Sign in to follow this  
Krissy Phaserman

2005: Year of Odd Weather...

Okay, it's December 1st. In Chicago, as expected, there is snow on the ground. This is the first time, though, I've seen appreciable accumulation (If there was any last week, I missed it. I was out of town). Monday, though, it was in the 50's or 60's.

Let's move to the tropics: Epsilon. TS Epsilon is moving around the Atlantic. It is moving north and east, so for you snowbirds, It will miss the caribean.

as far as Tropical Storms and Hurricanes, this year set the record. And it's still expanding.

Across the midwest, November was much warmer than it normally is. For the first couple of weeks, Jackets were an option. During the last few weeks, a windbreaker worked most days. What the hell is going on with the weather?

I know, it has been odd here; snowing. It's nearly Christmas. Christmas. :laugh:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

the weather's really erratic at the moment, even for melbourne weather. yesterday it was 35 degrees celcius, and today there were thunderstorms and it was freeeeezing. we seem to be getting a disproportionate amount of thunderstorms for summer. earlier this year it snowed. SNOWED! it doesn't snow in melbourne! ever!

Edited by cassidy

i have to say that this week alone has been odd. started off with fifties and sixties and today have snow. so it'e been weird.

tm

They say it is just a cycle of bad weather that happens every so many years and that it looks worse as more people live by the sea so the destruction was alot worse than the last time the cycle came around. On the the creepy side of things it kind of makes you think about if this is the start of armageddon. I really don't think so I have to agree with the cycle thing.

I keep hoping all the hurricanes will encourage people to move away from Florida.:angry:

The changes are a result of the current global warming trend - whether the trend is natural or manmade.

I just recently read that the currents that carry warm air to Europe are changing so it it will be a little cooler in Europe in the next few years.

And there was a story I read somewhere about analyis of polar ice cores that indicated this is the warmest trend in thousands of years.

Oh! Great more rain! To much for me and my bones to handle.

(puting in ad here) Looking for a place to live where it is warm and 80% dry. :P

It has been a year of very strang weather, cycle, no not a cycle! I live in South Carolina and it ia the wets that any one can remember here. I have hear farmers complain because alot of crops went moldy on them. To much rain and according to them it has never happened in thier life time here or in thier parents for that matter. Hmmmm, maybe I need to move to higher ground. :angry:

TUH, I also read somewhere that the Polar Caps are actually the thickest they've been in several hundred years. I'm not sure Global Warming is entirely the fault of humanity, but may be part of the natural life cycle of Earth.

Jim Phaserman Posted Today, 04:32 PM

TUH, I also read somewhere that the Polar Caps are actually the thickest they've been in several hundred years. I'm not sure Global Warming is entirely the fault of humanity, but may be part of the natural life cycle of Earth.

Just to be clear - I never said one way or the other what was the cause of global warming - but I'd like to know where you read that about the polar ice caps because it is different from everything else I've read.

I keep hoping all the hurricanes will encourage people to move away from Florida.:(

*snicker* :( ^_^

Sorry... been a Floridian pretty much all but 2 years of my life. I do not dislike people coming to our state in fact a ton of the visitors are great people (some tourists need a reality check, but anyhow....) , but coming here building and then complaining when the storms come does not help me appreciate them much.

The weather is definately in a cycle.. and it is already predicted we are in for quite a few more bumpy hurricane seasons. It is a new cycle of high activity, and those last 20 to 30 years.