Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

More Movie Rumors

Here's the new strain of rumors about the new movie

Harry Knowles website Aintitcool.com claims that William Shatner and Patrick Stewart are going to return for Star Trek 11 set in the mirror universe.

According to the rumor the story may also include Archer and be based on the eNTERPRISE episode Shatner was to guest star in.

It seems the prequel idea is out the window.

I've said it a million times. The best way to bring people back to Star Trek is to have their most popular character (Kirk) retrun. Anything else won't do.

KIRK LIVES = STAR TREK LIVES

from Scifi.com

Kirk To Return In Mirror Trek?

The Canmag.com Web site reported a rumor that William Shatner is one of the former Star Trek captains who would appear in a proposed new Trek movie set in the "mirror" universe. Citing an anonymous source, the site reported that a script is floating around for a proposed new movie that would bring together Shatner's Capt. James T. Kirk, Patrick Stewart's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard and possibly Scott Bakula's Capt. Jonathan Archer. The movie would be a prequel film set in the evil parallel universe first introduced in the original Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror" and last scene in the Star Trek: Enterprise two-part episode "In a Mirror, Darkly."

Shatner was rumored to be up for a guest role in the last season of Enterprise, which ended in May, but never appeared. The site reported that the proposed film might incorporate elements of that episode as well.

Officially, Paramount has made no announcements about a future Trek movie of any kind, and cast and crew members have repeatedly said on the record that they know of no plans for a further installment in the venerable movie franchise.

I'd love this idea if it were true. There has never been a mirror movie, and bringing back Kirk, Picard and Archer! I'd be there first in line just to see the three again. I wouldn't mind if the movie was like this

Talk about a right turn...

The concept sounds interesting but I'd like to know more about how its all going to work.

But I'll see it no matter what.

Better than the prequel movie, but I still don't like this. 3 Enterprise captains from 100 years apart each and they're somehow warped into the same place at the same time, and it takes place in the Mirror universe of all places. The whole time travel plot is believable to a limit. The only way I can see this happening if it takes during what the mirror Generations would be like, when Kirk and Picard are together and are transported (maybe by the Nexus) back to the 22nd century.

If the only three established characters are Picard, Kirk and Archer then no. A movie featuring Picard without Data, Kirk without Spock and Archer without Trip just doesn't appeal to me. If they were to add other cast members then maybe I'd give it a chance.

This rumour is being shot down so fast. TrekToday is saying this:

Linda Park (Sato) is allegedly the primary source, though the reporting is via a reader who claims to know a stuntman who claims to know Park.

Now we all know how reliable information that comes from a friend of a friend of a friend is at the best of times so I would put very little stock in this rumour.

If its true, I'd watch it. If its not true, I'll just be happy watching STTMP through to STNEM all over again.

I am not a fan of the Mirror universe, so I wouldn't watch it. Star Trek ought to go forward, instead of re-hashing old ideas.

if you want to alienate casual Star-Trek Fans a Mirror universe movie is how to do it, so can I say box-office bomb if that would happen

Mirror Universe....good for t.v., not for Movies.

I like most of the Mirror universe episodes of DS9 (and of course TOS....didn't see the Enterprise ones). But I wouldn't be too interested in seeing a Mirror Universe movie. Or any Trek movie, to be honest. I say let it rest a while.