypop, the reason the flag was waving is that thier is no friction in the moons atmosphere so even after the guy lets go the slightist vibrations from his hands are gonna cause movement that will last a very long time.

Have you ever watched any of the footage from Apollos 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17? And if this were all fake why make it look like Apollo 13 was nearly doomed to death? That almost killed the program, why not fake their landing also rather then have a "Failure" on the records?

To toe point of lousy photos and flags flying:

Here's an up close photo of the Apollo 17 flag with Harrison Schmitt:

Click for Spoiler:

Apollo171.jpg

As you can see there is a pole across the top of the flag to hold it out to seem to wave in the "Breeze". If you look closely at the flag you will notice how it doesn't fall completely moonward. It is kind of sticking up in places. That's because the moon only has 1/6th gravity and the flag had almost no weight with such little gravity pulling down on it.

Also how would you explain the experiment done on Apollo 15 where Col Dave Scott took a hammer and a feather. Held them both at arms length and dropped them at the same time. On earth the hammer would hit the ground while the feather floated to the ground. On the moon with no atmosphere to give the feather resistance they both hit the lunar surface at the same time.

The pictures I have seen are very clear and excellent pictures.

Click for Spoiler:

Apollo172.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Apollo1711.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Apollo1726.jpg

True Apollo 11 had a lousy BW camera for their TV shot but their still cameras were excellent. (The above photos were Apollo 17).

Here's a picture of the Apollo 11 flag, I again point out how the flag does not fall completely moonward.

Click for Spoiler:

astflag.jpg

I have found what I believe to be a source for some of your confusion. If this is not one of the sites you have visited please correct me.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3543/apia.htm

First of all this site is using extremely low-res photos. Nasa has some super quality Hi-Res photos available that could have been used if the webmaster wanted you to see the truth.

The vanishing antenna

Look at the 2 hires pics. In the second one you can just faintly see the antenna, with the right lighting and the right angle it wouldn't even show up on the film seemingly vanishing. Anyone that's taken pictures in odd lighting situations knows how these things affect the final picture.

Click for Spoiler:

as11_40_5903.jpg

Here's another of the series where Buzz is kind of turned and looking at the camera. Notice that antenna?

Click for Spoiler:

as11_40_5875.jpg

Lets look closer at the first picture. I saved the rires pic and expanded it and this is what I see, you may have to save this to your computer and then magnify it but look where I am pointing in red:

Click for Spoiler:

buzz2.jpg

Also to show how the angle, distance of the camera and lighting can make things seem to vanish look at this one:

Click for Spoiler:

buzz.jpg

Look closely where the arrows are pointing, you can faintly see the blur of white where the "missing" antenna is.

You also have to take into account the time of lunar day, which would have been early morning just as the sun is coming up in the sky. This way it would not be too hot, also take into account that there is no atmosphere when trying to judge distances in the background or the fall of shadows.

There's other points in the photos where this person claims to see doctoring in the pictures but the hires photos destroy his whole case. I don't have time to post them now but if you wish I will complete the pictures later. Or you can view many of them here:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/

Something else I just thought of looking at those pics. If they had a fan or something blowing the flag wouldn't the dust/sand be blown around too? It's not being disturbed at all.

Something else I just thought of looking at those pics. If they had a fan or something blowing the flag wouldn't the dust/sand be blown around too? It's not being disturbed at all.

True, and when you look at the video as opposed to the still photos you can really see by the Flag that it isn't acting as if it is in normal gravity. You can also tell by the motion og the moon walkers that they are not in normal gravity either. When they bounce along they go into the air for a couple of long seconds before coming back to rest on the lunar surface. The distance they are able to jump also wouldn't happen here on Earth in normal gravity. Look how far off the ground John Young is in this picture (He's Jumping straight up while saluting the flag and is about 4 or 5 feet off the lunar surface):

Click for Spoiler:

Apollo169.jpg

He does this jump twice, and you can see on the video of it that it can't be in normal gravity.

As far as shadowing goes, in all of the pictures I've seen (and posted here) they all look normal to me. The surface of the moon looks different in the pictures with different types of rocks as well.

Also take into consideration the rocks that were brought back, samples have been sent all around the world for study and there is a complete lack of water in all of them. In every single earth rock that is studied water is found, without exception. Not with the Moon Rocks though.

I was just watching video of the Apollo 15 moon walks, there is an extensive video collection available online at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/video15.html#eva1prep

If you scroll down to the section named The Dreaded Station 8 and watch the 3rd video (2 minutes 50 seconds) you will see Jim Irwin digging a hole in the lunar surface. Look closely at him as he does it. You will notice he is using a small scoop with one hand and he is scooping the dirt and flinging it between his legs behind him. Watch the dirt as it soars. Anyone that has dug into the earth and flung the dirt will know that the dirt did not fly that far away from where you were digging. The dirt Col Irwin is flinging though is soaring a good 10 to 15 feed behind him and that seems to be with very little effort by him. This would indicate a very low gravity field... say maybe in the range of 1/6th of Earth's gravity...

I'm watching the next video now and you can see how the dirt floats. That's not how dirt would act on Earth.

Great link! I got caught up in exploring that one, a real gold mine. A point relevant to this thread; it is very telling when they discover they cannot do something the same as they would on Earth and their conversations reflect the learning processes necessary to doing a task in the reduced gravity.

Great link! I got caught up in exploring that one, a real gold mine. A point relevant to this thread; it is very telling when they discover they cannot do something the same as they would on Earth and their conversations reflect the learning processes necessary to doing a task in the reduced gravity.

That is a great site for the Apollo 15 videos, but for all of the videos and audio as well go to the main site here:

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/frame.html

Thanks, I have it bookmarked and plan to use it to catch up on all the history those missions represented.

There's supposed to be a DVD set coming out sometime that has all of the video and film from all of the Moon missions on them. That should be quite interesting since the last few missions were on the moon for up to 3 days.

Thanks, I have it bookmarked and plan to use it to catch up on all the history those missions represented.

There's supposed to be a DVD set coming out sometime that has all of the video and film from all of the Moon missions on them. That should be quite interesting since the last few missions were on the moon for up to 3 days.

:bow: It's about time, that's even better I will wait for it. I hope they include every minute of footage from the Moon. No doubt they will each cost an arm and a leg but I gotta have them!

:bow: It's about time, that's even better I will wait for it. I hope they include every minute of footage from the Moon. No doubt they will each cost an arm and a leg but I gotta have them!

Not only would I want all of the footage but they also have audio of every minute of the missions. I would even want that as well, hear what they talked about when they weren't on TV.

There is absolutly no doubt in my mind that man walked on the moon.I just laugh at people that say we didn't. And I know for sure that Alan Shepard is the first man to hit a golf ball on the moon. I watched every moon mission as it was televised and was captivated by the whole expeirence.

Yes we have walked on the moon,my only question now is when will we go back?

Well yeah, I would require sound to. Kevin, are you familiar with NASA TV? Check it out here...

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/nasatv/index.html

Right now they are covering Space Station events LIVE, whenever a shuttle mission is underway they offer live coverage from a couple hours before lift-off straight through till and for a few hours after touchdown.

Well yeah, I would require sound to. Kevin, are you familiar with NASA TV? Check it out here...

Right now they are covering Space Station events LIVE, whenever a shuttle mission is underway they offer live coverage from a couple hours before lift-off straight through till and for a few hours after touchdown.

I used to get the NASA TV but haven't had it for several years. I loved it when they played the old tapes of Apollo and Sky Lab and all that.

I used to get the NASA TV but haven't had it for several years. I loved it when they played the old tapes of Apollo and Sky Lab and all that.

Well The Shuttle and Space Station have moved into the forfront of coverage but you can still catch re-runs of the Good Old Days.

Our cable company stopped carrying the feed from NASA about two years ago; I was very disappointed at that action. After I got the net I was happy to find out I could watch it anytime I wanted at the above link.

i don't care what anyone says, there was no moon landing and there never will be

ooookay......And would you like to present your case or is that it? really.gif

i don't care what anyone says, there was no moon landing and there never will be

The proof is there, the landers are there and the pictures show it. Even an independent study found the Apollo 15 landing site. TO think there was no landing is just naive.

Have you ever watched video of the landings?

I have allso faithfully beleaved that we made it to the moon and VABG's reasoning is very sound. I am allso of the opinion of Why the hell Fake the Apolo 13 desaster.

Next stop Mars.