Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Blooper in "Carbon Creek"

I don't know if it's been pointed out before or not but I was just watching the episode "Carbon Creek", which is episode 2 of season 2. It's also one of my favorite episodes of Enterprise, it's a simple story but well written and acted. It also gives a great ending that leaves open the possibility for a great spin-off story.

Anyway, I was just watching it for the first time in about 2 years when I spotted a blooper. It's near the end when Maggie sees the money in in the glass jar on the bar. When she picks it up and looks at all of the cash I noticed that one of the $50's in the jar is a modern $50 that dates to at least 1997, the only problem is that the episode is set in 1959.

Here's a couple of pics where you can see the $50 in the jar...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I thought the $50 design didn't change much, like the $5s, $10s, and $20s did? I may be wrong though...

I tried looking up pictures of old 50s, but couldn't find any. Can anyone provide any?

I'll look around and see if I can find an image of the old $50's reverse but here's the 1997 $50 reverse:

50back.jpg

This is the reverse of the $1 bill:

one1b.gif

The old $50 is similar to an extent. The new $50 was a pretty big change from the old one and is easy to spot.

I'll keep trying to find an image of an old $50's reverse.

Wait... Didn't T'Pol's grandma come out of the patent office with bills in hand? Maybe we can see something better in that shot?

Wait... Didn't T'Pol's grandma come out of the patent office with bills in hand? Maybe we can see something better in that shot?

So far I haven't found the back of an old $50 but here's an old $20. The artwork is a little different from the $50 (the $20 has the White House while the $50 has the U.S. Capitol) but aside from the building the rest of the bill is pretty similar.

twentyback2.jpg

I've also made a short video clip of the part of the episode so you can see it in full rather then small vid caps.

_50.wmv

As for the money when she gets it, it only shows the front of the wad of bills though you can see the corner of the reverse of one of the $50's. If you know what you're looking for then you can see in this image that the corner of the reverse that we can see is of an old $50. So the only "blooper" is the $50 in the jar.

money.jpg

You're right, that's definitely and ERROR!!!! :dontgetit:

Here's another one, though it's more of a minor nitpick... Vulcans usually prefer order, but rather than place the roll of bills neatly into the jar, they're all randomly jammed in there. :blink:

You're right, that's definitely and ERROR!!!! :blink:

Here's another one, though it's more of a minor nitpick... Vulcans usually prefer order, but rather than place the roll of bills neatly into the jar, they're all randomly jammed in there. :dontgetit:

True, but maybe she mixed the money up to make it look like someone else put it in there or to make it look "uniform" with the rest of the other money... lol