Okay, due to some concerns that have been brought to my attention I am forced to put some ground rules in place for the RPG's. I apologize for this but I feel it is necessary in order to allow everyone to enjoy the games.

1) Every attempt must be made to insure that the RPG is kept at least close to canon. (Some poetic license is permitted but be reasonable.)

2) Do not take over another member's character.

3) You are only permitted to play one character, unless approved by a mod in advance.

4) If you have chosen a character it is expected that you keep that character true to their established personalities.

5) You should also refrain from using ambiguous terminology like "technical marvel"

6) As the forums Mod I reserve the right to make additions to these rules at any time.

If these rules are broken it will be handled in the following manner.

1st Offense - You will be warned via PM.

2nd Offense - You will be given a second warning via PM.

3rd Offense - You will lose your privilege to participate in any RPG for one week.

4th Offense - You will lose your privilege to participate in the RPG's for one Month.

5th Offense - You will be given a choice of forfeiting you character's in all RPG's or being placed in queue.

6th Offense - You will automatically forfeit your characters in all RPG's.

Again, I am simply doing this to insure that everyone has the ability to participate equally.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Edited by ddillard

who controls the changes in the storyline?

The storyline is determined by the statements and actions of the individual characters, but I reserve the right to decide if the story line is productive and to make sure that it is following the above rules.

in my own opinion a rpg liek this based off the series and using the same crew members is very boring. a person cant creat there own charcter personality

in my own opinion a rpg liek this based off the series and using the same crew members is very boring. a person cant creat there own charcter personality

If you will take the time to read the other threads in the forum you will find that I have opened the forum up to non cannon RPG's and explained the rules for those.

If you will take the time to read the other threads in the forum you will find that I have opened the forum up to non cannon RPG's and explained the rules for those.

ok my bad

who controls the changes in the storyline?

The storyline is determined by the statements and actions of the individual characters, but I reserve the right to decide if the story line is productive and to make sure that it is following the above rules.

Very good point

When a person is banned from a RPG then, then sets out to destroy the person who started the RPG in the first place, how do you handle this? The person constantly is disrupting any new thread that person starts and talks about that person all over the boards in unrelated threads, like it's a smear campaign. What do you do about this kind of thing. It's been going on for weeks now with no signs that it's going to stop.

5)  You should also refrain from using ambiguous terminology like "technical marvel"

53296[/snapback]

What if the character's personality includes a degree of mystery, and some of the things he/she does could be refered to as a tachnical marvel (allowing, of course, that the "technical marvel" is open to explanation at a later time)?

i just read the RPG rules and it sounds like RPGs are actually going on in this forum but i dont see any?

That is what the forum is designed for, but it does not have alot of activity. If you want to start one please feel free to do so.

the rules said i cant and i dont usually start a topic but i would start it if it would be fun :sweatdrop:

does it have to be 24th century or something? and is there anything else i need to know?

Edited by Smith

You are permitted to start a thread for a RPG. The only rule is that it has to be trek related in some way, and cannot violate the board rules.

could it be based on a ship in crew already in star trek?

I'm not talking about a main ship like Voyager or the Defiant. a crew and ship thats only been in about 5 episodes or something :sweatdrop:

could it be based on a ship in crew already in star trek?

I'm not talking about a main ship like Voyager or the Defiant. a crew and ship thats only been in about 5 episodes or something :sweatdrop:

As long as it is trek related it is fine.