Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Proof the Lunar Landings happened

Everyone in my family firmly believes in  NASA and stuff like that-- as I type, I'm running seti@home in the background (aargh! Only 8.850%...).

roguedawg-- what about the shuttle Columbia? What did she think of that?

As for the radiation shielding necessary to get anywhere-- well, look at it this way. A few decades ago, you could have described the Internet and been told that it was scifi.

Believe it or not,she called it a publicity stunt.Now,don't go and say anything nasty about my mama.....she's just a bit odd. :spock:

There is absolutly no doubt in my mind that man walked on the moon.I just laugh at people that say we didn't. And I know for sure that Alan Shepard is the first man to hit a golf ball on the moon. I watched every moon mission as it was televised and was captivated by the whole expeirence.

Yes we have walked on the moon,my only question now is when will we go back?

I agree with this statement 100%. My whole family was up July 20, 1969 watching Neil Armstrong take those first steps. I have scrapbooks from that era.

I do not understand all the discusion about the flag. They had wire in the flag--period. They said it at the time...even the news anchors knew that.

Do you realize how many people would have to be involved to perpetrate a hoax, a continuing hoax, of this magnitude? That many people could not be kept in line.

The movie Capricorn One was mentioned. Capricorn One was realistic because they had to kill off the astronauts (except James Brolin got away in the end and made a dramatic appearance at the memorial service honoring him and his comrades.). If that kind of deception were going on in reality they would have had to kill off people.

More telling movies were Apollo 13 and The Dish. Apollo 13 shows the level of ingenuity it took to bring the Apollo 13 astronauts home. The Dish was about the Australian radio telescope used in tracking Apollo 11, that was responsible for sending the live moonwalk pictures to back to earth. They were telling becuase they show real struggle, real challenge, humanity, and triumph

involved in the manned moon missions.

How unfortunate that one of the few great endeavors of mankind is not even real to some people!

How unfortunate that one of the few great endeavors of mankind is not even real to some people!

HERE, HERE :lol: what does it say when one of our most triumphet moments in history is so scrutinised, and not beleived by so many people that just want to see any and all bad in humanity. there is enough bad there without trying to make more.