Sign in to follow this  
jadziaezri

I am getting a kitten

tonight i get my new kitten. We are calling her Q. I was wondering has anyone else named their pets (or Children) after trek characters. I am very interested to hear your replies

it's not a Trek character, but I had a cat named Jedi after Star Wars. If I had a pet that looked like a Trek pet I'd name it so. I have an orange cat, but he already has a name, too late to call him Spot

I had a kitten named Tasha, yes after Yar. Sadly she too passed away :laugh: (she was only a few months old).

She is not named after a Trek character... but I kinda get a kick out of the word association from my cat, Crystal.

She belonged to my sister (well, she still does she just lives with us and has claimed the entire family LOL). And my sister's favorite character in Trek is Lore...... THe association is: She likes Lore, and the cat is named Crystal. Extend her pet's name and you can get it: Crystalline entity

My sister tends to roll her eyes about that though.

i have a guinea pig with the middle name borg. i have wanted to name the cockatiels after trek but i wasn't allowed. someday i'd like a beta fish. i already have a name. data the beta.

tm :laugh:

I have a lot of cats. Their names:

Miss Kitty

Francine

Ryu-Ohki (named for a Tenchi Muyo character)

India

One-Eyed Jack (he lost his left eye as a kitten)

Tommy

Willie (female)

Purrdy

Princess

Mindy

Templeton (named for the rat in Charlotte's Web)

Spider Monkey

Purrsy

........get the cat fixed. At one time I had one cat, Miss Kitty. I didn't bother getting her fixed. See what's happened? :laugh:

This time next week I'll be giving away Purrsy, Purrdy, Templeton, and Tommy to my mail carrier. She lives in the foothills and has a lot more space. After that if I can find homes for the others (except, Miss Kitty, Francine, and Ryu-Ohki) I'll be happy. :laugh:

Edited by admiralpeewee

My old cat's name was Jadzia. My new cat is names Jones, after a famous sci-fi character :wink2:

I had thought that if I ever get another cat... I might name them after a Trek character, but then I had a bunch of other names in mind too. Many have been either heard in Trek or astronomy in general.

We had found an abyssinian cat and her two kittens hiding in our storage shed. We had named her Isis, which seemed kinda fitting. Everybody made faces at me at what I was planning to name the kittens...

Mani & Sol (Moon and Sun from Norse Myth)

Callisto & Ganymede (moons of Jupiter as well as Greek myth characters)

So... it ended up that A) Crystal did NOT like the newcomers so we had to find them a place to live. B ) Isis had somehow cut her jaw very badly and needed medical attention. We did call the humane society to pick them up, however the kittens escaped. THey said Isis would recieve medical attention and because as far as they could tell she was either purebred that escaped or quite close to a pure breed that she could easily find a home.

One kitten ended up with the kids down the road, because she escaped in that direction (well via our garbage can, the collector found her hiding. Thankfully before she got dumped in the truck! He took her to her new home)

Now the other kitten... he was a BIG trouble maker, I was going to name him Lore and my sister & brother kinda agreed that might be a good name. But my dad had already given him a name and claimed him as his cat. He called him Whimper. Whimper did not last long here though he kept wrecking the place, so he too was brought to the Society. And a week later we saw him and his mom listed amongst the pets to adopt.

I still say I would like to one day when I move out on my own, to get a couple kittens. And name them the way I want to and hopefully not get odd looks or complaints on how to say their names.

Alecto, Megara & Tisiphone (the Furies) or

Bast, Sekhmet, Hathor (two cat/lion goddesses & cow goddess from Egyptian myth)

Vili, Ve, Odin (creator gods of Norse myth)

Maeve, Aoife, Aine - Goddesses/Faery queens of Celtic myth.

or something like that :(

I had a hamster and I called her Chester Trek. Chester from the lead singer of LP and Trek from...well...Trek. But I shortend it to just Chester. (The cat killed her- I will never forgive him. )

My mom had a german sheppard which she named Tasha. She didn't thought over that that was a Trek name before I told her! :(

Now she has a beautiful totally white cat with one blue eye and one yellow/green eye which she has named Lurven.

:(

You will enjoy your kitten.

I have had two cats my first one Gizmo i had for 17 years.

got agatha a year before giz passed so i have had cats for 22 years.

Never been without a pet. Had them growing up on the farm

But you will learn they have little minds of there own

I have a lot of cats. Their names:

Miss Kitty

Francine

Ryu-Ohki (named for a Tenchi Muyo character)

India

One-Eyed Jack (he lost his left eye as a kitten)

Tommy

Willie (female)

Purrdy

Princess

Mindy

Templeton (named for the rat in Charlotte's Web)

Spider Monkey

Purrsy

........get the cat fixed. At one time I had one cat, Miss Kitty. I didn't bother getting her fixed. See what's happened? :angry:

This time next week I'll be giving away Purrsy, Purrdy, Templeton, and Tommy to my mail carrier. She lives in the foothills and has a lot more space. After that if I can find homes for the others (except, Miss Kitty, Francine, and Ryu-Ohki) I'll be happy. :P

This post cracked me up. Yes, get them fixed. Particularly if they are outdoor cats. I have one cat. His name is Freddy. He gets a lot of attention.

Oh that's so cute. I wonder if you kitten will be michievious like Q. I used to have a cat named Gizmo as well but he was just plain evil.

Maybe you should of called him Stripe.

Edited by Data

tonight i get my new kitten. We are calling her Q. I was wondering has anyone else named their pets (or Children) after trek characters. I am very interested to hear your replies

Considering your screen name I'm almost surprised you didn't name the kitten Dax. :P

I still plan on getting a couple of dogs that will be named Lore and Data although I haven't decided on a breed yet.

My daughter wants to get some fish again (I hate fish - too much work) and if she convinces me to do it I may insist that one be named Livingston. :angry:

My daughter wants to get some fish again (I hate fish - too much work) and if she convinces me to do it I may insist that one be named Livingston. ;)

We used to have little suicidal shark fish. We'd wake up in the morning and walk into the living room and one of them would be laying on the floor. We even triend covering up the extra little holes in the yop of the fish tank but we think they got out at the corner where we had the water circulator thingy.

:angry: I can't think today :P

Oh that's so cute. I wonder if you kitten will be michievious like Q. I used to have a cat named Gizmo as well but he was just plain evil.

Why stripe?

My daughter wants to get some fish again (I hate fish - too much work) and if she convinces me to do it I may insist that one be named Livingston. :angry:

We used to have little suicidal shark fish. We'd wake up in the morning and walk into the living room and one of them would be laying on the floor. We even triend covering up the extra little holes in the yop of the fish tank but we think they got out at the corner where we had the water circulator thingy.

:P I can't think today ;)

Why stripe?

Stripe was the mischievous leader of the bad Mogwai in the movie Gremlins.

Well she is the most mischievous kitten EVER!!! She is like Q in the way that she hurts you with out even knowing it. And I could have called her Dax she has a spotty belly and an undertone of spots all through her body. I wanted to upload a photo but i'm not sure how. Could some one pm me with how to do it. PLEASE!!!

Edited by jadziaezri

My daughter wants to get some fish again (I hate fish - too much work) and if she convinces me to do it I may insist that one be named Livingston. :(

^_^ I can't think today :(

Why stripe?

Stripe was the mischievous leader of the bad Mogwai in the movie Gremlins.

oh haven't seen that movie since i was a little kid

Well she is the most mischievous kitten EVER!!! She is like Q in the way that she hurts you with out even knowing it. And I could have called her Dax she has a spotty belly and an undertone of spots all through her body. I wanted to upload a photo but i'm not sure how. Could some one pm me with how to do it. PLEASE!!!

your kitten sounds cute

your kitten sounds cute

she is. At the moment she is biting my partner's toes in bed

What, you mean you are or your kitten is? :( ^_^

You asked for it, well no you didn't but here they are anyway.

Here is a pic of Q on her back, you can see her spots..post-1828-1136363069.jpg

there is also a photo of her attacking my camera. post-1828-1136363315.jpg

I took these with my web cam as the smaller resolution allows me to post the photos here

Edited by jadziaezri

I know that alot of people get hyped up about calling their animals Trek names, but would you ever call your child one?

I reckon that Nerys is awesome as a girls name. and Jadzia also.

What do you think?

thanks, she loves to attack me while i am on the computer, she sits between the tower and the monitor watching and waiting to strike.

Evil kitty

Similar situation with two cats named Calvin and Louie. Calvin would walk up to my side and look at me as if he wanted to sit on my lap, and would then proceed to try to send an email or something. Louie would walk on the bed behind me, tap me on the shoulder, and climb over me that way, whereupon he would try to walk on the keyboard. I tell you, it's so cute, yet so annoying when a cat tries to walk on yourioweroijgai;osdjgaiojs jilnsadjlg

Sorfiwien, I thought maybe your cat's name (Gizmo) came from that movie.

it did my parents were talking about that movie the day my dad brought the kitten home. gizmo wasn't even a month old when my dad found him. poor kitties mom most likely fell into the creek nearby 'cuz my dad look all around for the mother.

mine logs me off msnger, sends my computer to sleep and gets freaked out when the screen zaps her

sound cute and kinda funny. my cat used to go crazy whenever she saw her reflection in anything. she would jump up and down and try to kill her reflection. it was sooo funny.