Sign in to follow this  
ThetaFive

assimilated

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which fate do you consider to be worse?

• To assimilated by the Borg.
    • To be killed by the Borg.

In one of my posts I asked this question before I realized it could be placed as a poll.

Sorry about the weird topic line. I discovered you can't put emoticons in the title and now can't change it.

Edited by ThetaFive

I'm not sure. To be assimilated sounds horrible to me, though, I mean, it's like an endless nightmare... and death - well, there'd at least be silence and not millions of voices in my head, so I'd choose death, I think. :( Weird question, but I find it interesting. :(

It is a tough decision weighing the pros and cons but I think it would be better to be assimilated then killed. That way you at least have a chance to fight back.

All you say here are good arguments, but I have to say that the worst fate is to be assimilated by the Borg. :( :(

:)

Guest Voyager

Tough one, considering that some people are saved, like 7 of 9, and there was unimatrix zero, which gave them some individuality, but in most cases, I would say the process of being assimilated is much worse than death. Especially since, the Borg don't generally go in for totrure, as it would be mainly a waste of time to them.

Edited by Voyager

I really wouldn't care. If I were killed, I'd be dead. So why would I care then? If I were assimilated, there's a 99.99% (if not greater) chance that the person who I was would cease to exist, which is basically like dying. So, again, why would I care then? Either way, who I was no longer exists, so there's really no reason to say that I'd prefer one over the other.

I would rather be assimilated than killed. Assimilation doesn't sound all that bad to me. I mean I wouldn't be me anymore, but at the same time, I would get a chance to be part of something incredible. If I'm dead, I'm useless, at least as a borg, I would have a purpose.

I would rather be assimilated than killed. Assimilation doesn't sound all that bad to me. I mean I wouldn't be me anymore, but at the same time, I would get a chance to be part of something incredible. If I'm dead, I'm useless, at least as a borg, I would have a purpose.

......and you don't care that your purpose would be to commit genocide on a galactic scale???... :laugh:

......and you don't care that your purpose would be to commit genocide on a galactic scale???... :elephant:

Its not genocide if I assimilate them. :laugh:

I’d definitely prefer to be assimilated. I actually have a theory about assimilation that perhaps I'll share later on when people know me a bit better. I don't want anyone to think I'm a total nut job right away. :laugh:

I think I'd rather be killed then assimilated.

I mean, how many assimilated people have been un-assimilated? Two out of billions?

Not to mention how traumatised most people would be afterwards, they'd likely never be the same.

I think I'd rather be killed then assimilated.

I mean, how many assimilated people have been un-assimilated? Two out of billions?

Not to mention how traumatised most people would be afterwards, they'd likely never be the same.

Well that’s certainly true but if you remained assimilated you wouldn’t know the difference. Actually the only time you’d know is if you had the ability to visit Unimatrix Zero before it was destroyed.