Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

i've been inspired!

I love writing short horror stories, and I have written original stories that have recieved praise from many people. It has been a few months since I have written my last story but a new story has been wanting to come out for some time. Right now, it's a work in progress and mainly a rough draft. Things will be change and altered by the time I am finished and I'm currently just getting down the basic ideas of what I want and where I want my story to go. But in the mean time, I just thought I'd share a rough draft excerpt from my work in progress. Like I said, this is a rough draft and it will be altered and edited to sound and look better later on but for now it helps me remember where I am in the story and as I said, where I want to go in the future of the tale; But here is a small clip of the story so far to show you guys just a little of what I have been working on. Like I said, it's a work and progress and the end result won't be the same. It's in quotes

I guess it all started the day my parents decided to give me the name Requiem the day I was born. Then my path was set. A strange name always leads to a strange life and strange places. I’ve had a strange life and I’ve definitely been to some strange places. But no city I have ever seen or visited in my thirty two years of life have been any stranger then the town I live in now.

New Orleans, the city of sin and of the damned. Call it what you will, but it is home to me. I knew that from the first moment that I moved here. Now, call me non-superstitious or what have you, but I don’t believe in all that voodoo stuff this city is known for. I think it’s a bunch of mumbo jumbo non-sense. But I do love the legacy it has left on this fair town.

Then there’s Mardi Grass, the day when druken teens destroy themselves and the town while they attempt to elude the police. I live in the city but I can honestly say that I have never attend one Mardi Grass. Call me a party pooper or a man who knows how to avoid the crowds, but wild orgies have never really been my thing. Witches, **tches and beers oh my! New Orleans really can be summed up in these three things. Especially to those who have never actually have been here.

like I said, a work in progress and this story is all fiction so please don't be offended by anything in it

Edited by Gamera

Awesome, Gamera.

I used to love writing horror stories. All through high school I wrote stories that basically put me and my three best friends in George A. Romero's "Dead World", set here where we lived (so I could make use of familiar areas of town, like our underground gardens....which are spooky as heck, and claustrophobic).

I haven't written one of those stories since forever.....I really miss it, but don't have as much free time anymore (at least, quiet free time). Keep writing. Maybe one day (when your signing copies of your 30th best seller at Barnes & Noble) I can say "I knew you when..."

:angry:

That's so cool! I participated in national novel writing month and for that you have to write a 50,000 word novel. it doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not, so i thought it'd be funny to write down my friends' recollections of their day and throw it into a GIGO generator. here's some:

We studied housing commission flats in Hillside because one man gave us measuring their houses.

Neither did the normal world of Brighton.

It's great to be back.

Tis We greatly pity the people there.

East Melbourne people there.

East Melbourne people there.

East Melbourne people in Hillside because one man gave us a rude gesture as he drove past.

In legal studies I did nothing because we were given an oral test and Kat was just bored.

In ELS we were given an oral test and also I did nothing because Mr Hawthorn did nothing because Steph was next to me smiling In German we did German dancing for a To Kill a tirolian song about a boy and I kept saying something that means good job.

In German we practised giving directions and I'm doing the lighting so I was just bored.

In Japanese we practised giving directions and I'm doing a dance to me smiling at me smiling at me smiling.

In legal studies I kept saying something that means good job.

In Japanese we talked about some issues from Gattaca.

It was just bored.

In German we prepared for a To Kill a To Kill a dance

My plate is brown based and has a fireproof place that has data stored in there.

In Geography Mr Keys yelled at some people for not filling our field work sheets.

Kate thinks that geography is green.

In drama people for not filling our field work sheets.

Kate thinks that geography is boring.

Ashi didn't like i My plate is brown based and Ashi didn't like i My plate is brown The person that Sarah is brown.

The person that is yellow on the plate and a house that geography is green.

Would you believe i went on like that for 50,000 words? :angry:

thanks everyone. :angry: I don't know how much I'll share of my story I'm working on, but I thought I'd give you guys a little more. This is the following paragraphs after what you read previously. It is still introducing who Requiem is and a little of his background, the real story hasn't started. It's just letting you know who he is

It has been nine years since my wife Nancy passed away. She is the only person I can say I truly loved. She was definitely the only thing that kept me sane. We met when we were both seventeen. We both were juniors who went to the same high school. She told me that the moment she first met me she knew that we would marry, of course I didn’t think so at the time. I was a typical teenager who was more concerned about finding the party to get wasted at rather than worrying about love and the future. Live for now, die tomorrow was the way I lived and Nancy never saw things that way. We would date every chance we had, but I never really thought it would lead anywhere…that is until we ended up attending the same college.

At college, we always met at the same place at the same time every day. 3:46 pm underneath the old oak tree at Saint Rivers Park across the stree from campus. She would just be getting out of class and I was just then arriving at the school for the night classes I would take since I worked during the day. We would love on each other for about ten minutes, just simply enjoying our company together, then she would tell me how classes were that day and I would tell her the thing that I have done. By 4:50 pm it was time to leave; her to her house since she didn’t live on campus and I would go to class. It went on like this for four years, and one day we met 3:46 pm as usual. But this time I could tell something was wrong.

With tears in her eyes she explained to me that during a routine check up at Dr. Baker’s office, they discovered that she had a rare form of blood disease.They also told her that at most, she only had a year to live. I couldn’t believe it. I knew that she was complaining about always having a headache and always feeling tired, but a top college can do that to any person. Needless to say I broke out in tears at the news. But she tried to comfort me and told me that it wasn’t anything that we really could have done. Something about it was one of the those diseases that is genetic and doesn’t show up in the test results until the disease is well established. Her telling me this didn’t make it any easier to hear. I couldn’t help but think of how much time I wasted. All of those years since I was seventeen and I could have done more to be with her. She knew the moment she met me that she wanted to be with me forever and I passed it off as nothing. Well, I wasn’t going to waste any more time.

Two days later I asked her to marry me. I explained to her what a fool I had been for not being there all of the years we have known each other and not giving all my time to her. She smiled and told me that even though I wasn’t with her all of those years physically, I was all she thought about and that was just as if I was. With that said, she quickly accepted my proposal. After she accepted, I gave her a golden engagement ring with the biggest diamond I could buy at Friedman’s, the local jewelry store.

She could believe that I would spend so much on her, but I told her that the price of this ring is only five cents compared to how much value you are to me. Then, for what seemed to be the seven greatest minutes of my life, we just held each other. She was crying and I have admit that I was too. The thought of her disease didn’t come to mind, it just felt so right that it was a shame that it took so long to get to the same conclusion.

We told both of our families the same day. Over the years, I have become friends with Nancy’s family. Her father was a construction worker, as blue collar as you could get but also the nicest man I have met in my entire life. Her mother was just as nice, only nicer. She was a stay-at-home mother who only had the best intentions of her daughter at heart. Nancy told me that her mother and father both cheered her on during her education both in regular school and in college. They were the inspiration and gave her the dream to study to become a doctor.

I’ll never forget the day that Nancy and I told her parents that we were going to be married.

once again, it's a work in progress still and I haven't edited much yet. just hope you guys like it and where I'm going

Nice, Gamera. The stories I write, though, aren't fit to be posted here.

You dirty, dirty girl, you. :angry:

No, seriously, I understand... The last story I wrote (which I'm trying to rewrite) isn't fit for these boards either. Way too violent. (What did one expect from a vampire story?)

Hey Gamera... I really like your story so far, I'd love to read more of it... just wanted to let you know that... :angry: